6 Easy Ways to Clean a Washing Machine
How to Clean Washing Machine?
Washing machine cleaning methods are among the practical information that should be known in every home where there is a washing machine. This white goods product, which is responsible for making your laundry clean, gets dirty from time to time due to the dust coming from the clothes. Although you think that it cleans itself during washing, in fact the parts of the washing machine that you cannot see will also need cleaning.
If you work in dusty environments and you wash your work clothes in the washing machine, we will ask you to take a look at the cover section after washing. You can easily see that the protective rubbers and the glass part with the cover are dusty. We rushed to your aid so that this dirt does not penetrate that area and always remains clean.
The limestone water in some cities can also affect the life of the washing machine. We are here with great information that will prevent the pipes and inner chamber from clogging due to limescale. Now we offer you effective practical methods to clean the washing machine and create a new familiar feeling. You should definitely check out this information!
6 Easy Ways to Clean a Washing Machine
1) Apple Cider Vinegar and Water
In a house where the washing machine is constantly running, it will be quite normal for it to get dirty inside after a short time. Because the dust and wool on the clothes may not go away in some short programs. This causes the boiler and rubber seal of the machine to become dirty. At such moments, you can clean the machine using apple cider vinegar and water. Here are the steps you need to do:
- Prepare a mixture of apple cider vinegar and water in the same measure in a bowl.
- We take this mixture with the help of a cloth and wipe the inside of the machine.
- For a more effective cleaning, try pouring this mixture into the interior of the machine and running it on a short program.
- During operation, the vinegar mixture will reach all the pipes and clean the dust formed in the machine with a big change.
- You can try this method once a month to prolong the life of the machine and use it more cleanly.
2) White Vinegar and Lemon Salt
There is probably no one who does not know that lemon salt is a descaling agent. It has the effect of removing calcification in the washing machine as well as solving the calcification experienced in water heaters. Of course, if you use it periodically. If you are wondering how to apply washing machine cleaning with vinegar and lemon salt, you can follow these steps:
- Mix two tablespoons of citric acid and a glass of white vinegar in a measuring cup.
- Let the lemon salt dissolve a little.
- Then add this mixture to the detergent part or interior of the machine.
- In the last step, run the washing machine on a hot program and witness these effective materials cleaning the machine.
- With this method once a month, you can provide the cleaning needed by the machine.
3) Carbonate and Vinegar
Washing machine cleaning will become even more effective with baking soda and vinegar. Day by day, everyone is learning about the cleaning feature of baking soda without damaging household items. Now you can clean the washing machine with baking soda. With its solvent effect, it can clean the lime and dust in the parts that you cannot see in the machine. The following steps are required to try:
- Pour baking soda into a large glass and add vinegar until the glass is full. You can choose white vinegar. If there are different types of vinegar at home, you can also clean them. After mixing the baking soda and vinegar, pour it into the inside of the machine. You can also add it to the detergent section if you wish.
- Then start the machine on a warm and short program. Programs that are too long can tire the washing machine. 1 hour of hot washing will suffice.
- You can apply this method after intensive washing or after washing heavily soiled clothes.
4) Dishwasher Tablet
- Recently, washing machine cleaning is also done with dishwashing tablets.
- Dishwasher tablets on the market have descaling, cleaning and polishing properties.
- The effect of these features on the washing machine also attracts a lot of attention.
- All you have to do is leave the dishwasher tablet you use at home in the tub of the washing machine and run the machine on a hot program.
- You should only try this operation when the machine is empty. Trying on clothes while they are on may damage your clothes.
Each part of the dishwasher will require cleaning. Its outer surface, detergent compartment and rubber seals begin to get dirty over time. For this, you can clean the machine with a few drops of bleach using a warm cloth. Before cleaning the washing machine, you can protect your hands by using gloves. And then:
- Mix a few drops of bleach and warm water in a bowl.
- Start the cleaning process by taking this water with a dish sponge or cleaning cloth.
- In particular, you can make the inside of the tire protectors cleaner with this method.
- You can use this practical knowledge whenever you want.
Bad odor may occur in the washing machine over time. Leaving the laundry in the interior for a long time with the door closed causes this odor. If you have been bothered by the odors in the tub of the washing machine lately, you can now clean this odor by using lemon.
- First, unplug the washing machine. Then open the lid and spin it one turn. If there are no items left, you can proceed for cleaning.
- Take 1 large lemon and cut it in half. Using the lemons you cut, wipe the drum part of the washing machine well. At this stage, lemon residues may remain, do not worry. All will be cleared afterward.
- After wiping the cauldron, also wipe the lid part and the tires with lemon. Especially tires are parts that trap odor. You can use more lemons here.
- Now move on to the detergent compartment and wipe the inside of the detergent drawer with lemon. In the last step, squeeze the juice of the remaining lemon into the detergent compartment and add 1 measure of powder detergent on it.
- In the last phase of the cleaning phase, run the machine on the shortest program and help the lemon residues dissolve.
- With this method, you can easily eliminate the bad odor in the machine. You can do weekly machine cleaning by applying it every week.