5 fruits to purify the kidneys
When you have kidney or liver problems, the best treatment is food.
Generally, kidney pain is very often caused by an infection in the organ or a stone in the ducts that come out of it.
Specifically, it is felt on one side, which is the area on each side of the spine between the lower part of the ribcage and the hips. It usually occurs on one side of the body, but it can occur on both, according to health magazine HealthLine.
Kidney pain is classified according to how strong it is: as severe or mild. While a kidney stone usually causes severe pain, pain from an infection is usually mild.
When it comes to combating kidney pain, it is important to determine the origin of this symptom. Pain on the sides or in the center of the upper back can come from the kidneys. However, this is not always the sign of a serious problem, according to information published in the American Kidney Fund.
According to a study published by The National Institute of Health, United States, when you have kidney or liver problems, the best treatment is usually food, since medications often make the situation worse.
Fortunately, there are a number of fruit-based remedies that can contribute to kidney health, somehow helping to relieve localized pain in this area and at the same time cleanse the kidneys.
Pineapple and strawberry juice
- 1 cup of strawberries (200 g).
- 2 or 3 slices of pineapple.
- Wash the strawberries well and remove the stem. Cut in half, or in quarters, depending on the size.
- Cut two or three pineapple slices and peel them. Then chop.
- Put everything in the blender glass, mix and drink.
Lemon and watermelon juice
- 2 cups of watermelon cut into cubes (300 g).
- The juice of 1 lemon.
- Cut the watermelon into cubes and remove the skin.
- Squeeze the lemon.
- Place the two ingredients in the blender glass and mix well.
- Drink immediately (if desired, add a few ice cubes).
It is considered that, due to its content of antioxidants and vitamin C, the consumption of blueberries (naturally or in drinks) could help detoxify the kidneys.
- 1 cup of blueberries (250 ml).
- ½ cup of water (125 ml).
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (15 ml).
- Wash the blueberries.
- Process until a homogeneous mixture is formed.
- Drink at the moment
Watermelon and basil juice
- 4 cups of fresh watermelon.
- A handful of fresh basil leaves
- Put the watermelon in the blender and beat it until it is liquid. The same can also be done using a blender.
- If you want more liquid you can add a little water.
- Garnish with the basil leaves.
- Drink at the moment
Apple and parsley juice
According to experts from the Spanish Nutrition Foundation, this drink contains protein, fiber, calcium, iron, potassium, vitamin A, folates, thiamine and flavonoids, which could contribute to kidney health.
- 1 cup of fresh parsley.
- 1 green apple.
- The juice of ½ lemon.
- 1 piece of fresh ginger.
- Put all the ingredients in the blender and process for a couple of minutes or until everything is well integrated.
- Serve without straining and drink.