Benefits of Lemon Water
The quality of the first sip that enters the body in the morning is very important. Your body, which has been dehydrated for a long time, needs a glass of water with high alkalinity, not coffee or tea. There are many benefits of adding lemon to your water to increase the alkalinity of the water. Here in this article, you can find the answers to topics such as lemon benefits.
Benefits of Lemon Water
- Regulates Liver Functions
- Cleanses the Body of Toxins
- Cleanses Oral Bacteria
- Accelerates Metabolism
- Lowers Blood Pressure
- Protects Vision Health
- Renews Skin Cells
- Makes Hair Strengthen
- Prevents Nails from Breaking
- Improves Constipation
- Prevents Fat Storage
- Prevents Heart Diseases
- Improves Respiratory Diseases
- Helps Kidney Stones Go Down
- Relieves Pain Naturally
What are the Benefits of Lemon Water?
- Drinking lemon water every morning prevents wrinkles by increasing the skin’s collagen production.
- Gargling with lemon water is good for throat infections.
- Lemon detox and lemon cure made with lemon water, lemon garlic cure are among the most applied alternative medicine methods.
- A tablespoon of lemon juice every day is very beneficial for asthma patients.
- If it is used for skin peeling by mixing lemon salt, it will open the spots on the skin.
- When consumed by boiling the lemon-ginger duo, it removes cough. You can easily extract lemon juice using a lemon squeezer.
- A pregnancy test can be done with lemon. If the lemon residues that are squeezed on the urine start to settle to the bottom, it means that you are pregnant, but this is a common event that does not have a medical quality.
15 Benefits of Lemon Water You’ll Hear for the First Time
Lemon is a useful fruit that contains high levels of vitamin C and is available in all seasons. Lemon water, which is recommended by nutritionists for those who want to live healthy, is consumed by many people. Thanks to the lemon slices added to the drinking water, the aroma of the drinking water is both flavored and your body becomes more resistant thanks to the benefits of lemon.
When you ask how to drink lemon water, you can use the lemons in the kitchen. If you wish, you can slice it and add it to drinking water. Those who want to drink only 1 glass can take the juice of half a lemon and mix it with drinking water. A special time is not recommended to drink lemon water. You can feel better by drinking this water whenever and wherever you want. Drinking warm in winter cold; It will be good for you to drink it with ice in summer heat. Drinking lemon water fresh will give better results.
Lemon water, which creates a detox effect, renews the body in every way. You can consume lemon water to look younger than your age, prevent intestinal problems and get rid of toxins. Do you know how you will do your body a favor on the days when you will drink lemon water that you will prepare effortlessly and without any expense? For those who wonder about the benefits of drinking lemon water , this article has been discussed one by one. If you are wondering what drinking water with lemon will do for you; You can read to the end of the page!
1) Regulates Liver Functions
- It is an item that should be included in the list of benefits of lemon water, its support for liver functions.
- The liver is a very serious and important organ for our body. In order for this organ to function adequately, lemon water must be consumed regularly.
- When you start the day by drinking warm and lemon water, you will help clean the liver.
2) Cleanses the Body of Toxins
- Those who think that lemon water is useful to strengthen the immune system will be very happy.
- The body of people who consume lemon water is quickly purified from toxins. Lemon water makes you urinate frequently and in this way, toxins are removed from your body.
- When the toxic substances that tire your body are cleared, your body resistance becomes stronger.
3) Cleans Oral Bacteria
- Thanks to the benefits of lemon water, your smiles will now be bolder. You can consume lemon water during the day to protect your dental and oral health.
- Lemon water will help whiten teeth and prevent cavities. It is also very effective in cleaning wounds in the mouth such as aphthae.
- It is recommended to drink lemon water regularly in the morning and evening to prevent unpleasant odors in the mouth.
4) Accelerates Metabolism
- One of the answers to the question of what are the benefits of lemon water is its weight loss effect.
- It helps you lose weight by accelerating your metabolism. It helps digest your food faster and stabilize your blood sugar.
- If you are looking for an effective drink for getting rid of edema; You can facilitate the slimming process by regularly drinking lemon water.
5) Lowers Blood Pressure
- If you have a high blood pressure problem; You can make a lemon water drinking program by talking to your doctor about the effects of the drugs you will use.
- Lemon water helps lower blood pressure. If you are using medication for this purpose; You should definitely contact your doctor.
- In case of instant blood pressure rise, you can balance the rising blood pressure by drinking a glass of lemon water.
6) Protects Vision Health
- It is recommended to take vitamin C for healthier eyesight. You can get vitamin C by drinking lemon water regularly.
- People who drink lemon water have a very low incidence of eye disease. If you regularly drink warm or cold lemon water; You can maintain retinal health.
