- The jalapeno pepper, which belongs to the Capsicum annuum family, is a vegetable of Mexican origin.
- Known as gin pepper, jalapeno is grown in green and red colors. It is the ripening period that determines the colors.
- The average size of a jalapeno pepper varies between 5 and 9 cm.
- This pepper, which has a slightly meaty structure, also draws attention with its high fiber structure.
- Jalapeno peppers are more juicy than other hot peppers.
- In our country, you may know jalapeno peppers from pickle companies. Jalapeno is used to give moderate bitterness to pickles and to ferment pickles more deliciously.
- For those who ask how to use jalapeno pepper, different alternatives are offered. If you like to eat some hot pepper; You can add this pepper to salads by chopping them raw.
- You can use it during cooking to get a very delicious aroma in meals.
- Jalapeno, which has a place in the choice of dip sauce, can create a delicious sauce with various ingredients when pureed.
- Jalapeno pepper, which is a sought-after ingredient in some sauces and dishes in Mexican cuisine, is also consumed as a flavor detail of pizzas when sliced very thinly.
Is Jalapeno Pepper Hot?
- The bitterness of the jalapeno pepper varies according to the taste. If you love bitter flavors; jalapeno peppers won’t give you too much of a bitter taste.
- This pepper, which suppresses its bitter taste somewhat thanks to its juicy structure, has a milder bitterness compared to gin pepper.
- Green jalapeno has a sweeter flavor than red jalapeno peppers.
- If you are going to consume jalapeno pepper for the first time, you can take the bitterness for a short time. The bitter taste on your palate will not bother you.
Jalapeno Pepper Varieties
Two different types of jalapeno peppers are known.
- Green jalapeno peppers: This type of pepper is dark green in color and is harvested before it matures. It is less bitter than red.
- Red jalapeno pepper: It is red in color and is harvested after the green jalapeno pepper has matured in the sunlight for a while. It has a sharper bitterness than its green color.
Jalapeno Benefits: 7 Features You Haven’t Heard of
1) Revitalizes Metabolism
- Capsaicin is present in the structure of jalapeno pepper. This substance is a useful substance sought by those who want to lose weight.
- You can increase your metabolic rate by consuming jalapeno peppers in moderation throughout the day.
- When the metabolic rate increases, you can start fat burning.
2) Contains High Fiber
- Jalapeno pepper attracts attention with its fibrous structure. Fiber supports the healthy functioning of the intestines.
- It is recommended to consume fibrous foods for a strong intestinal flora. You can meet your fiber needs by consuming jalapeno peppers in meals or in pickles.
- Thanks to the fibrous jalapeno, you can make the functioning of the organs healthier.
3) Accelerates Blood Circulation
- Jalapeno peppers have the power to preserve body heat. It delays the feeling of cold as it will increase blood circulation.
- Jalapeno pepper, which accelerates blood circulation, also prevents vascular occlusion.
- As a result of moderate consumption, you can protect cardiovascular health.
4) Clears Infection
- Jalapeno pepper, which has a diuretic effect, accelerates the clearance of infection in the body.
- It is recommended to consume jalapeno peppers, especially for the rapid elimination of bacteria due to urinary tract infection.
- You can place this pepper in your kitchen, which has the feature of stopping the spread of infection and cleaning the infection.
5) Vitamin C Store
- Vitamin C is known as a vitamin that should be taken by people of all ages.
- Vitamin C, which is supplied from many fruits and vegetables, is also obtained from jalapeno peppers.
- If you consume this pepper regularly and in moderation, you can keep your body away from various diseases.
- Vitamin C strengthens your body’s defense system.
6) Source of Magnesium
- If you take a certain amount of magnesium, you can minimize the risk of pain and cramps in your body.
- Jalapeno peppers are also a source of magnesium. If you consume it in moderation, you can relieve pain naturally.
- You can overcome problems such as muscle and bone pain and cramps thanks to the effects of jalapeno pepper.
7) Strengthens the Immune System
- It has been observed that those who consume jalapeno pepper have a stronger immune system.
- Thanks to a strong immune system, you can minimize the risk of serious diseases such as cancer.
- You can have a healthier life by choosing jalapeno peppers raw and cooked, in pickles.
Jalapeno Pepper Cultivation
- The original home of the jalapeno pepper is known as Mexico.
- It is known that it has been grown in the Aegean lands in Turkey in recent years.
- This pepper, which ripens and reddens in the heat of July, is sent to various regions of Turkey.
- The grown jalapeno peppers are also supplied to pickle companies and offered to consumers as pickles.