9 Natural Treatments That Are Good For Urea Height
Our body converts ammonia, that is, waste material formed during protein digestion, into another waste material called urea. A small part of the urea is excreted from the body in sweat, while the remaining part is filtered in the kidneys and excreted in the urine.
It is normal for us to have a certain amount of urea in our blood since we definitely take protein. However, due to abnormal protein intake or kidney problems, this amount may be higher than it should be. Circulatory problems, thyroid problems, digestive system problems, and excessive exercise can also cause the urea level to increase too much. In addition, infections caused by various reasons, stress, not drinking enough water, and high fever can increase the amount of urea.
In order to reduce the urea level to normal levels, the main reason must be found first. This requires expert support. After the main reason is found, a nutrition program is arranged and if necessary, treatments related to the relevant organ are applied.
Generally, high urea is a problem that can be controlled by arranging a nutrition program. If you want to have information about natural treatment methods and plants that are good for high urea levels, especially with kidney and liver problems, you can take a look at our special list in our article.
What is Urea?
- After the useful parts of the protein taken into the body are used and transformed at some stations, they reach the liver and then the kidney, which is the last stop.
- The protein, whose waste part is separated in the kidney, is excreted in the urine. In other words, the main organ where urea emerges is the liver, and the organ where it is filtered is the kidneys.
- In this entire cycle, some of the protein is converted to urea in the liver. In fact, urea is an intermediate organic structure formed to ensure that wastes consisting of proteins are removed from the body in the healthiest way possible. If there is a problem in the liver or kidneys, high or low urea may be experienced.
- While sometimes only herbal supplements and a high urea diet may be sufficient in treatment, depending on the cause or reasons, doctors also recommend different methods such as drug therapy or surgery in severe cases.
How to Lower Urea Height? 9 Natural Treatments
- Purslane helps the kidneys work more efficiently, balancing the amount of urea in the blood.
- Especially, purslane, which is consumed raw, makes the body healthier.
- Rosemary, which is used as a supplement in the treatment of kidney failure, can also reduce the urea level.
- You can add rosemary herb to boiling clean water, after brewing for 5-6 minutes, strain it and consume it.
- Drinking this tea twice a day will help reduce your urea level.
3) Stinging Nettle
- Stinging nettle is a natural option for both cleansing the kidneys and rejuvenating the liver.
- You can consume stinging nettle as a meal or as a tea. We recommend using gloves while preparing the food because the plant can cause allergic reactions in the hand.
4) Cherry Stalk
- Cherry stalk is a beneficial natural option for kidneys. Cherry stalk, which is a diuretic and cleans the blood, also supports the reduction of urea.
- You can easily find cherry stalks, which you can prepare as herbal tea, in herbalists.
5) Black Cumin
- Black cumin is kidney-friendly and it is also the enemy of high urea, which is usually caused by kidney problems.
- It is recommended to consume 1-2 teaspoons of black cumin per day as an average amount. You can add black cumin, which goes well with pastries, to salads or consume it raw.
6) Corn Silk
- Corn silk is generally used to combat excretory system problems. This herbal option supports treatment for urinary tract problems and kidney problems.
- You can consume corn tassel by preparing it as herbal tea. You can use honey to add flavor to the taste of tea.
7) Reishi Mushroom
- Reishi mushroom, which seems to be a symbol of being effective in reducing the amount of urea rising in the kidneys and therefore in the blood, also provides sodium and potassium balance.
- Reishi mushroom tea is recommended to be consumed on an empty stomach, especially in the morning.
- Horsetail, also known as horsetail, is a plant that also contributes to oral and bone health. This herb, which supports the efficient functioning of the kidneys, also provides weight loss by removing edema.
- You can consume horsetail herbs as herbal tea. In order to benefit more from the benefits of herbal teas, it is recommended to drink on an empty stomach.
- Propolis, also known as bee gum, is a natural substance that bees place on the honeycomb by transforming the sap taken from plants. Propolis, which is supportive for both kidney and liver health, also has antibacterial and antioxidant properties.
- We recommend that you buy propolis, which you can find in different forms such as tablets and capsules, from reliable places and after making sure that it is natural.
What are the Symptoms of Urea High?
Urea elevation, which can cause serious problems if not controlled, manifests itself with different symptoms in the body. Although it varies from person to person and the main cause, the most common symptoms are as follows:
- muscle weakening
- decreased appetite
- sudden weakening
- Oral problems
- ammonia-scented breath
- Sleep disorders
- breathing problems
- stubborn hiccups