Non-Surgical Skin Care Guide
As your body ages, wrinkles and sagging or loose skin occur. Skin loses its capacity to create elastin and collagen, two proteins that contribute to the suppleness and firmness of your skin. While surgery is the obvious choice, there are many innovative treatments for skin care that are being backed by scientists and experts alike. In addition, a healthy diet is as important as ever for skin care. These are the points to be covered in this article.
Non-Surgical Skin Tightening Techniques
Skin tightening techniques are cosmetic procedures used to improve the appearance of the skin especially around the face and stomach. These treatments rely on cutting-edge technology. That means further research is needed to see how effective they are and what long-term side effects they may have. Here are some of the innovative techniques proving popular right now.
Thermotherapy Radiofrequency (RF)
A small handheld device is used in RF treatment to transfer heat into your skin to stimulate collagen formation. The epidermis, or outer layer of your skin, is targeted by radiofrequency. It can be used to treat the face, neck, torso, and hands, according to the FDA. To treat deeper layers of skin, RF treatments can be combined with microneedling. In any scenario, the effects are slow.
While many people experience effects after just one RF treatment, it can take anywhere from two to six treatments to obtain the desired outcomes. With the appropriate skincare routine, results can endure up to three years.
Ultrasound Skin Tightening
Skin tightening with ultrasound is one of the most widely accepted techniques for skin treatment. Heat is sent deep into your skin, up to 5 millimeters below the surface, using a micro-focused ultrasound. This helps to tighten and lift skin on the face, neck, and upper chest, eliminating wrinkles. It may take up to 6 months for the results of your ultrasound therapy to manifest, but they may be noticeable after just one treatment.
Ultrasound waves go to a certain depth and heat up the area they pass through. As a result, collagen formation is induced, resulting in tighter skin. The safe and successful use of ultrasonic energy for Wrinkle Reduction is well established. It’s best for proactive people who seek treatment for indicators of aging as soon as they appear. The treatment takes around 30-90 minutes and there is no downtime.
Sofwave is one of the newest FDA-approved ultrasound skin tightening treatments, and it’s gaining a lot of attention due to its unique properties. It’s non-invasive, causes little to no discomfort, requires no downtime, and just one treatment is required to see results.
Light Based Treatments
Laser treatment. Handheld lasers are used to inject heat deep into the skin, shattering the epidermis and allowing the underlying dermis to be reached. Laser treatments have been shown to be especially effective on the skin of the stomach and upper arms. The majority of people undergo three to five treatments.
Intense Pulsed Light (IPL). The deep layers of your skin are exposed to a variety of wavelengths of light. Multiple treatments are usually required. IPL is frequently used in conjunction with radiofrequency. The doctor can target deeper layers of your skin with the RF treatment. They can treat a larger area of skin and a wider range of skin disorders using the IPL. For people with tanned or darker skin, IPL treatments are usually not suggested.
Healthy Diet For Skin Care
Another research-backed strategy to increase human longevity is to eat a balanced diet. Fruits and veggies, legumes, nuts and seeds, whole grains, herbs and spices, and tea are all examples of healthy foods. These foods are nutrient-dense, research-backed, accessible, flexible, and appealing. Here are some of the best anti-aging foods.
- Tomatoes are one of the richest sources of lycopene, an anti-aging antioxidant that may also help to reduce heart disease. In addition, some studies suggest that when lycopene is cooked, it is more easily absorbed by the body.
- Oatmeal has a low glycemic index, which is a scale that ranks foods high in carbs by how much they raise blood sugar levels. Low-glycemic choices provide a more gradual and consistent rise and fall, which is preferable.
- Cinnamon is an excellent spice for boosting circulation and blood flow, which helps to provide oxygen and nutrients to the skin. Cinnamon has also been proven in several studies to help stabilize and control blood sugar levels.
- Avocados are a fantastic moisturizer for dry skin. Avocados contain high levels of healthy oils and vitamin E, which provide the building blocks for healthy skin cell function. They may also help improve barrier function and hydration.
- Sardines are abundant in Vitamin B12 and selenium. B12 plays an important function in skin cell development, and a deficiency of the vitamin can lead to dry, uneven skin. Selenium is required for your body to manufacture glutathione, an antioxidant that aids the skin’s barrier function. Finally, sardines are high in phosphorus, protein, vitamin D, and omega-3 fatty acids, all of which are essential for maintaining healthy skin.
These techniques are significantly less intrusive than surgical procedures such as facelifts and tummy tucks, they can achieve similar results. There are fewer risks of complications, it is less expensive, and recovery is straightforward. Also, many anti aging foods have nutritional value, as well as evidence to back up their involvement in illness prevention and health promotion.