7 Scientific Health Benefits of Fasting
Benefits of Fasting: Scientific Studies! The spiritual benefits of fasting during Ramadan are many. During this month, when patience is learned, people learn tolerance, empathy and understanding once again. Unity, togetherness impulses prove their value on social life once again. This period, in which the one who has helps the one who does not have and understands his situation, really helps a lot to re-emerge our human feelings.
What Are the Benefits of Fasting?
- Accelerates Fat Burning
- Soothes the Stomach and Intestines
- Strengthens Mind Functions
- Strengthens the Body Against Difficult Conditions
- Revitalizes and Brightens the Skin
- Has Positive Effects on Insulin Resistance
- Strengthens the Immune System
- Helps prevent cancer
- Prevents Alzheimer’s disease
- Protects heart health
- It reduces the risk of type 2 religious
- Repairs cells
- delays aging
The spiritual benefits of fasting , which is a sacred duty, are innumerable. However, the act of “fasting” has another aspect other than worship. It also covers the scientific benefits it adds to our body. This, in fact, supports the fact that fasting is seen as an important habit for health, as can be seen when the benefits of fasting are examined in terms of religion.
The benefits of fasting are gaining more and more importance within the framework of researches carried out every day. For this reason, it would not be possible if we did not mention the benefits of fasting in these times when we will welcome Ramadan with lots of love . If you have no idea about the benefits of fasting , which is one of the benefits of Islam , you will be really surprised by the information we will provide.
With the 7 information we will give you within the scope of the health benefits of fasting, you can decide to fast at certain intervals except for the month of Ramadan! Let’s give a little hint by saying that there is important information on our list, especially for those who have weight loss problems. The benefits of fasting are also effective for diabetes and insulin resistance! The benefits of fasting for the body and the features that strengthen your spiritual side will surprise you.
Here is our list of the scientific benefits of fasting ! Let’s take a look at the benefits of fasting, briefly , and what we have prepared.
7 Scientific Benefits of Fasting
1) Accelerates Fat Burning
- The first benefit is about what just about anyone can guess: losing weight.
- Fasting activates the stored fat cells in the body, thus enabling the burning of fat.
- At the same time, it turns the food taken into energy quickly, increasing the rate of fat burning.
- Moreover, fasting provides this benefit in a healthy way.
- In fact, it is known that some athletes fast outside the month of Ramadan to lose weight.
- Thanks to the benefits of fasting , you can reach your ideal weight more easily.
2) Relieves Stomach and Intestines
- The answers to the question of what are the benefits of fasting now apply to the intestines and stomach, also called the second brain.
- The benefits of fasting for the stomach are especially due to the decrease in acidity in the stomach, which remains passive.
- The stomach and intestines, which do not work for long hours, find the opportunity to rest during this time and repair their own structure.
- In this way, the human body can have a much better working digestive system .
- As a result, calorie burning works more healthily and smoothly.
- In short , fasting is a protective factor for metabolic health.
- As it is known, a slow working metabolism is one of the reasons that shorten the lifespan.
- Therefore , fasting is an action that indirectly prolongs life .
3) Strengthens Mind Functions
- Fasting is a method of developing will power and resting the body, which has many benefits for the body.
- It has psychological as well as physical benefits.
- Do you think that fasting can be good for diseases such as Parkinson’s and Alzheimer’s , which are today’s problems ?
- While fasting increases the mental strength of the body, it can also prevent the occurrence of such mental illnesses.
- With this scientifically explained feature, fasting triggers the formation of new stem cells in the brain.
4) Strengthens the Body Against Difficult Conditions
- Among the physical benefits of fasting, we can count its protection against diseases and stress.
- The body, which resists hunger, strengthens its control system.
- Thus, it becomes possible to have a much fitter body both physically and consciously.
- At the same time , the body, which gains the strength to resist eating , will also be more comfortable in losing weight.
- For this reason, fasting is an action that facilitates the work of people who want to diet in other periods.
5) Provides More Vivid and Brighter Skin
- More than all the cares, inward health is essential for a beautiful skin.
- Clean and healthy liver, stomach and kidneys determine the beauty of the skin.
- Fasting also has benefits for the skin.
- The kidneys and liver, which rest and remove all toxins from themselves thanks to fasting, are purified, thus reflecting this cleansing on the skin.
- In short, fasting is also very beneficial for skin beauty.
6) Has Positive Effects on Insulin Resistance
- Studies have shown that during fasting, cells trigger the uptake of more glucose from the blood .
- In this way, the level of sugar in the blood is balanced during the 1 month of fasting.
- This is a factor that will protect insulin health both during fasting and in the following periods.
7) Strengthens the Immune System
- We have explained the benefits of fasting, item by item, and in fact, perhaps the most important item has been saved for the last.
- Fasting is a great support for a strong immune system, which is the biggest indicator of our health.
- Thanks to fasting, with the renewal of organs that have not worked for a long time, the body becomes vigorous, that is, the immune system works in its healthiest state.
- In fact, according to the research of the Japanese biologist Yoshinori Ohsumi, the “regeneration” event that we are talking about occurs 100 percent even in the oldest people.
- The benefits of fasting have been scientifically proven, and Ohsumi’s other proven study is that during fasting, beneficial cells work harder to destroy harmful cells.
- In short, fasting also provides a lot of benefits in removing harmful cells from the body.