Benefits of Clove Water You Must Know
Benefits of Clove Water. Cloves are dried flower stalks belonging to the Myrtaceae tree family. Since early times, cloves have been used as spices as well as herbal medicines.
With a variety of content in cloves, namely potassium, vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin E, calcium, magnesium, zinc, folate, antioxidants, it’s no wonder cloves can support body health.
Unfortunately, the benefits of cloves for health are rarely discussed in the community, beyond its role as a flavor enhancer in processed foods and beverages.
Benefits of Clove Water
- It is a natural remedy for throat infection.
- It removes bad breath.
- It accelerates metabolism.
- It strengthens the gums.
- It is diuretic.
- It reduces stress and anxiety.
What are the Benefits of Clove Water?
- Clove is a natural remedy for throat infections, as it is a plant that fights germs . If you wish, you can keep it in the mouth in a plain form and see the effect.
- Drinking water with cloves will be a very natural method to remove odors in the mouth after strong-smelling foods .
- With the effect of clove, which activates the metabolism , you can remove the toxins accumulated in the body. This will accelerate your weight loss process.
- Clove is a herb that strengthens the gums in its plain form. You can protect your oral and dental health by adding cloves to your water.
- Thanks to the diuretic feature of clove water , it can heal you on stressful days when you have urinary tract infections.
- Among the benefits of drinking water with cloves, there is also a stress-relieving and relaxing feature. It acts as a kind of natural antidepressant.
Health Benefits of Cloves
The following are the health benefits of cloves that you should not miss.
1. Maintain healthy teeth and mouth
Based on research published in the Journal of Dentistry , it is known that cloves can be used as a substitute for painkillers such as benzocaine to treat tooth and gum pain and sores in the mouth.
2. Prevent premature ejaculation
The Journal of Medical Microbiology states that cloves can inhibit the growth of fungi. In fact, several other studies mention cloves can prevent premature ejaculation in men.
3. Lowering blood sugar levels
Based on a study conducted in 2006, the clove herbal plant can lower blood sugar levels by stimulating insulin activity.
In addition, the study also said that regular consumption of cloves can help control diabetes.
4. Improve liver function
The eugenol substance in cloves is believed to be beneficial for maintaining your liver function. However, further research is still needed to really prove it.
5. Lowers cholesterol levels
Based on a study published by the American Heart Association , cloves have a significant effect in controlling cholesterol and triglyceride levels in the body.
It also needs to be remembered, there are some side effects of using cloves that you should be aware of, namely allergic reactions, liver disorders, irritation of the skin and gums, and others.
So, please consult your doctor before you decide to regularly consume cloves.