The Glycemic Index Diet: Healthy, Easy Weight Loss
Foods with a low glycemic index are often recommended in healthy diet lists. The glycemic index is the rate at which foods containing carbohydrates affect blood sugar. If you consume foods with a high glycemic index, your blood sugar will rise in a very short time and various side effects will be felt. For this reason, experts recommend adding foods with a low glycemic index to your meals. They recommend that you eat fewer calories, with a greater feeling of fullness.
Foods with a low glycemic index are digested slowly and provide satiety for a long time. Since the glycemic index of foods will be different from each other, experts give all foods a score between 1 and 100. Foods approaching 100 are known as foods that threaten your health closely.
If we give an example of foods with high glycemic index; white bread, corn, potatoes, pasta and bananas may come to mind. Foods with a low glycemic index would be oats, milk, peas, chickpeas and carrots.
A glycemic index diet is recommended for a measured and healthy diet. If you are having trouble losing weight and need a diet list to protect your health, we will present you a glycemic index diet list.
The glycemic index diet is known as the easy way to lose weight in a healthy way and is applied by many people. If you can’t wait to see the missing numbers on the scale, we recommend that you read this article as soon as possible. Because in these lines, curious questions about the glycemic index diet were answered.
What is the Glycemic Index Diet?
- The glycemic index diet has been brought to the agenda by experts such as Osman Müftüoğlu.
- The purpose of this diet is to balance blood sugar and prevent it from rising.
- High blood sugar is a condition that frightens diabetics. To keep blood sugar at an ideal level, foods with a low glycemic index should be consumed.
- The glycemic index diet is also a nutritional program made with low-calorie foods.
- You can apply the glycemic index diet to lose weight. If you have diabetes, you can also try to control this disease.
- If you feel sleepy after eating, think that the food is heavy, and you have a weight loss problem, you can feel better by applying the glycemic index diet.
- You can prepare a glycemic index diet sample menu for yourself by getting support from an expert.
Weekday Nutrition Menu
- Morning: 30 g whole grain cereal + 1 tbs milk + 1 portion of fruit + A pinch of cinnamon
- Snack: 1 box of yogurt
- Lunch: Between 2 slices of whole grain bread, 100 g of drained tuna or fresh fish + 1 glass of salad (1 teaspoon of olive oil and 1 slice of cheese)
- Snack: 1 portion of fruit + 30 gr raw almonds and walnuts mixed
- Dinner: 100 g red meat + half a glass of cooked basmati rice or bulgur, 2 glasses of cooked mixed vegetables (cabbage, carrot, mushroom, pepper, etc.) (to be cooked with 1 teaspoon of olive oil)
Weekend Nutrition Menu
- Morning: Omelet from 2 eggs (1 slice (20g) of semi-skimmed cheese, tomato and mushroom) (with 1 teaspoon of oil) + 2 slices of multigrain bread + 1 small latte or cappuccino
- Lunch: Meat noodle salad (100 g meat, half a glass of cooked noodles, 2 glasses of salad (tomato, cucumber, arugula, carrot, bean sprouts, etc.) + 1 box of yogurt + 150 g of red fruit (blackberry, raspberry, blueberry, etc.). )
- Dinner: Chicken or turkey sautéed with vegetables (100 g chicken breast, 2 glasses of cooked vegetables (mushrooms, carrots, broccoli) (with 1 teaspoon of olive oil) + half a glass of cooked couscous + 150 g of fresh fruit
- Reward Meal: A smuggling right not exceeding 1 tea glass during the day.
How is the Glycemic Index Diet Made?
Paying attention to some issues while doing a glycemic index diet will make it easier for you to lose weight. See, what tricks do nutritionists recommend?
- While following this diet, learning the glycemic index of foods will make your job easier.
- When changing between foods, if you prefer those with a low glycemic index , your diet process will proceed in a healthier way.
- Never neglect water consumption during the diet period. If you want to lose weight, especially on hot days, water will be like medicine for you.
- Since white bread and white flour foods have a high glycemic index, it is recommended to stay away from such foods.
- It is recommended that diabetics consult their doctor before trying the diet.
- If your blood sugar is too low, you should get approval from your doctor before starting the diet.
- Being active in the process of doing the glycemic index diet will be beneficial for your health.
- The recommended meals in the glycemic index diet are 3 main and 3 snacks . Light and satisfying foods should be preferred for snacks.
- You should avoid ready-made, packaged, processed foods as they have a high glycemic index.
- During the diet period, it is recommended to eat light in the evening and hearty in the morning and lunch.