How Many Calories in Green Tea?
Green tea is one of the most consumed types of tea for centuries and civilizations. Green tea, which has been used by the Chinese for centuries in Asia, is another reason for preference due to its calorie-free nature. Green tea, which can be consumed by increasing its flavor with additions such as jasmine, lemon, cinnamon, is among the hot drinks that have been loved and drunk by us for a long time! But how many calories in green tea consumed by thousands of people every day?
How Many Calories in Green Tea?
Since green tea is much less processed than black tea, it preserves the beneficial antioxidant substances in its content. It is also low in calories. So, how many calories in 1 cup, 1 cup of green tea?
- 1 cup of green tea: 0 calories
A cup of green tea, which has strong antioxidant properties, is only 0 calories. In addition to having no calories, it has a positive effect on your health when consumed regularly. Here are some of its useful features:
1) Green Tea Helps Weight Loss
- The antioxidants in green tea are very effective in helping to lose weight.
- To benefit from these effects, a maximum of 2-3 cups of green tea can be drunk per day.
- In order to benefit from the slimming effect of green tea, it is considered inconvenient to consume more than 2-3 cups.
2) Accelerates Metabolism
- Thanks to the functions of green tea that accelerates metabolism, your weight loss speed increases.
- Thanks to the antioxidants in its content, it facilitates fat burning.
2) Lowers the Risk of Parkinson’s and Alzheimer’s
- The catechin antioxidant in green tea helps protect brain cells.
- It prevents many diseases such as Parkinson’s and Alzheimer’s.
- Consumption of 1 cup of green tea every day allows you to take precautions against brain-based diseases.
3) Prevents Diabetes
- With the consumption of green tea, you can lower your blood sugar level.
- It allows you to take precautions against Type 2 Diabetes, one of the biggest problems of the age.
4) Balances Cholesterol
- Cholesterol is a factor underlying many diseases.
- You can control diseases such as heart diseases, vascular occlusions, stroke and high blood pressure with green tea.
Green Tea Diet List to Lose 5 Kilos in 1 Week
Green tea; It is always among the essentials of diet lists with its edema-scavenging, metabolism-accelerating effect. You can facilitate your weight loss process by adding unsweetened green tea to your diet meals.
Here is the green tea diet list that will allow you to lose 5 kilos in 7 days when applied systematically :
- 2 boiled eggs
- 1 cup of unsweetened tea
- 1 grapefruit
- 1 can of canned tuna
- 1 bowl of nonfat yogurt
- 1 cup of green tea
- 1 portion grilled chicken
- greens salad
- Green tea
How to Brew Green Tea?
The most important thing to consider when brewing green tea is the temperature of the water and the brewing time.
- The fact that the water is too hot while brewing green tea causes the catechin in its content to break down.
- In order for green tea not to lose its benefits, the best thing to do is to boil the water for 1-2 minutes, wait for a while and pour it on the leaves.
How to Drink Green Tea?
- It is recommended by experts to drink a maximum of 2 glasses of green tea a day .
- It is more beneficial to consume green tea, known for its effect on weight loss and helping to burn fat, between meals or 1 hour before a meal.