8 Natural Treatments for Eyestrain
With the increase in social media usage and working hours, screen times have started to get longer. Many people spend almost 18-20 hours a day staring at a screen. Unfortunately, this causes eye strain.
Many factors such as reading a book for a long time or driving a car for a long time, some eye disorders, spending a lot of time outside without using sunglasses can also cause dry eyes.
So, how about eye strain? What to do for eye strain at home? The answers to all these questions are waiting for you in the rest of our article. If you also suffer from eye strain, these solutions may be the solution to your distress.
What Is Good For Eyestrain? 8 Natural Treatments
1) Eye Exercises
- One of the most effective ways to get rid of eye strain is to do eye exercises.
- For this; Hold a pencil at arm’s length and try to focus on that pencil.
- Then bring the pen closer to your eye until its image is clear. Then zoom out again.
- You can repeat these applications 5-10 times a day.
2) Cold Water
- Applying this method is quite simple.
- All you have to do is; After wetting a thin towel or cheesecloth with cold water, massaging your eyelids with this towel. That is all!
- You can do this application whenever you feel your eyes are tired.
- If you cannot do this, you can wash your face with cold water several times a day. Because cold water reduces the swelling around the eyes by constricting blood vessels.
3) Chamomile Tea
- Soak 2 bags of chamomile tea in a glass of hot water for 5 minutes.
- When the time is up, remove the tea bags from the cup and let them sit for a while in the refrigerator or on the counter.
- When the tea bags are warm, leave them on your eyelid for 5 minutes.
- You can safely apply this method, which has no side effects, whenever you need it.
4) Rose Water
- First, rinse your eyes with cold water.
- Then, drop a few drops of rose water on a cotton ball and keep these cotton pads on your eyelids.
- You can repeat this method whenever you need it like the others.
- We continue to provide eye fatigue treatment recommendations that you can apply at home.
- Cucumber is one of the most recommended foods against eye strain.
- Because cucumber reduces puffiness in the eyes and helps to remove color changes around the eyes.
- This method is really easy to apply.
- All you have to do is; Putting 2 thin slices of cucumber on your eyelids and waiting for a while. That is all!
- The most known and applied method against eye fatigue is to put tea in the eye.
- You can put the bags of the tea you brewed on your eyelids when they are warm and wait for a while
7) Cauliflower Juice
- Eye fatigue is one of the issues raised by Saraçoğlu.
- Famous Professor İbrahim Saraçoğlu recommends cauliflower juice for eye dryness and fatigue.
- If you have dry eyes, boil 1.5-2 glasses of drinking water in a suitable pot.
- When the water boils, put 150-250 grams of cauliflower in it and continue to boil for 5 more minutes on low heat.
- When the time is up, you can filter the water and drink it.
The main symptoms that indicate eye strain are:
- Eye pain
- stinging eyes
- burning in eyes
- dry eyes
- pain around the eyes
- sensitivity to light
- Blurred and double vision