Nutritional Value of Spinach | How Many Calories in Spinach?
Spinach is one of the most beneficial vegetables in terms of containing vitamins such as A, B, C and E. Spinach, which has a large place in kitchens during the winter months, is also very valuable because it contains minerals such as phosphate, iron and magnesium. It protects you against diseases in terms of strengthening the immune system that is weak during the winter months.
If you are on a diet, spinach is among the least calorie and most beneficial foods you can use. Spinach is a vegetable that is rich in taste and health, not in calories. With all these benefits, if you are one of those people who take into account the calories of the foods they consume, it is useful to pay attention to the foods you use with spinach.
Although the answers to questions such as how many calories in spinach and how many calories in 1 portion of spinach are pleasing for those who are on a diet, different recipes using spinach can be quite high in terms of calories.
How Many Calories in Fresh Spinach?
Since spinach has low calories, it is among the foods recommended for dieters. The question of how many calories in raw spinach is one of the questions on the minds of dieters.
- 100 grams of raw spinach contains about 17 calories.
- A portion of spinach that you can use in the spinach meal contains an average of 26 calories. With this amount of calories, spinach is one of the most suitable foods to be consumed in one meal for a dieter.
You can use it as a main meal at lunch in your diet. In addition, thanks to the fibers it contains, it also makes your metabolism work faster.
Nutritional Value of Spinach
It can be very useful to examine the nutritional value table of spinach, which is known for its high iron content, while on a diet. In this way, we will examine closely how nutritious it is not only in terms of iron, but also in terms of fiber and vitamins. The nutritional value of 100 grams of spinach is as follows:
- Carbs: 0.55 g
- Protein: 2.52 g
- Fat: 0.3 g
- Fiber: 2.58 g
- Calcium: 126 mg
- Vitamin A: 781 iu
- Vitamin C: 52mg
- Iron: 4.1
How Many Calories in Boiled Spinach?
Spinach is a very suitable food to enter your diet menus in terms of calories. If spinach is in your diet menu, boiling the spinach and carrying it to your table is the most appropriate consumption method for your diet.
- One serving of cooked spinach contains about 29 calories. This is a very close figure to the raw state.
- 100 grams corresponds to 19 calories.
Since it is both delicious and very healthy, you can consume boiled spinach with peace of mind.
How Many Calories in Spinach Meal?
Although spinach is a low-calorie vegetable, the foods you will use with it while cooking will increase this calorie value.
- While boiled spinach is about 29 calories, a portion of spinach meal reaches about 133 calories with the use of other nutrients in the meal.
- 1 tablespoon of spinach will cause you to get 19 calories.
- When you consume 100 grams of spinach, it is 76 calories.
When you make a spinach dish that is used by everyone, 28 grams of rice you use causes you to add 104 calories to your pot. Approximately 30 grams of tomato paste adds 23-25 calories, while 1 tablespoon of olive oil increases the calorie content of your meal with 119 calories.
How Many Calories in Minced Spinach?
When the beneficial vitamins and minerals of spinach are combined with the protein contained in the minced meat, a very tasty and useful main dish emerges. However, with the contribution of the oil and ground meat used, the calorie rate in this dish increases a little.
- 220 grams of minced spinach, which can be seen as a medium-sized portion, contains about 162 calories.
- 1 tablespoon of spinach is 7 calories.
- When you eat 100 grams of minced spinach, you will consume 73 calories.
Considering these calorie calculations, you can choose spinach with minced meat over spinach.
How Many Calories in Egg Spinach?
Spinach and egg are two foods that are quite compatible with each other in terms of taste. When preparing spinach with eggs, you may think of the question of how many calories in 1 portion of spinach with egg. The egg, which increases the nutritional value of spinach with the protein it contains, also contributes to this dish in terms of calories.
- Approximately 176 calories in 1 serving
- 100 grams of spinach with egg causes you to get 60 calories.
- Considering that 1 tablespoon of spinach is 18 calories, you can include spinach with eggs in your diet accordingly.
How Many Calories in Spinach Soup?
You can consume spinach soup, which is very rich in vitamin K, as 1 bowl in your meals and you can safely include this soup in your diet.
- A medium serving of spinach soup contains about 104 calories.
- 100 grams is calculated as approximately 38 calories.
- If you consume spinach soup in a medium bowl, you will get 58 calories.
According to these calorie calculations, spinach soup is a very suitable dish for your diets.
How Many Calories in Spinach Pastry?
You can consume spinach in many different ways in your dieting process. However, when it comes to spinach pie, it should not be forgotten that the amount of calories you will receive is quite high. The answer to the question of how many calories in 1 spinach pie is related to the use of other foods, except spinach. You should not forget that the dough is added to the calorie calculation of the dough and the glycemic index of these foods is quite high. For these reasons, the calorie rate of spinach pastry is higher than other dishes in which spinach is used.
- When you consume 1 portion of spinach pie, you will get about 295 calories, which is a very high figure compared to the calories of other spinach dishes.
- When a calculation is made considering the weight, 100 grams of spinach pie contains about 155 calories.