9 Surprising Benefits of Buffalo Yogurt
Buffalo Yogurt: Superfood, Natural Antibiotic! Also known as natural antibiotic, buffalo yogurt deserves to be included in the “superfood” category thanks to the vitamins, minerals and components it contains. Buffalo yogurt is a nutritious and satisfying food for both growing children and adults.
Benefits of Buffalo Yogurt
- Rich in Protein and Calcium
- Low Lactose
- It is nutritious and filling
- Natural Antibiotic
- Gives Energy to the Body
- Regulates the Digestive System
- Lowers the Risk of Cancer Diseases
- Protects Heart Health
- Beneficial for Eye Health
Thanks to the protein it contains, it is a good alternative for those who cannot consume red meat. The benefits of buffalo yogurt, which is rich in probiotics and calcium, do not end with counting!
In today’s article, we focused on buffalo yogurt and sought answers to many questions such as “nutritional value of buffalo yogurt”, “calories of buffalo yogurt”, “damages of buffalo yogurt” . If you are ready, let’s get started without wasting time!
9 Surprising Benefits of Buffalo Yogurt
1) Rich in Protein and Calcium
- Known for its healing effects, buffalo yogurt is a good protein and calcium store. 60% of the nutritional value of buffalo yogurt is calcium and 40% is protein.
- Buffalo milk contains twice as much protein as cow’s milk.
- Therefore, considering the amount of protein in it, it is possible to say that buffalo yogurt can be a good alternative for those who cannot consume red meat.
2) Low Lactose
- Although yogurt is a very useful food, it is not recommended for those with lactose intolerance.
- However, the lactose rate in buffalo yogurt is lower than other types of yogurt.
- Therefore, it is known that this ratio can be tolerated by many people.
3) It is nutritious and filling
- Buffalo yogurt is very nutritious thanks to the vitamins and minerals it contains.
- It is an ideal food especially for children in the developmental age and those who struggle with the problem of osteoporosis.
- This yogurt, which has a dense consistency, is also filling. On the other hand, it is quite low in calories. 50 grams of buffalo yogurt is approximately 50 kcal calories.
- Pregnancy is a time when women pay more attention to better nutrition than ever before. Expectant mothers rightly turn to foods that are particularly nutritious.
- The benefits of buffalo yogurt during pregnancy should never be ignored. Buffalo yogurt made from buffalo milk, which contains much more calcium and protein than cow’s milk, is an extremely nutritious and beneficial food.
- Consuming a bowl of buffalo yogurt every day during pregnancy is enough to meet the daily nutritional needs of the expectant mother.
- Buffalo yogurt is a healthy choice for both the expectant mother and the fetus.
4) Natural Antibiotic
- Thanks to the vitamin B12 in buffalo yogurt, it acts as a natural antibiotic in the body from the moment it is consumed.
- In this way, it is effective against both chronic and acute inflammation.
- It improves the body’s defense mechanism.
5) Energizes the Body
- Buffalo yogurt is almost an energy store.
- Thanks to the vitamin B12, calcium and protein it contains, it gives energy to the body.
- It makes the person feel alive and fit throughout the day.
6) Regulates the Digestive System
- Consuming buffalo yogurt regularly facilitates digestion.
- Thanks to the probiotics it contains, buffalo yogurt regulates the digestive system and makes it work better.
- It is known that buffalo yogurt quickly regenerates intestinal flora.
- Thanks to the improvement in the intestinal flora, many digestive problems are eliminated. In addition, the absorption of vitamins and mineral enzymes is better.
7) Lowers the Risk of Cancer Diseases
- Buffalo yogurt contains plenty of probiotics.
- Thanks to this feature, it prevents the development and proliferation of cancer cells.
- It has an anticarcinogenic effect.
- As a result of the researches, it has been observed that buffalo yogurt is 80 percent effective in preventing the risk of colon cancer.
8) Protects Heart Health
- Vitamin B12 and zinc minerals in buffalo yogurt help protect heart health.
