Which Vegetables and Fruits to Eat in March
As winter slowly moves away from the houses, it leaves behind brand new fruits and vegetables. Thanks to the vegetables and fruits that color the aisles in spring; The best environment for a healthier diet is being prepared. The pouring rains, the sun rising above; It helps to bring fresh food to our home.
Which Vegetables and Fruits to Eat in March?
- Native Banana
- Red beet
- broad beans
Just when March is about to come, a question that needs to be answered will come to mind for those who cook at home. What are the fruits and vegetables of March? What dishes are prepared with March fruits and vegetables? Thanks to this article, where you will learn about the healthy foods that March brings to your kitchen, you can feel better. It’s time to take advantage of the blessings of March without losing its vitamins and minerals!
Which Vegetables and Fruits to Eat in March?
- Orange, one of the most popular fruits of the winter months, brings healing to the homes where it is consumed thanks to its vitamin C.
- The fruit and peel of the orange are used in a variety of recipes. Orange, which is preferred as fruit juice, jam, and dry snack, is one of the most popular fruits of March.
- You can consume plenty of oranges before the end of March to protect your body and stay away from infectious diseases.
- The apple, which is very rich in dietary fibers, is one of the fruits that are consumed most efficiently, especially in March.
- Thanks to the minerals found in the peel and inside of the apple, it has become a medicine for many diseases.
- Antioxidant minerals, vitamin C, and calcium from apples will help you feel better.
3) Local Banana
- In our country, local bananas are consumed frequently in March. The local banana, which has started to ripen in the Mediterranean provinces, should be consumed before the end of winter.
- Thanks to the local bananas you will get when the season is here, you will get potassium and fiber in your body.
- Banana is recommended to be consumed at any age due to its effect on brain and muscle development.
- Lemon, which is a panacea, shows its most juicy and delicious state in March.
- You can prepare yourself for summer by consuming plenty of lemons in March.
- Thanks to its antioxidant effect, it accelerates the removal of toxins.
- You can consume lemon by adding it to both healthy recipes and delicious dessert recipes.
- The month of March, which is the perfect time for fresh rosemary, is a period that those who love this plant await.
- Rosemary has a high effect of clearing infection, protecting oral health, preventing cancer and strengthening immunity.
- Fresh rosemary lovers can support their immune system by obtaining this healthy herb from grocery stores in March.
- If you can’t get rid of various diseases such as urinary tract infection, constipation, stomach cramps, you should meet cress, one of the favorite vegetables of March.
- Cress added to every meal and consumed with flavor strengthens the body’s defense system.
- You can add butter to your salads and breakfast plates and benefit from the vitamins in their structure
- Leek, one of the fiber sources, is a sought-after vegetable in olive oil dishes.
- You can buy this useful vegetable, which you can often see in grocery stores in March, and store it in the deep freezer.
- You can protect your cardiovascular health by consuming leeks.
- In addition, thanks to this healing vegetable, your weight loss process will become easier.
- Celery, which has very important tasks such as protecting the heart, relieving the kidneys, and regulating general body health, is one of the most popular vegetables of Mediterranean cuisine.
- It is a healthy alternative for those who think about what to eat and cook when March comes.
- You can consume celery as a salad with yogurt or as a juicy meal with potatoes.
- Celery, which adapts to many recipes, is on the counter in March for your health!
- Spinach with a high iron content is the most delicious ingredient in recipes that are more appetizing than the other.
- It is a vegetable full of Vitamin C, Iron, high antioxidants.
- It is recommended to be consumed frequently in March.
- To consume spinach outside of March, you can buy it during this period, clean and chop it and store it in the deep freezer.
- So you can prepare meals containing iron throughout the year.
- Artichoke, which is recommended to prevent liver diseases, is abundant in March in fresh form.
- Canned artichokes are consumed out of season.
- If you bought a lot of artichokes in March; You can store it in the deep freezer.
- This vegetable has important effects such as cleansing the liver, eliminating infection and relaxing the veins.
11) Red Beets
- Beetroot, a powerful antioxidant vegetable, is loved by many for its color and taste.
- You can boil this vegetable or eat it raw.
- Red beet, which gives color and flavor to fit recipes, is a complete cancer enemy.
- Beetroot, which fights free radicals, also keeps bacteria and viruses away from the body.
- In the last days of winter, you can often see cauliflower in greengrocer aisles.
- Consuming cauliflower at the end of February and the beginning of March will prepare you for summer.
- Thanks to this vegetable, which has a diuretic effect, potassium and vitamin C that the body needs are also taken.
- You can prepare low-calorie meals by adapting cauliflower to many delicious recipes.
- Cabbage is one of the healing vegetables of the winter season.
- It cures many ailments both when consumed and when used in herbal treatment methods.
- Cabbage leaves are recommended for the mastitis problem experienced by many mothers after giving birth.
- When you consume recipes that include cabbage, you can find low-calorie dishes that make you lose weight.
- Bean, which prevents respiratory disease, undertakes the task of balancing the cholesterol level.
- Before the end of March, you can host this useful vegetable in your kitchen.
- Broad bean is skin-friendly and protective of the immune system; It also helps to clean the kidneys.
- It is known as a vegetable with high protein content.
- It is recommended to consume broad beans to improve muscle and bone health.