Grass Types, Names: Which Grass Is Good for What
Types of Medicinal Herbs: The Healing Power of Nature
Herbal herb varieties, which have been used in many tables among the people for centuries, are also used in traditional and modern medicine to heal various diseases. In order to learn the healing power of nature, it is important to use plants correctly and to consume them at the right time.
Medicinal plant varieties have an important place in our traditions and history. So much so that even songs about medicinal plant varieties and their names were made.
Herbs in our country, which is rich in plant diversity, are valuable in terms of continuing their traditional uses and transferring them to the next generation, as they lose their value and awareness as migration from villages to cities increases.
Types of Medicinal Herbs and Their Names
Although the names of grass varieties in nature change locally, their uses are almost the same. You can easily access short information in the list of medicinal herbs we will provide. The most important types of herbs that have been gifted to humanity in thousands of varieties for a healthy life and their benefits are briefly as follows:
- Black Cohosh: It is an herb used for the treatment of hot flashes and menopause.
- Wild Yams: It is an essential plant in hormone treatments with the effect of estrogen.
- Lion Tail: It is used in the treatment of depression with its sedative and narcotic effect.
- Sage: Due to its benefits to the skin, it is used in the content of various cosmetic materials in the modern world. Sage, which is among the healing plants, is burned to clear bad energy from past to present and its smoke is circulated in areas such as incense.
- Blue Verbena: It has regenerative and healing effects on the liver and other organs.
- Ginseng: Used in central nervous system diseases and anti-aging drugs, ginseng has been known for centuries.
- Hawthorn: Hawthorn , which is a good therapeutic against cholesterol, heart rhythm disorders and various heart diseases, is a very useful plant from the rose family.
- Dandelion: Dandelion, a powerful plant against infectious diseases and cancer, is a very rich source of beta-carotene.
- Hayıt: Hayıt, which is a cure for all kinds of problems such as infertility, anemia, prostate, and menstrual irregularity, is from the family of minegiller.
- Ginger: Ginger , which is an excellent plant in the treatment of upper respiratory tract infections and as an immune booster, is used in almost every country independently of modern medicine.
- Stinging Nettle: Nettle, which is very effective against the circulatory system and skin problems, is one of the plants that grow spontaneously in nature.
- Thyme: Thyme , which is among the most healing herbs, is consumed in different varieties as spice, tea and thyme juice. The high vitamins and minerals contained in thyme, which benefit the whole body, even have a protective effect against cancer.
- Lion’s Claw: Lion’s claw, which grows in humid areas, is very useful for tissues that are difficult to close after surgery and for strengthening the muscles, but it is effective against many female diseases.
- Black Cumin: Black cumin , the benefits of which have been proven by many researchers, helps cells to eliminate numerous diseases from the moment it enters the body.
Aegean Herb Varieties
In the Aegean region, especially Alaçatı herb varieties are quite famous. Medicinal herb cultivation is also common in this region. Here are 20 plant varieties and their benefits that those who come to the Aegean should definitely try:
- Cibes Grass: Cibes Grass, which is from the cruciferous family, provides benefits against digestive system disorders.
- Bamboo: Bamboo grass, which is from the nightshade family, is used especially against dental diseases.
- Crocus: It is essential to know the type that is good for constipation, as crocus grass, which is a lily family, can have poisonous species.
- Iskin: Light herb, which is from the lamb’s ear family and is called highland banana, is very useful for the treatment of cancer.
- Labada: The labada plant from the buckwheat family, which grows in wet places, is a blood purifier and curative for skin diseases.
- Madımak: A member of the lamb’s ear family, madımak is a powerful antioxidant as well as a digestive system regulator.
- Purslane: Although it is a complete healing store, it is used in many diet lists.
- Şevketi Bostan: Şevketi Boston, which is from the Papatyagiller family, has healing values especially in kidney diseases.
- Sea cowpea: Sea cowpea, which is from the Spinachaceae family, is a plant that grows in the Aegean and is consumed quite frequently.
- Tangle: Tangle, which is from the nettle family, is known as the wild form of fennel and is effective against the nervous system.
- Radish Grass: Radish grass, which grows in acidic soils, is usually consumed with lemon and used as a strong medicine against infectious diseases.
- Mustard Grass: Mustard grass, which is from the cruciferous family, is an effective herb against indigestion.
- Crowbar: The crowbar plant, which is a visually beautiful and resistant plant, is used as a worm reducer in children.
- Dandelion / Radica: Radica plant, which is rich in vitamins A and C, has immune-boosting effects.
- Wild Leek: Wild leek, especially used against the digestive system, usually grows wild in hot climates.
- Mallow: Mallow, which is good for pain, is one of the edible flowering plants.
- Borage/Kaldırık: Limestone, which is good for both cancer and digestive diseases with its blue-flowered structure, grows spontaneously in nature.
