7 Easiest Ways to Remove Moisture at Home
Houses with high humidity often have a damp problem. When the ideal humidity rate for a house is accepted as 50%, moisture can be seen at the bottom of the walls or ceilings in cases where this rate is higher. First of all, measures can be taken by changing the structure of the house against moisture that harms the goods and health. Humidity is less in houses built with quality materials for insulation. In houses with stoves, the risk of dampness is higher. Because usually the door of the rooms where the stove is used remains closed. The fact that the other rooms are cool and the room with the stove is hot causes the water vapor to be felt more intensely in the house. Due to this disproportion, problems may occur in limed and whitewashed houses due to humidity.
We have examined the ceiling and wall moisture removal methods for you so that the dampness, which results in rot and mold if not noticed, does not cause further damage to your home. With these solution suggestions, you can keep your home more spacious and get rid of the humidity problem.
1) Sea Salt
Home dehumidification methods often work well for basement and ground floor residents. In the houses of the people living on these floors, humidity is frequently experienced because the ventilation opportunity is very limited. We will recommend you to use sea salt to take precautions against humidity in the rooms and especially in the bathroom. Because sea salt has the ability to absorb moisture. Decorations made of sea salt or sea salt in a bowl are among the measures to be taken against dampness at home.
2) White Vinegar
If the paints of your house are not painted with one of the types of moisture removing paints, your house may be very susceptible to moisture. It may take a lot of time to clean the traces of moisture that is noticed later and to try to eliminate the odor. In such cases, white vinegar, which is successful in home hygiene, should be in your mind. Because odors caused by mold and rot can be eliminated with white vinegar. To remove dampness using white vinegar, you can follow these steps:
- Mix a glass of water and white vinegar in a spray bottle.
- Spray this mixture in damp rooms as an air freshener and leave to dry.
- You can also apply it directly to the moisture marks on the corners.
- For dampness in front of the glass, you can squeeze the mixture and wipe it with a cloth.
Borax is a chemical powder substance. It is found in many cleaning products, albeit to a lesser extent. Borax, which is also effective against humidity, can be applied very easily and can destroy the effects of humidity. To try it, you need to:
- First of all, you should make sure that you have gloves on your hand.
- Shake approximately one tablespoon of borax and 1 liter of water in a spray bottle.
- Then spray this mixture on the areas where you complain of dampness.
- After waiting for an average of 30 minutes, clean the stained areas with a dish sponge and get rid of mold.
4) Tea Tree Oil
You can provide hygiene in a short time by using tea tree oil in rooms and walls where humidity occurs. Tea tree oil, which fights against bacteria, comes to your home this time to refresh. You can follow a way to eliminate moisture from home with tea tree oil:
- Mix 2 spoons of tea tree oil in a glass of water.
- Take this mixture into a spray and apply it to the mold and damp area.
- Start wiping the damp area with a dish sponge or a damp cloth.
- You can apply this method regularly from time to time to get rid of moisture completely.
5) Cat Litter
Did you know that cat litter has the ability to retain moisture? Thanks to this feature, you can completely get rid of the humidity in the rooms and bathrooms. Cat litter, which provides the humidity balance of the room by keeping moisture, will prevent your home from getting damp. Place cat litter in the corners of the room in small containers as a precaution. You can take a strong measure against moisture by changing the sand every week.
Carbonate, which you come across almost constantly in house cleaning, is in charge this time to give your home refreshment. You can prevent the formation of moisture by using baking soda. How Does?
- Place the baking soda in any corner of your home by pouring baking soda into small containers or small pouches.
- If you are going to use the pouch, make sure that it is in contact with the outside air.
- By using the moisture retention feature of baking soda, you will have taken a precaution against the formation of dampness in your home.
- It is the most economical solution for those living in hot regions and those living on low floors.
- If you want to have damp-free houses, you can try this method.
7) Anti-Moisture Tablet
When it comes to house cleaning, companies continue to produce countless products at great speed. One of these products will appear as a moisture removing tablet, which is a must for damp houses. You can get rid of dampness by placing these tablets in damp rooms. One of the features of these tablets is that they prevent the excessive amount of water in the room. In addition, it does not allow mold and rotting odors.