How to use vitamin E to rejuvenate the eye contour?
The eye contour is a delicate area that requires hydration and a lot of protection.
Wrinkles and expression lines appear over the years. According to experts, this is due to the multiple and constant movements of the facial muscles, combined with the loss of some proteins and properties such as collagen and elasticity.
In general, the first wrinkles to appear are the well-known crow’s feet, which is why an endless number of aesthetic and natural treatments have been developed to help combat expression lines. On the other hand, there are also those who point out that a diet rich in B vitamins helps to reduce these wrinkles.
However, the Mundo Deportivo portal pointed out that one of the most recommended vitamins to rejuvenate the eye contour is vitamin E. This is because it is a fat-soluble nutrient that is easily found in various foods.
In addition, vitamin E works by protecting the cells that are responsible for the production of collagen, elastin and hyaluronic acid from the damage caused by free radicals, which cause premature aging of the skin, as described by the National Institutes of Health Office of Dietary Supplements.
This vitamin can be found in various foods. For example, it is present in fruits, green leafy vegetables, nuts, and oilseeds, as well as wheat, cereals, and olive oil. Over the years and thanks to its properties, it has become an essential product for cosmetic use, due to its antioxidant and protective power.
How to use this vitamin E
Vitamin E can be found in capsules, cream, serum, and other forms. However, it is recommended to purchase it in capsules whose oil is applied directly to the skin, in this case around the eyes. Although the texture may seem too greasy and sticky, it is advisable to apply the contents of the capsule little by little and massaging.
In this way, the fat will be completely absorbed and discomfort will be avoided. To let it work well and because of its texture, the recommendation is to carry out this procedure before going to sleep and let it work overnight.
Vitamin E and cucumber mask:
- Half peeled cucumber
- 2 Vitamin E capsules
Blend the cucumber with the capsules until a homogeneous mixture is obtained. Once ready, apply to the eye contour area for 15 minutes. When the time has elapsed, the area should be rinsed with warm water.
Other antioxidant masks to combat expression lines:
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil (32 g).
- 1 piece of cotton.
How to use:
- Dip the piece of cotton in the olive oil.
- Do a light massage around the eye area with the product, preferably every day before going to sleep.
- There is no need to rinse it.
Egg and olive oil:
- 1 egg white.
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
How to use:
- Separate the yolk and the white of the egg and reserve the latter in a container.
- Add the oil and mix well until you get a uniform mixture.
- With a clean face, apply the mask with the help of a brush, insisting on the areas where more expressive lines tend to appear.
- Let it take effect for 20 minutes and removed plenty of lukewarm water.
- You can do this mask to combat expression lines three times a week.
Avocado and olive oil mask
- 1 avocado.
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
How to use:
- Peel the avocado, extract the pulp and put it in a container. If the avocado is large, half will suffice.
- Add the tablespoon of oil and mix well until you get a uniform paste.
- Wash the face and dry gently. Then, apply the mask with your fingers or with the help of a brush and cover well, especially the areas where there are more expression lines and marks.
- Let it act for 15 or 20 minutes and remove with lukewarm water.