Taurine: The Energizing Miracle Amino Acid
Many amino acids are found in the skeletal system of the body. One of the amino acids found is taurine. Taurine has been frequently mentioned in recent days. Taurine is included in the diet of athletes and is important for muscle development.
Would you like to know more about taurine, which is responsible for the adequate functioning of body functions and the protection of the health of the organs? If the answers are yes, you can start reading the article right away.
What is Taurine?
- If you’re wondering what taurine is, it’s known as a type of amino acid found in the brain, retina, and heart.
- In order for vital activities to continue, taurine must be taken.
- It helps minerals such as calcium, magnesium and potassium do their job better.
- Taurine was first obtained from the gall bladder of a bull in 1827. As a result of the researches, it has been observed that it also takes place in the human body.
- Taurine is produced by the human body.
- Researchers called taurine the miracle molecule. Because this substance is a store of energy.
- Produced regularly by the body, taurine is sometimes also supplied from food.
- Taurine is often found in energy drinks. Taurine, which is not harmful when consumed in a certain dose, harms the body in excessive consumption.
- When the supplements consumed by the athletes are examined, the taurine raw material draws attention. Taurine is present in some energy supplements.
- As a result of their deep research, expectant mothers learned what the contents of the food are.
- Foods containing taurine are available in the food aisle of the markets. It is recommended to be fed with formula under the supervision of a doctor.
So, What Does Taurine Do?
- Taurine ensures the regulation of minerals inside the cell.
- It purifies the body thanks to its antioxidant effect.
- It establishes the electrolyte balance in the cell.
- Calcium supplements are given to athletes.
- It plays a role in the regulation of the digestive system.
- Taurine, which has the task of protecting heart health, also balances blood pressure.
What Are the Benefits of Taurine?
1) Strengthens Muscles
- When the benefits of taurine are examined, it is remarkable that it strengthens the muscles.
- Taurine, which supports muscle development, helps the skeletal system to be stronger.
- If you want to live a life away from muscle diseases; You should maintain the taurine ratio in your body.
2) Balances Cholesterol
- When you do not take enough taurine according to your biological characteristics, you experience fluctuations in cholesterol level.
- It is recommended to add foods containing taurine to your diet to balance cholesterol.
- In order to reduce the bad cholesterol level and to have a healthy body, you should pay attention to eating foods containing taurine.
3) Supports Brain Functions
- Taurine is a type of amino acid found in the brain. It is important for brain functions.
- You should pay attention to the intake of taurine in order to prevent distraction and sleep disturbance.
- Taurine should be taken in moderate amounts to avoid brain damage and diseases.
4) Protects Bone Health
- Taurine is an amino acid that maintains the health of bones.
- It has the task of quickly healing problems such as injuries, fractures and cracks in the bones.
- If you want to heal a bone damage in a short time, you should take care to consume foods containing taurine regularly.
5) Energizes the Body
- When the content of energy drinks is examined, taurine amino acids are observed.
- Taurine has the task of giving energy to the body. Taurine should be taken before sports to show higher performance.
- Taurine can be taken from foods as well as many beverages.
Taurine Harms and Side Effects
Taurine is found in foods and supplements are made when necessary. It is necessary to be sensitive when taking taurine supplements. Because sometimes taurine damages and side effects may occur. The side effects of taurine are expressed as follows:
- Taurine is not a harmful substance by itself. If it is included in drinks, it becomes harmful.
- When energy drinks or cold drinks are consumed, taurine is taken. Such drinks contain high calories because they contain acid, gas and sugar.
- Since energy drinks containing taurine are high in calories, they quickly raise blood sugar. It causes weight gain when consumed continuously.
- If you have stomach problems, you should take taurine in moderation.
- Taurine supplementation should be taken when recommended by a specialist. Taurine supplementation should not exceed 3 grams per day.
Foods Containing Taurine – What Is It In It?
Wondering what foods contain taurine ? Here is the list of foods that you can get taurine when you consume it in moderation!
- Red meat