How Many Calories in Corn? Roasted, Popcorn, Boiled Corn Calorie Values
Wherever it is used, corn first satisfies the eyes with its color and then cheers up the stomach with its taste. You can use corn in many places. You can bring the cinema pleasure to your feet by adding them to salads, giving them small yellow details and popping them for movie pleasures. Corn, which is used in many ways in the kitchen, creates many delicious recipes when it is turned into flour, especially the Black Sea cuisine.
Corn, which is a fibrous food, will be like medicine for those who have digestive problems. Each one contains fiber and iron. It also supports mental development as it contains B vitamins. Corn flour is just as useful as corn kernels. It has an important place in Black Sea dishes as it is used in many pastries. Corn flakes, which those who can not spare much time for breakfast, love to bring together with milk; It takes its place among the foods that are both practical and keep you full for a long time.
In this article, which will smell corn in every line, we have calculated the calorie information of corn for you. We answered the question of how many calories are in popped, boiled, roasted and cornmeal corn. Our article, which will be a calorie guide for those who eat a measured and balanced diet, can help you a lot on this path. Here is the calorie information of digestive friendly corn.
How Many Calories in Boiled Corn?
You can consume the milk corn, which you often see in the markets in autumn, in the healthiest way by boiling it. It can be remembered as an effective food against intestinal problems. In addition, you can consume it as a snack for a long time with its satiating effect. The answer to your question of how many calories in milk corn you can consume by boiling will be as follows:
- 100 grams of boiled corn on the cob: 96 calories
- 1 teaspoon of boiled corn: 5 calories
- 1 tablespoon of boiled corn: 10 calories
- How many calories in 1 cup of corn: 96 calories
- A large glass of boiled corn is 192 calories.
Corn, which you can also use in canned form, is called sweet corn. So how many calories in canned corn?
- 1 tablespoon of canned corn is 21 calories, while a small can of canned corn is 155 calories.
How Many Calories in Popcorn?
Popcorn, the crowded companion of movie and TV shows, is usually over before the movie starts; It has always kept its place among delicious snacks. The amount of fat in popcorn, which you can consume with or without oil, also affects the caloric value. These values can be expressed as:
- 1 handful of popcorn: 29 calories
- 1 medium bowl of popcorn: 62 calories
- 60-gram serving of popcorn: 246 calories
- A big plate of popcorn: 369 calories
- 100 g of popcorn: 410 calories
Fat free popcorn:
- 1 handful of fat-free popcorn: 47 calories
- 1 cup fat-free popcorn: 65 calories
- 1 cup fat-free popcorn: 131 calories
- 100 grams of fat-free popcorn is only 186 calories.
How Many Calories in Roasted Corn?
The taste of corn cooked on embers in the garden or at picnics can take many people back to childhood for a while. The smell emanating from the roasted corn awakens the appetite. Roasted corn is loved by many. In fact, companies that produce grills have started to produce grills with a special corn compartment. If you are wondering how many calories are in 1 roasted corn for corn lovers, you can see the following value:
- How many calories in 1 cob of roasted corn: 120 calories.
How Many Calories in Cornbread?
Corn bread, which has a higher fat content than white bread, is an indispensable food for Black Sea breakfasts and meals. Corn bread prepared with cornmeal is also rich in B vitamins. We have listed some of the calorie amounts of cornbread for you:
- Thin slice of cornbread: 94 calories
- Medium slice of cornbread: 126 calories
- 80g sliced cornbread: 251 calories
- 100 grams of cornbread: 314 calories.
How Many Calories in Cereal?
For those who do not have time to prepare breakfast when they wake up in the morning, cereal may be a choice. Since it is among the hearty foods, it is brought together with milk in the morning by many people. It is stated that there is no objection to corn flakes if you are in moderation. If you have less time for snacks; A bowl of cereal will keep you quite fresh. Corn flakes are also produced by food companies in plain, fruity and chocolate form. So how many calories in cereal?
- 1 cup of cereal: 107 calories
- 1 tablespoon of cereal: 25 calories
- Half a bowl of cereal: 89 calories
- 100 grams of cereal is 357 calories.
How Many Calories in Corn Flour?
Dough dishes, kuymak and various foods can be prepared with corn flour. Since it is a local product, cornmeal flavors many dishes in the Black Sea coasts of our country. It is fine grained and yellow in color. It is obtained from special grinding of dry corn kernels. Corn flour calorie information:
- 1 tablespoon of cornmeal: 36 calories
- A full tablespoon of cornmeal: 61 calories
- 1 cup of cornmeal: 167 calories
- One cup of cornmeal is 320 calories.