How to consume guatila to lose weight?
Its caloric intake is barely 20 calories per 100 grams of product.
The guatila or also called cidra and chayote has a series of properties that can be favorable for health in general. In fact, it is a very popular plant for weight loss, since it has digestive, diuretic and glycemic control properties.
Specifically, the guatila and its seed is rich in amino acids and vitamin C, in addition, it is anti-inflammatory, ideal for losing fluids accumulated in the body, especially when you start to exercise and even then the annoying “fatties” do not go away. the rest, according to the wellness portal DimeBeneficios.
Even, its caloric intake is barely 20 calories per 100 grams of product, according to the nutrient database of the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA).It also contains very little fat and has a high percentage of water. More than 94 grams per 100 of total weight.
On the other hand, it can also maintain the health of the skin, nails, and hair, regenerates cells, is a great pain reliever, maintains heart rate, prevents flu, and decreases heartburn, according to the CurayBienestar health portal.
Benefits of guatila to lose weight
- Its consumption makes you feel satiety with a smaller amount of food, preventing people from consuming larger amounts of unhealthy food.
For the cardiovascular system
- This property is due to the high content of antioxidants, these promote better blood circulation by preventing cholesterol from clogging the walls of blood vessels. According to studies, the Guatila has the ability to regulate the heart rate.
- It contributes to the normal movement of fluids in our body and prevents their accumulation, a situation that makes us feel fat and bloated. Promotes the health of the urinary system and helps us eliminate toxins.
Regulates cholesterol levels
- It has the ability to reduce cholesterol levels due to its fiber content.
Regulates blood glucose
- Thanks to its fiber content, antioxidants and phenolic compounds, it can regulate blood glucose levels. It is ideal for those with diabetes.
Source of vitamin C
- According to studies carried out, vitamin C contributes to the metabolism of fats and can cause weight loss of up to 2.5 kg in 6 weeks. This vitamin also facilitates the absorption of minerals and vitamins.
Guatila and pineapple juice to lose weight
- 2 gloves.
- 1/2 cup of grapefruit juice.
- 1/2 cup of water.
- 1 slice of pineapple.
- Wash the guatila preferably, leave the skin, cut them into pieces and put them in the blender, add the grapefruit juice, but if you can’t get it, you can replace it with lemon juice.
- Cut the pineapple into cubes, add it to the blender, add the water and beat until a homogeneous mixture is obtained.
- Later, serve it in two glasses, drink as soon as it is ready, preferably 20 minutes before eating something solid.
- It is recommended to take this juice preferably on an empty stomach, without abusing it and as long as people do not have a chronic health condition such as diabetes, which is why it is essential to consult a doctor before taking it.
- It is essential to accompany this juice with a balanced diet, regular exercise (at least 30-minute walks 5 days a week) and a healthy lifestyle.