What is Demi Glace Sauce? How is it done?
Today we take you to French cuisine and “how to prepare demi glace sauce?” We are looking for an answer. In fact, demi glace sauce is one of the classic sauces of French cuisine. Its reputation, integrated with its taste, has spread all over the world and has become the secret of the most luxurious restaurants and master chefs today.
Demi glace sauce is a very nutritious and vitamin-rich sauce in terms of its ingredients. However, its construction is just as long and difficult. For this reason, it is possible to find its packaged form on market shelves today.
When demi glace sauce comes together with Yummy Recipes, it turns the meal into a feast. It is especially suitable for red meat and chicken dishes. If you want to prepare this special sauce in the comfort of your home, you should definitely try the recipe that we will give you shortly.
What is Demi Glace Sauce?
- Demi glace sauce is one of the classic sauces of French cuisine. It is also known as brown sauce because of its color.
- This sauce can be used alone or in combination with different sauces.
- In addition to being delicious, making demi glace sauce is quite laborious. It is prepared by boiling the bones for hours, just like the marrow bone broth we have. The secret of its flavor lies in blending the marrow of the bone with vegetables.
- Today, it is possible to find this sauce ready-made in the markets.
- It can be stored in the cupboard. For this reason, it is usually prepared in large quantities and used piecemeal. Since it is difficult to make and takes a long time, it is not made in small quantities.
- Demi glace sauce can be used alone in cooking as well as in making other sauces.
- Today, when you go to restaurants that prepare meat dishes, you may notice tenderloin steaks with demi glace sauce on the menu. This sauce, which is deliciously used in steaks, tenderloin and other red meat dishes, is quite famous and delicious.
- Since the preparation is a little troublesome, the price of the dishes containing the sauce may also seem a bit high.
Spanish (Espanyol) Sauce Required for Demi Glace Sauce
Before proceeding with the demi glace sauce preparations, it is necessary to prepare the Spanish sauce. Because when we prepare demi glace sauce, we will also need Spanish sauce.
- 3 pounds of broken beef bones
- 300 grams of oil
- 150 grams of carrots
- 150 grams of onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 bunch of parsley
- 200 grams tomato paste
- 175 grams of flour
- First, fry the bones in oil.
- Then fry the vegetables with the flour until they turn pink.
- When the vegetables turn pink, add tomato paste and water.
- Add the parsley and garlic and boil all the ingredients for 5 hours.
- Don’t forget to check the pot from time to time. If the water is getting low, you can add hot water.
- At the end of the time, turn off the stove and leave your sauce to cool.
- Finally, you can strain the warm sauce with the help of cheesecloth or strainer and start using it.
How to Make Demi Glace Sauce
- 2 cups Spanish sauce
- 2 cups beef broth
- 3 tablespoons of red wine
- In a medium saucepan, place the Spanish sauce and broth and mix well.
- Then turn on the stove and boil the broth and Spanish sauce for about 1.5 hours.
- Don’t forget to check the pot from time to time. When the amount of liquid you put in the first place is reduced by half, you can turn off the bottom of the stove.
- Finally, add the red wine to the sauce pot you took from the stove and mix well.
Your demi glace sauce is ready. Bon appetit now!
Tips for preparing demi glace sauce:
- The first stage of roasting should be done correctly; bones, vegetables and flour should be well roasted. Because the browning of the sauce depends on it.
- All materials used at each stage must be of good quality.
- Care should be taken to use vegetables in equal amounts.
- The foams (kef) and oils formed on it during boiling should be removed. Care should be taken that no oil remains in the sauce. Refrigerate the sauce if you want to make sure that no oil remains. If there is any oil left, it will freeze at the top. In this way, you can easily remove the remaining oil.
- When straining the sauce, a fine cheesecloth or strainer should be used as possible.
- Divide the sauce you prepared into small quantities and store it in the refrigerator or freezer.
- Put your sauce in the pan where you cook the meat dish you want to flavor with demi glace sauce, so that the remains of the cooked meat will pass into the sauce.
- Demi glace sauce should be brown in color. The consistency is fluid and dense. In other words, it is a thick, shiny-looking sauce.
In Which Meals Is Demi Glace Sauce Used?
- Demi glace sauce is especially suitable for meat dishes and dishes cooked in the oven.
- There are many recipes with demi glace sauce. Beef steak with demi glace sauce and entrecote with demi glace sauce are very popular and have a place in the menus of luxury restaurants. If you do not eat red meat or want to choose white meat, you can taste chicken with demi glace sauce .
- We guarantee that you will not forget this flavor that will cheer your palate for the rest of your life.
- We would like to remind you that the original demi-glace sauce contains wine. If you do not consume alcohol, you can consult the chefs before eating dishes containing this sauce.
- Sometimes the sauce can be prepared without the use of wine. If there is wine, you can shape your order according to your preference.
- Demi glace sauce, which gives flavor to red and white meat dishes, can be an alternative for those who like different flavors.