Anzer Honey: Benefits, Features and Side Effects
According to the Turkish Food Codex, the natural product in which the nectars of flowers, the secretions on the living parts of the plants or the secretions of the plant-sucking insects living on the living parts of the plants are collected and modified by combining them with their own unique substances, the water content is reduced, and the natural product is matured by being stored in the honeycomb, is called “honey”.
Anzer honey, on the other hand, is a source of healing produced in Ballıköy Anzer Plateau, İkizdere district of Rize, which has 400 to 500 kinds of flowers, 80-90 of which are endemic. Anzer honey is a very precious and special honey considering its benefits and limited production. Even those who want to use it queue up to have this miracle, which was produced in small quantities one season before. Anzer honey is very heavy in taste due to its intense aroma.
What is Anzer Honey? What are its features?
- Anzer honey is produced only in a certain region.
- It contains pollen of many flowers, most of which are endemic.
- It has a supportive feature in the prevention and treatment process of many diseases.
- No sugar or any other additives are added to Anzer honey as a supplement, it is completely natural.
- It is obtained by cold milking, as pollen and enzymes in honey deteriorate at temperatures above 40 °C.
What are the Benefits of Anzer Honey?
- The phenolic components in Anzer honey have very strong antioxidant properties. In this way, it plays an important role in strengthening the immune system. Anzer honey, which is a good antioxidant, also cleans the blood.
- It strengthens the immune system and thus provides protection from many diseases.
- It helps the healthy functioning of the digestive system.
- Appetite. It is recommended for people who have weight gain problems.
- It gives energy, and with regular use, it prevents fatigue and fatigue during the day.
- It makes the skin look healthier and brighter, improves skin blemishes.
- It is very beneficial for bone health. It makes bones more resistant to fracture or sprain.
- It is effective in preventing cardiovascular diseases.
- As it is a very strong protector against cancer, it also supports cancer treatments.
- Anzer honey, which is very beneficial for vascular health, prevents cardiovascular diseases.
- It is effective in body development and growth. It provides cell regeneration.
- It regulates metabolism.
- It prevents hair loss.
- It provides protection against infertility.
- It has the feature of increasing sexual power.
Which Diseases Is Anzer Honey Good For?
Although Anzer honey has come to the fore with its protective feature before many diseases occur, it can also be used as a support in the treatment of many diseases:
- It is effective in the healing of lung-related diseases.
- It provides rapid healing of wounds on the skin. It is especially recommended to be used for faster closure of surgical wounds.
- It relieves indigestion and protects intestinal health. It solves diarrhea problems.
- It is beneficial both in the prevention of diseases such as atherosclerosis and stiffness and in the healing of existing ones. It prevents heart palpitations.
- It is effective in healing stomach ulcers and shrinking tumors.
- It strengthens the muscles and prevents involuntary contractions.
- It is recommended as an adjunct to treatment in the treatment processes of hepatitis B and C and jaundice.
- It helps to heal inflammations in the body in a very short time. It is particularly effective in tonsillitis.
- It is good for asthma.
- It is effective in relieving aches and pains.
- It is stated to be effective in the treatment of prostate cancer.
- It is very effective in preventing psoriasis and is recommended to be used in the treatment process.
How to Consume Anzer Honey?
Although Anzer honey is a flower honey, it is not a honey that you can consume by spreading it on your bread for breakfast. Anzer honey can be used in accordance with the recipe shared below:
- 1 kg Anzer honey
- 100 g royal jelly
- 100 g solid propolis
- 20 g ginger
- 30 g ground black cumin
- 20 g cinnamon
The mixture prepared in accordance with the above-mentioned recipe is 1 tablespoon for adults, 1 dessert spoon for small children, and 1 teaspoon for babies; It can be used on an empty stomach 1 hour before a meal in the morning, before going to bed at night and regularly at least 1 hour after dinner.
While preparing the mixture, only wooden or plastic spoons should be used, metal should not be touched. Although it is recommended to be used every day, this does not mean that it should be consumed with the same routine throughout life. It may be beneficial to consume it every 15 days by taking 5-day breaks.
However, it is very important to consult a doctor before consuming such a powerful food supplement to avoid negative effects. Anzer honey can be used not only orally, but also by applying prepared mixtures or purely directly to the skin.
Some points to be considered in the use of Anzer honey are:
- Not suitable for use by babies under 1.5 years old.
- A doctor should be consulted before using in bedridden patients.
- Diabetic patients should be very careful about its use and inform their doctors because of the high sugar content.
Where is Anzer Honey Produced?
Anzer honey is produced in Rize’s İkizdere district, Anzer Ballıköy Plateau and Aşağı Anzerçiçek Village Plateau, at certain times of the year. It is produced in a completely natural environment away from chemicals, at an altitude of 2500-3000 m, in one of the few richest regions of the world endemic.
In the highland, which is closed to transportation in winter due to snow, the season opens as of May and around 3000 beehives are taken to the highland. Thus, the first step of the season is taken for the production of the world-famous Anzer honey. Rainy and foggy weather prevents the bees from making honey, but as the weather improves, the hives are filled with bees and the bees benefiting from the natural blessings of the plateau produce this miracle. Honey is milked towards the end of August.
Anzer plateau is also very valuable in terms of tourism. One of the leading beauties of the Black Sea, the plateau is a must-see for lovers of travel, photography, trekking and rafting.
How to Tell if Anzer Honey is Real?
Since real Anzer honey is a very valuable honey, there are plenty of imitations in the market. Therefore, it is important that Anzer honey is purchased from reliable places. There are pollen of endemic flowers grown in Anzer plateau, where Anzer honey is produced; However, by pollen analysis, it can be determined whether the honey is real or not.
It is not a reliable method to distinguish only by physical properties such as taste, smell and appearance and requires an analysis in a laboratory environment.
What are the Harms and Possible Side Effects of Anzer Honey?
Anzer honey is a very powerful food and it is very important to use it carefully. Therefore, in case of a possible side effect, it is necessary to consult a doctor immediately. Also:
- Since Anzer honey mixes into the blood very quickly, it can cause sudden blood sugar spikes, which creates a dangerous situation for diabetics.
- Eating too much Anzer honey can trigger nausea, vomiting, low blood pressure and heart diseases. When such side effects occur, a doctor should be consulted immediately.
- Anzer honey is often confused with another precious and rare honey, chestnut honey. Wrong and excessive consumption of chestnut honey leads to poisoning and even death; Although some side effects are mentioned, there are definite data about Anzer honey poisoning.
Anzer honey is not a medicine. It is not correct to use it directly for therapeutic purposes. However, it is recommended to be used as a supplement in the treatment processes under the supervision of a doctor.