- It should not be forgotten that one of the indirect effects of lemon water for your eyes is that it prevents burring and dryness.
7) Renews Skin Cells
- Lemon water, which you will consume as an antioxidant drink, can be placed in your glass as an elixir that will rejuvenate you.
- If you regularly drink lemon water; you help the dead cells to be removed from your body and replaced by new young cells.
- Lemon water prevents wrinkles, gives shine to the skin and helps the skin to look healthier.
8) Helps Strengthen Hair
- If your hair is breaking and breaking too much; Now it’s time to drink water with lemon.
- Lemon water, which is very nutritious in terms of vitamin C, helps strengthen your hair.
- If you start your day by drinking freshly prepared lemon water every morning; You can get the moisture and vitamins your hair needs.
9) Prevents Nails From Breaking
- If you want your nails to be strong, you should meet the water with lemon.
- By drinking lemon water regularly, you will help nails take vitamins. Thanks to vitamin C and lemon water, which is an antioxidant, you can prevent whitening on your nails.
- You should take care to drink lemon to forget about cracked nails and have stronger nails. You can also rest your nails in lemon water and see the benefits.
10) Improves Constipation
- Many people have wondered about the answers to the question of what does water do? One of the effects of lemon water is that it relaxes the intestines.
- If you have been suffering from constipation recently; When you wake up in the morning, you can throw lemon slices into 1 glass of warm water. You can also squeeze lemon juice if you wish.
- On the days when you wake up with lemon water, your intestines will be relieved in a short time and the problem of constipation will be a thing of the past.
11) Prevents Fat Storage
- When you eat too much and feel uncomfortable, you can drink warm lemon water 15 minutes after your meal. You can see the effects faster by drinking warm lemon water.
- It prevents the accumulation of fat in the foods you eat in the body.
- If you make a habit of drinking lemon water regularly; You can start to burn the fat in your body.
12) Prevents Heart Diseases
- Lemon water, which is a great support for the relaxation of the vessels going to the heart, is the enemy of heart diseases because it balances blood circulation.
- Drinking lemon water for the best protection of the heart prevents heart attack. It will protect you by preventing blood clotting.
- Drinking lemon water, which you will make a habit of, will save you a life.
13) Improves Respiratory Diseases
- If you have frequent respiratory tract infections during seasonal changes; You can drink warm lemon water.
- In this process, you can also add honey and ginger to lemon water to feel better.
- Lemon water, thanks to the vitamins in it, cleans the bacteria in the throat and opens your breath with its smell.
14) Helps Kidney Stones Go Down
- To protect kidney health, do not be late and start drinking lemon water as soon as possible.
- You can prevent the formation of stones in the kidneys by drinking lemon water.
- You can often drink warm lemon water to help remove existing small kidney stones from the body more easily.
15) Relieves Pain Naturally
- When you feel bad, you can drink 1 glass of water with lemon. It has a great role in relieving pain.
- Lemon water, which has the task of regulating blood circulation, relaxes the veins and helps relieve pain.
- It is recommended to drink warm lemon water to naturally heal joint, headache and muscle pain.
What is Lemon? What are the types?
- Lemon is a short tree and its fruit that continues to grow in summer and winter, whose homeland is unknown. Lemon is an evergreen tree.
- This fruit, which is grown in all temperate countries and contains essential oil, is also very popular and consumed in our country.
- In regions with temperate climates such as the Aegean and the Mediterranean, there is a lemon tree in the garden of almost every house. Lemon pH value is between 2 and 3.
- Lemongrass has a very nice fragrance and is used to make perfumes and lemon colognes. Lemon tree care is very easy, it is a fruit that grows effortlessly.
- Since it is produced in Turkey in large quantities, lemon prices are low, especially in summer.
Lemons are divided into three categories: sour, sweet, and lemon-like. The most commonly grown lemon varieties are: Lamas, Black Lemon, Enterdonate and Lime Lemon.
- Lamas Lemon is a very juicy cylindrical lemon variety grown in the Erdemli and Silifke districts of Mersin. It is a very preferred lemon because it has a long storage life of 9 months.
- Black Lemon is the most widely grown lemon species in our country. While the fruit is being collected, lemon flowers continue to open and bear fruit throughout the year.
- Interdonato Lemon is mostly grown in Turkey. The most distinctive feature of this lemon, which has plenty of water, is that the nipple is tilted to the side.
- Cyprus Lemon is produced in Alanya and Anamur districts. It is thought that he came to our country from Cyprus, as the name suggests. It is a very high-quality lemon variety. It is a bright color that we call lemon yellow. Although there is a prominent stem part, the breast part seen in lemons is almost non-existent. Cyprus citric acid is around 7-10.
