Oxytocin: 7 Natural Foods That Increase Oxytocin Hormone
Oxytocin is popularly known as the “love hormone” and “love hormone”. This hormone, which is naturally secreted in our body, has an important role in our mood and relationships. It is also very effective on our reproductive, sexual, birth and maternal instincts.
So what is this oxytocin? How does it affect our lives, which foods increase the release of oxytocin? All this and more in this article…
What is Oxytocin?
- Oxytocin hormone; It is also known by the names of love, love and happiness hormone.
- It is a female hormone and is secreted in the hypothalamus region of the brain, posterior to the pituitary gland.
- What makes our lives beautiful and women happy; It is the main source of emotions such as love, affection, happiness, loyalty and commitment.
- This hormone; It strengthens social relations, creates a sense of trust, develops loyalty, increases sexual pleasure, reveals feelings of pleasure and love, eliminates tension, reduces stress, facilitates childbirth, helps breastfeeding, plays an important role in the secure attachment between mother and baby.
- It lowers blood pressure and makes the person relax.
- It helps reproduction.
- It supports growth and healing.
- It has anti-inflammatory properties. It fights acute and chronic inflammation in the body. It prevents the development of autoimmune diseases caused by chronic inflammation. In addition, thanks to this feature, it allows wounds to heal in a shorter time.
- It has an important role in important points of life such as sexual intercourse, fertilization, formation of maternal instinct, birth and breastfeeding.
- It regulates the contractions of the uterus at the time of birth. These contractions make it easier to push the baby, that is, to give birth.
- One of the most important properties of oxytocin is that it raises the pain threshold. This feature is one of the factors that facilitate childbirth.
- Studies have shown that women with high oxytocin levels give birth more easily with an increase in their pain threshold.
- The hormone oxytocin plays an important role not only in childbirth but also in the breastfeeding process. It allows the milk to pass through the channels and reach the nipple.
- Oxytocin, which facilitates birth, is also effective in the formation and development of the bond between the baby and the mother.
- Thanks to this hormone, women can endure the difficulties of raising a baby, love and protect their babies under all conditions and conditions.
- While oxytocin acts as a hormone in the bloodstream, it acts as a messenger known as a neurotransmitter in the central nervous system.
- Is it possible to increase oxytocin? Yes it is possible! Some foods have a direct effect on the secretion of the hormone oxytocin.
- However, many factors, especially smell, sound and touch, can cause the secretion of oxytocin hormone. This hormone is secreted as we touch, desire, hug and receive love.
Behavioral factors that increase oxytocin release can be summarized as follows:
- Fall in love
- Engaging in fun social activities
- To exercise
- getting a massage
- to dream
- do good to others
- feeding a pet
7 Natural Foods That Increase Oxytocin Hormone
Oxytocin deficiency causes problems such as unhappiness, anxiety, and disharmony. Some foods can support the secretion of the hormone oxytocin. What are the foods containing oxytocin , let’s see together!
1) Foods Containing A and B Group Vitamins
- Studies have shown that foods containing vitamins A, B1, B2, B6 and D trigger the hormone oxytocin.
- To increase oxytocin, you can make more room in your diet for foods such as carrots, fish, dairy products, spinach, leeks and parsley.
2) Regular Water Consumption
- Water, which is vital for our body, also increases the hormone oxytocin.
- For a happy, calm and peaceful life, do not forget to drink 8 glasses of water a day.
3) Fresh Fruits and Vegetables
- When we look at what oxytocin is found in , we always come across healthy foods. Fruits and vegetables, which are indispensable for our body health, also significantly affect our mood and social relations.
- You can increase your oxytocin level by giving more place to all kinds of fruits, especially bananas, and gut-friendly vegetables in your diet.
4) Foods Containing Protein
- Protein-rich foods such as eggs, milk and dairy products, red meat, fish, chicken and turkey, lentils, chickpeas, beans, soybeans, peanut butter, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, peas and quinoa are the right choices to increase the release of oxytocin hormone. .
- It is an extremely healthy food thanks to the high amount of protein in the egg, as well as vitamins, minerals and beneficial oils.
- Eating just one egg a day can make you feel better by increasing the level of oxytocin.
5) Hot Red Pepper
- Increase your oxytocin level thanks to the capsaicin substance in the hot pepper content.
- You can try to include more hot red pepper in your diet to feel calmer and happier.
6) Foods Containing Omega 3
- When it comes to omega 3, the first thing that comes to mind is fish. Yes, fish is a good source of omega 3.
- However, foods such as olives, olive oil and walnuts are also very rich in omega 3.
- Studies have shown that regular consumption of omega 3 source foods increases the level of oxytocin hormone.
- Another food group that increases the level of oxytocin in the body is grains.
- If you are experiencing problems such as depression, unhappiness, incompatibility, you can increase your oxytocin hormone level with grains such as barley, wheat and rye.