Cinnamon Oil: Benefits, What Does Cinnamon Oil Do? How to use?
Cinnamon, which grows in South Asia, is a tree from the laurel family and its bark is used. Cinnamon oil obtained from cinnamon bark is a fragrant plant oil containing cinnamic, aldehyde and eugenol substances. Cinnamon oil, which has the ability to kill microbes, has many healing aspects.
Cinnamon bark is beneficial even when it is only brewed and drunk as a tea. It has the feature of balancing the sugar rate in the body. It has been determined that people who smell cinnamon oil increase the attention span, and the working memory and visual-motor responses of the brain are accelerated. This essential oil is very good for brain functions. In our country, the use of oil such as powder and bark cinnamon is quite common. If you do not have an allergic body, you can also benefit from its blessings.
How Is Cinnamon Oil Obtained?
Cinnamon oil is obtained by distillation method in industry. The steam distillation method is a practice used to make essential vegetable oil from flowers, roots and leaves. You can buy cinnamon oil ready-made or you can make it yourself.
Making cinnamon oil at home is a job that you can easily achieve. The materials you need to obtain the oil are a glass jar, cinnamon sticks and the most natural olive oil. After placing cinnamon sticks in your jar, you need to fill it to the brim with olive oil. Then, it is sufficient to close the mouth tightly so that it does not get air, leave it at room temperature for 3 weeks and shake it regularly every day.
If you keep the number of cinnamon bark a lot, you will get a more effective oil. If you don’t want to make it yourself, you can easily find branded cinnamon oil products in herbalists.
What Are the Benefits of Cinnamon Oil?
Cinnamon oil, which has been mentioned frequently in recent years, is a source of healing with many benefits. It is known as a germicidal due to its antibacterial effect. We can list its benefits in general as follows:
- Like the bark and powder of the plant, its oil also helps regulate blood sugar.
- It provides protection against heart and vascular diseases with its feature of cleaning the blood and accelerating blood circulation.
- It contributes to brain activities. It improves concentration and strengthens memory.
- Cinnamon oil, which facilitates digestion, regulates the intestines and is beneficial for intestinal worms.
- It has a positive effect on the nervous system and is good for tension. It helps against insomnia and stress with its calming effect. It relieves spiritual troubles.
- It is useful against rheumatic pains and muscle pains. It reduces pain due to its anti-inflammatory properties. It is also said to be good for joint and stomach pains.
- It removes bad breath with its pleasant aroma.
- Cinnamon oil is important for lip care. If used regularly, it plumps the lips. It makes it look beautiful.
- It has positive effects against flu, cold and flu.
- Those who use cinnamon oil say that it has a sexual power-enhancing effect.
- It is used externally against itching and insect bites. It cuts the itching.
- Cinnamon oil is a herbal product that has benefits for hair. Cinnamon oil is made into a mask with honey and applied to the roots of the hair against hair loss.
It would be right to consult your doctor before using this oil for diseases. Plant oils may be inconvenient for allergic bodies and undesirable results may occur.
What Does Cinnamon Oil Do? How to use?
- Cinnamon oil is a product used in slimming and skin care as well as the above benefits. It is said to be effective in burning fat in the abdominal area.
- Cinnamon oilis also used for cellulite. It can be applied by dripping into water as well as by applying locally. For external use, a few drops of oil are applied to the skin and massaged. If it is to be applied internally, it is drunk by adding four or five drops to a cup of water. In order for these forms of application to be healthy, it is important to get an opinion from a doctor or herbalist.
- The answer to the question of whether cinnamon oil, which is also good for skin problems, can be applied to the face, is that it would not be correct to apply it alone. It can irritate your skin. When the mask made with honey is applied to the skin, it revitalizes the skin and prevents the formation of acne with its antibacterial feature and cleans the skin deeply.
- Cinnamon oil isa vegetable oil with benefits for the skin. It can be applied to the body by massaging to relax the muscles and relieve pain. But it should be applied by mixing with carrier massage oil.
- If you wash by adding cinnamon oil to the bath water, you will feel that it is good for your skin and muscles.
- If you want to have full-looking lips, you can get help from a mixture of cinnamon oil and vaseline . Cinnamon oil stimulates the capillaries in the lips and makes them plump.
- Cinnamon oil can be used for breast enlargement. Since it causes swelling when applied to the skin, you can mix it with massage oil and apply it to your breasts.
Does Cinnamon Oil Make You Weak?
Weight loss efforts with herbal cures, which are as important to men as women, sometimes produce great results. If you believe in the weakening power of herbs, you can add cinnamon oil to these cures. Drinking cinnamon water or water dripping with cinnamon oil is said to cause weight loss. There are various opinions that it is very effective in burning fat in the belly area. Some herbalists recommend adding 2 drops of the oil to every meal you eat to take advantage of the burning effect of cinnamon oil.
You can try this method as an additional application while continuing your diet and exercise program. You can also add the cinnamon water cure prepared with cinnamon sticks to your weight loss program. Before doing all these, do not forget to consult your dietitian.
It is said that cinnamon oil, which makes you lose extra pounds, is also good for cholesterol. Cinnamon has the ability to reduce LDL cholesterol and blood triglycerides (fats). There are opinions that this data is based on scientific studies. There is information that the calcium and fiber found in cinnamon oil have a positive effect on atherosclerosis, heart and diabetes. Moreover, it is stated that while doing this, it lowers harmful cholesterol.
Cinnamon oil can cause allergic effects, although rarely. When using the oil for the first time, you can first try mixing it with a carrier oil on a small area on your hand. If there is no reaction when you apply the oil to your skin, you can use it easily. If you use cinnamon oil in the amount recommended by experts, without exaggeration, you will not be harmed. If you use too much, you will encounter side effects.
Long-term and excessive use of cinnamon oil can cause constipation. It is said to increase the effect of the drugs used when consumed by people who constantly take high blood pressure drugs.
If cinnamon oil is applied directly to the body, it causes irritation on the skin. If you have a chronic illness, are expecting a baby and are allergic, you should definitely consult your doctor before using cinnamon oil.