How to Plant Parsley? 6 Steps
Parsley, which is used in many ways in the kitchen, is a plant that is very easy to grow. Parsley, which is rich in vitamins C and antioxidant substances, is a vegetable that can be grown in pots and in the home environment. When the necessary environment for parsley cultivation is prepared, you can collect the first branches after a few weeks.
If you are interested in growing plants at home, if you want to grow your own vegetables, our article on this page will be very useful for you. In this article, where many questions about growing parsley are answered, those who want to grow parsley at home will reach the tricks.
You can start reading our article to solve the question of how to grow parsley in your mind as soon as possible and to grow fresh parsley in the home environment.
Necessary Materials for Growing Parsley
In order to answer the question of how to plant parsley, first of all, it is necessary to prepare the planting and planting materials. Here is the list of necessary hardware you need:
- Rectangular flower pot or wide hollow flower pot
- Spray bottle and water
- parsley seed
- mineral-rich soil
When to Plant Parsley?
- For those who say how to plant parsley seeds; First of all, we need to express that the season is important.
- Parsley is not productive during the colder months. If it is planted in the ground during cold winter days, its growth is not guaranteed.
- The parsley plant likes mild weather. For this reason, after the spring season comes, you can plant parsley seeds in the soil whenever you want.
- Seeds planted after November may not withstand cold winter conditions. Therefore, it is recommended to plant from March.
How to Plant and Grow Parsley at Home in 6 Steps?
1) Prepare Parsley Seed
- To grow parsley at home, you first need to buy quality parsley seeds.
- Seeds taken according to the preferred type of parsley are prepared for growing in pots at home.
- You should pay attention to the quality of the seeds. If the seeds are ready, let’s prepare the soil now
2) Add Soil to the Pot
- The parsley plant loves mineral-rich soil. Therefore, you should pay attention to the content of the soil you will buy.
- First, fill half of the pot you will use with soil.
- Make sure the soil is loose. Do not compact the soil with any tool.
3) Place Parsley Seeds in Soil
- Now it’s time to plant the parsley seeds: place each seed in the soil 5 cm apart.
- If your flowerpot is a rectangular flowerpot; You can stack the seeds side by side. You should take care to leave 1 finger space between each seed.
4) Cover the Seeds with Soil
- Cover the planted seeds with soil enough to exceed 10 cm.
- If you leave the soil from above, you will prevent the seeds from getting stuck.
- Do not forget to cover the entire surface of the pot with soil.
5) Give Life Water
- You should give life water to the seeds planted in the pot. It is recommended to give water with a spray bottle at first.
- If you give water with a measuring cup, there is a possibility of giving too much water.
- It will be better to use a spray bottle so as not to rot the soil.
- By spraying water on the entire surface of the soil with a spray bottle, you will give the first water.
6) Wait for Harvest Time
- The planted parsley seeds will need some time to grow.
- Wait for the branches to stretch and grow to collect the parsley.
- Prune the outgrown branches with scissors once in 10 days.
- If you prune too long, the growing parsley leaves will become stiff and turn yellow.
Tips for Growing Parsley
- It is recommended that the environment where you will grow parsley should be at a temperature of 20 degrees. This temperature is ideal for plant growth.
- If you choose a deep pot, the roots of parsley will cling to the ground strongly. In this way, the life of the parsley will be longer.
- Parsley should stay in moist soil. Therefore, check the soil frequently and irrigate.
- The position of the pot is also important for yield. Faster growth occurs in the pot that remains in the sun-exposed place during the day. However, you should not leave it in the sun for too long.
- If you have planted parsley in a large area, weeds may grow in the soil. It is recommended to remove these weeds from time to time. Otherwise, it will reduce the quality of the parsley.
- Parsley planted according to the weather conditions comes to the stage of collection after 4 weeks at the latest. Do not forget that there is a waiting period of 4 weeks after sowing the seed.