- Lime Lemon is also known as lime. Lemon has a nice flavor that makes you confused as to whether it’s a fruit or a vegetable. It is cut more and put into drinks. This species has a lot of lemon seeds.
What are Lemon Calories, Sugar Ratio and Nutritional Value?
- Lemon has a very high nutritional value. 100 grams of lemon contains 43 kcal calories. 200 grams of lemon juice is 200 kcal calories.
- According to these data, if we calculate how many calories in 1 lemon, an average lemon is 100 grams and its calorie is 43 kcal as mentioned above.
- Lemon contains high amounts of vitamin C, potassium, magnesium, folic acid and fiber. The protein, carbohydrate and fat ratio in 100 grams of lemon is as follows: 87% carbohydrates, 8% fat, 4% protein. Lemon contains vitamin A, calcium and iron.
- Lemon contains no sugar. The answer to the question of whether lemon is an acid or a base is clear: it is acid because it is sour.
What are the Benefits of Lemon?
- The benefits of eating lemons are endless. The question of what lemon is good for can be answered by looking at its benefits.
- The acid in its content fights infections.
- It is an antioxidant that protects from diseases such as cancer.
- It lowers blood pressure and increases good cholesterol.
- It is used to treat diabetes, constipation, high blood pressure, indigestion (lemon soda) and many other problems.
- Lemon mask gives shine to the skin. Lemon is also a good antiseptic for acne.
- Lemon tea is good for digestive system problems and cleans the liver.
- Sun-dried and then ground lemon peel relieves headaches when applied to the head.
- Peppermint lemon tea is considered one of the most effective flu and cold methods of alternative medicine.
- Well, if it is said that lemon lowers blood pressure, yes, there are studies by experts that lemon lowers blood pressure.
- Lemon salt prevents sugaring of foods such as jam.
- Lemon baking soda is used to whiten teeth.
What Are the Benefits of Lemon Peel?
- The ratio of vitamin C, potassium, calcium and rich fiber in the content of lemon peel is 5-10 times higher than that of water, and this is called the miracle of lemon peel.
- It lowers cholesterol.
- It fights cancer.
- Thanks to the calcium it contains, it strengthens the bones.
- It is good for indigestion by strengthening immunity.
- It is good for oral health, strengthens the gums.
- If it is added to desserts such as cake, sauce, cookies, pudding, it both gives a nice flavor and has great health benefits.
What Are the Benefits of Lemon Oil?
- When lemon oil is applied to the ends of the hair, it gives vitality and shine.
- It is used in the treatment of warts. When applied to the wart area, a rapid recovery is observed.
- It revitalizes the skin when used as a tonic.
- When 4-5 drops are added to the bathwater, it accelerates the blood circulation in the body and gives vitality.
- It prevents the formation of acne by removing excess sebum in oily skin.
How is the Lemon Diet Made? Does Lemon Lose Weight?
- There is a question whose answer is curious whether lemon weakens it. Lemon alone does not have a fat-burning feature.
- In any case, foods alone do not have properties such as burning fat. It can be seen with a small test that the lemon olive oil pair does not mix.
- However, it can be said that the vitamin C in the lemon content will accelerate the metabolism. For this reason, the lists in the answers to questions such as how to make a lemon diet do not give the desired result.
- However, if it is asked whether it is possible to lose weight with lemon, yes, lemon helps to lose weight and can be used in salads, which is an indispensable part of diet lists, because its calories are very low.
How to Store Lemon?
- There are various methods for storing lemons: These methods are used to prevent lemon mold from forming. The most well-known of these is to store in the deep freezer.
- If desired, it can be stored as a whole by squeezing the juice. One of the most practical ways to store lemon juice in the freezer is to put it in ice trays.
- In order to keep the cut lemon in the refrigerator without spoiling, sugar cubes are applied to the cut part of the lemon. The cut part is turned upside down and placed in the refrigerator.
- Making lemon cider vinegar in ancient times was one of the methods of preserving lemons.
Growing Lemons: How to Plant Lemons? Where Does It Grow?
- Lemon trees grow in areas where the temperature does not fall below 0 degrees. Below 0 degrees, lemon trees dry up. Despite this, it is a tree that does not like too much hot weather.
- The Mediterranean climate is suitable for lemon cultivation. It is very suitable for lemon cultivation in Mersin and Hatay and these regions are full of lemon orchards.
Growing lemons takes up a long process that takes time and effort. It is necessary to plant the lemon tree in clayless soil, it does not like calcareous soil. For this reason, the amount of lime in the soil must be measured before planting.
- Lemon sapling is pruned before planting, it can be planted after resting in the bag for 10 days under the sun. In order to grow lemons at home as a hobby, lemon seeds can be planted as lemon seeds.