- It prevents the formation of cardiovascular diseases.
- Increases healthy cholesterol levels.
9) Beneficial for Eye Health
- Buffalo yogurt, which is rich in vitamin A, thus protects eye health.
- It prevents the development of eye disorders. It prevents advanced age eye diseases such as cataracts.
Tips for Making Buffalo Yogurt
- We have listed the benefits of buffalo yogurt. Now let’s get to the tricks of making this superfood.
- As the name suggests, buffalo yogurt is made from buffalo milk.
- To make buffalo yogurt, first pour 1 liter of buffalo milk into a suitable pot.
- Bring the milk to a boil over low heat, stirring constantly with a colander.
- Continue to boil the boiling milk for 5 more minutes on low heat. At this stage, the milk in the pot will decrease by a finger.
- Then turn off the stove and let the milk cool. Add a teaspoon of previously made buffalo yogurt to the warmed milk. Then cover the pot and leave it at room temperature for 4-6 hours. After 4 hours, check your yogurt.
- If it’s the consistency you want, put the yogurt in the fridge.
- You can start consuming the yogurt you have prepared the next day.
- So what are the tricks of this job? Let’s go into some more details and important points.
- If you want to make a thicker and denser yogurt, you can mix buffalo milk with cow’s milk. If we need to measure; You can add 1 liter of cow’s milk to 3 liters of buffalo milk.
- The quality of milk is very important in yoghurt fermentation. You should definitely pay attention to buy hygienic and good quality milk from places you trust.
- Strain the milk through cheesecloth or strainer and put it in the pot. In this way, you will eliminate the impurities in the milk, if any.
- Fermentation time is very important for a stone-like yogurt. If you have a thermometer, we strongly recommend that you take advantage of this convenience. When the milk reaches 42-45 degrees, it means it’s time to ferment.
- If you don’t have a thermometer, don’t worry! Dip your little finger into the edge of the milk and count to ten inside. As you approach 10, the milk should lightly burn your finger.
- Remember, the milk should not be too cold or too hot. If it has reached a temperature that will not burn your finger, it is time to ferment.
- While fermenting the milk, be sure to mix it well to obtain a homogeneous consistency.
- The yeast you use should be at room temperature. Do not mix the yeast you bought from the refrigerator directly into the milk.
- Be sure to wrap the container in which you ferment the yogurt with a blanket.
- Is cow’s milk fermented with buffalo yogurt? This question is often asked because buffalo milk is not available in abundance.
- In fact, buffalo yogurt is only made with buffalo milk. However, as we mentioned before, you can use cow’s milk at a ratio of 1/3 for a denser consistency.
Buffalo Yogurt Calories and Nutritional Information
- 100 grams of buffalo yogurt is only 101 calories.
- The same amount of buffalo yogurt contains 7.3 g of carbohydrates, 7.7 g of protein and 6.5 g of fat.
- Buffalo yogurt is also rich in calcium, potassium, sodium, iron, manganese, vitamin B12 and zinc.
Buffalo Yogurt Harms and Side Effects
- Like every food, excessive consumption of yogurt can have some harms and side effects.
- If you are lactose and casein intolerant, you should avoid all milk and dairy products, not just buffalo yogurt.
- Buffalo yogurt should not be given to children who are allergic to milk and dairy products.
- Excessive consumption of buffalo yogurt can cause problems such as diarrhea and gas. If you have similar complaints after consumption of buffalo yogurt, we recommend that you take a break from yogurt consumption for a while.
Is Buffalo Yogurt Given to Babies?
- Yogurt made from cow’s and goat’s milk can be given to babies after 6 months.
- If the baby does not give any allergic reaction to the yogurt during the tasting process, they can continue to consume yogurt.
- However, for buffalo yoghurt, the baby should be expected to be one year old. The reason for this is that the protein content of buffalo milk is high. The protein load in question may be heavy for babies younger than 6 months.
- If you want to feed buffalo yogurt to your baby, you should definitely talk to your doctor beforehand.