- Rock Wood: Having a sour and sweet taste, rock wood is known to benefit gallbladder diseases.
- Sweet Ivy: The herb known as sweet ivy or foxglove, which is used as an antidote to many diseases, is also known to be used against allergic disorders.
- Zahter: Zahter , which belongs to Ottoman culture and is a Mediterranean climate plant, strengthens the nerves and at the same time allows open wounds to heal quickly.
Prickly Grass Varieties
- Among the medicinal herbs, there are those that can be grown even at home, as well as medicinal wild herbs.
- Cooking and drinking the water of many thorny herbs such as thistle, mullet, may thorn, Georgian grass (zimilaç) provides benefits to the person.
- There are varieties such as Şevketi Boston, helvacık grass, milk grass, horse chestnut, balsam grass, blackberry, hawthorn and thorn grass .
- The thorny herbs are generally preferred to be used as tea.
- The collection and sorting of thorny grasses, which are mostly used as dry grass varieties among the people, is more difficult than the others.
Types of Herbs and Their Benefits: Which Grass Is Good for What?
There are many weed varieties that grow on the soil of our country and that many of them are unaware of. In order for the use of plants to be beneficial, it is important to know whether they should be consumed raw, cooked, brewed or kept waiting. If you want to learn about the types of herbs and their benefits, this section of our article is for you!
The most important list of herbs that heal many diseases:
- Anise: Anise, which is good for heartburn and stomach pain, is also useful for vascular occlusion with its relaxing effects.
- Blackberry: The leaves, which are boiled and smoked together with the fruit, function as an anti-inflammatory.
- Camel Sole: Boiling the flowers and drinking the water is known to give strength to the body and relieve various pains.
- Toothgrass: A plant with dark green leaves, tooth grass is effective for both toothache and tongue sores.
- Basil: Basil, which is used in making essential oils with its scent, is mostly used as an appetizer and indigestion reliever.
- Nettle: This plant, which itches when it touches the body, is one of the medicinal plants that has the power to create a cure for paralyzed patients.
- Mint: Mint , which is a different plant with its pleasant smell, is effective against many diseases such as pain, cough, flu with its special healing that even cuts internal bleeding.
- Oltu Grass: Oltu Grass, known for its resemblance to chamomile, is used as a natural pest killer.
- Mistletoe: It is a plant used in controlled blood vomiting and cardiovascular diseases.
Herb Varieties Dishes and 12 Medicinal Recipes
It is very important to follow local herbs with known benefits for the correct use of the opportunities provided by nature, and to feed people who say never to eat the herb that I do not know, as meat dish, yoghurt salad or pancake, which are enjoyed on the tables. Meals made with herbs that heal many diseases can be both more aromatic and more beneficial.
1) Panacea Stinging Nettle Soup
You can start the day with a practical soup made with the miraculous benefits of stinging nettle, and you can feel fitter and healthier. Stinging Nettle Soup
2) Flavor Extending from Nature to the Table: Kaldirik Roasted
Roasting made with kaldirik plant, which grows completely naturally in the forest, allows you to offer a menu that is both practical and healthy.
3) Affordable and Tasteful: Şevketi Bostan Dinner
Eating with Şevketi Boston, one of the thousands of herbs found in the world, not only benefits the stomach and intestinal system of the person, but also appeals to the palate.
4) Spinach Sea Bean Salad Flavor
Be sure to try the sea cowpea salad, which is especially in the medicinal plant group.
5) Soothing Meat Tangle Meal
The tangle dish cooked with meat is a different dish with its calming effect that emits an aniseed scent.
6) Crowbar, Nettle and Spinach Pastry Hidden in Its Flavor
Compared to many types of pastry, it is quite easy to make a pastry that is enjoyable and healing with its rich plant material.
7) A Diet Recipe: Radika Salad with Yogurt
Dietary lists can be changed with radica, which is both a natural and wild plant with its rich source of vitamins and minerals.
8) Full Mineral Storage Hibiscus Meal
You can stay healthy naturally by consuming meals made with hibiscus, which is a full storehouse with its high mineral values.
9) Rockwood Pickles That Every Season Needs
With its pain-relieving feature, rock groves can be made into pickles and can be kept in homes continuously.
10) Thyme (Zahter) Salad from the Ottoman Cuisine
Ottoman tables, which have a very wide culinary culture, give a wide place to plant varieties. You can still experience this natural healing on your tables.
11) Wild Spinach Pancake with Vinegar Herbs
You can offer healthier meals to your loved ones by making plants from nature.
12) The Name of a Different Taste Cibez Salad
Cabeza, which adds a new flavor to different flavors made from all kinds of plants, is mostly consumed by making salads like lettuce salad in Aegean and Mediterranean tables.