12 Foods That Slow Your Metabolic Rate
Metabolism is the conversion of calories taken into the body into energy. Thanks to this situation, healthy functioning of organs and control of body fat balance are ensured. Metabolic rate is different for everyone and every age. Since the energy needed by men and women will be at different values, the metabolic rate is determined at separate levels for men and women. Metabolism is too fast or too slow; It is considered a health problem. There is an ideal metabolic rate for each individual. If working outside the values is in question; metabolic syndromes may occur.
Foods That Slow Your Metabolism Rate
- Refined Sugar
- Processed Meats
- Fried Vegetables
- Frozen Foods
- Excess Caffeine
- Sorbet Desserts
- Salty Snacks
While dieting, digesting food, exercising, and during sleep, the body balances itself with the help of metabolic rate. If the expected metabolic rate, depending on age and gender, does not work, it should be examined by a doctor. If your metabolic rate is too slow; It is very normal for you to experience high weight, disproportionate fat distribution and intestinal problems.
Now, thanks to this article, we will address the answers to the question of how we can tell whether the metabolism is fast or slow. We will not go without mentioning the other curious issues behind this question. I want to lose weight for a long time; but we will talk about things that slow down metabolism that should be removed from the lives of those who say they can’t. You can carefully read what we have to say to balance your metabolic rate.
12 Foods That Slow Your Metabolic Rate
- Wheat is among the foods that slow down metabolism. Wheat, which is frequently used in the kitchen, is an enemy of metabolism for some people.
- Wheat, which should especially be avoided by celiac patients, causes intestinal obstruction and obstruction for a long time.
- Due to stagnant intestines, the metabolic rate decreases and the body does not produce – destruction activities.
2) Refined Sugar
- Refined sugar products that you come across at every moment of the day, unfortunately, cause your metabolism to slow down.
- There is stagnation of the intestines due to sugar added to dessert, drink or tea. As a result of this situation, the metabolism does not work in a healthy way and eventually fat accumulation occurs in the body.
- Instead of refined sugar, you should consume fruits containing natural sugar. On the days you eat fruit, your metabolic rate will work without slowing down.
- Lactose is also found in foods that slow down metabolism. When you eat milk, cheese or yogurt and your intestines stop where they should work, it is said that you have lactose intolerance.
- When you want to consume milk and dairy products, you can choose lactose-free options.
- You can help your metabolism work at an ideal level by consuming dairy products without lactose.
- Some fruits cause a slowdown in metabolism. Banana is one of these fruits.
- If you consume bananas in moderation, your metabolism will be stimulated and pull itself to rest.
- Since banana contains both natural sugar and fiber, it will cause the intestines to stop a little and naturally slow down the metabolism.
- If dieters have a slow metabolism, they may be consuming too much pasta.
- Because pasta; It is a nutrient that affects the metabolic rate. If there is only pasta on a serving plate, do not expect the metabolic rate to increase.
- However, if there is both pasta, yogurt, vegetables or meat on that plate, the metabolism will work without stopping.
- Legumes must be consumed in order for the metabolism to work regularly. However, in this case, rice should be taken in moderation.
- If you consume rice too often, your metabolic rate will slow down and you will experience stagnation in your intestines.
- If you consume rice at every meal or 4-5 times a week, metabolic problems come to the fore along with weight gain.
7) Processed Meats
- Let’s add processed meats to foods that slow down metabolism. Sausage, salami, sausage, frozen meatballs and meat affect metabolism significantly.
- Instead of consuming these foods that tire the intestines, it is recommended to buy fresh meat from the butcher and prepare it daily with spices.
- Processed meats are harmful to both metabolism and other organs.
8) Fried Vegetables
- Fried vegetables are an option you come across in many meals. When you eat at home or out, fried vegetables slow down your metabolism.
- Sauteing, boiling or baking vegetables with very little oil increases the metabolic rate.
- If you think that your intestines are stagnant and your body is tired lately, you should avoid fried vegetables.
9) Frozen Foods
- Another food that slows down your metabolism is ice cream products sold in packages in deep freezers.
- Products such as frozen fish, french fries, pies, desserts and vegetables will do more harm than good to your metabolism.
- Keeping such products in the same package for months is not good for health and will cause the metabolic rate to slow down suddenly.
10) Excess Caffeine
- Caffeine is a substance that speeds up metabolism. However, when taken with a drink or dessert during the day, it slows down the metabolic rate.
- Caffeine taken throughout the day should be in moderation to maintain intestinal health.
- Caffeine consumed in moderation reduces the metabolic rate to the lowest levels, as it will cause the intestines to work uniformly.
11) Sorbet Desserts
- Refined sugar is mostly used in syrup desserts. These foods cause the metabolism to be turned upside down.
- If you eat sherbet dessert during the diet period, your intestines, which you have not had a problem with for days, may suddenly stop.
- In order not to slow down the metabolic rate, you should consume sherbet desserts as much as possible. Alternatively, you can choose milk desserts.
12) Salty Snacks
- Salt also slows down the metabolic rate. If you add a high amount of salt to your foods, you will cause the body to hold edema and slow down the metabolism.
- If you want to eat salty snacks to suppress sudden hunger, you will make it difficult for your stomach to digest other foods that you will take during the day.
- In this case; It is undesirable by the body. By avoiding salt, you can maintain your metabolic rate.
Slow Metabolism Symptoms, How to Understand?
Slow metabolism symptoms reveal themselves in the smallest details. Now, let’s talk about the issue that those who have trouble losing weight while dieting and those who have intestinal problems wonder:
- Loss of moisture balance of the skin
- feeling tired and unhappy
- low energy
- Obstruction of the intestines
- Dryness and bitter taste in the mouth
- hair shedding
- gain weight in a short time
- Not getting effective results from diet
- Weakening and breaking of nails
- frequent headache
- cold in all seasons
- Low blood pressure measurement
- Irregular period
- Emotional hunger
Why Does Metabolism Slow?
Deceleration of metabolism in men and women can be seen for various reasons. Many substances that cause this situation are listed. It is noteworthy that people’s metabolic rate slows down for both tangible and intangible reasons. Let us express these factors as follows:
- Skipping meals slows down your metabolism. You can eat by paying attention to the snacks and main meals.
- Fluid loss is a factor in slowing metabolism. Make sure to drink water frequently during the day.
- One type of diet is the enemy of metabolism. Do not be afraid to include soup, protein, vegetables and dairy products in your meals.
- Depression also slows down metabolism as it affects a person’s hormones.
- Since the inactive bodies will get used to this passivity after a while, it decreases the metabolic rate.
- Due to the wrong diet, metabolism slows down. You can increase the speed thanks to a balanced and fresh diet.
So What Happens If The Metabolism Runs Slowly?
We mentioned that metabolic rate is an important value for everyone. Speed or slow work may cause health problems. While mentioning this subject; We think it would be appropriate to answer the question of what happens if the metabolism slows down. Have you ever thought about what happens if the metabolism works slowly? See what the experts said
- The calories taken in daily nutrition are converted into energy. This situation also provides metabolism. If it works too slowly, the calories taken stay in the body. Thus, weight gain begins.
- Slow metabolism affects other organs as well. Since the intestines and kidneys will work slowly, fatigue is observed in the organs in general.
- Over time, stagnation in the intestines, chronic constipation is experienced. Constipation also creates stress in every period of life.
- Since the kidneys will perform their functions slowly, it causes serious problems.
- When the metabolism works slowly, the hormones are also secreted very sluggishly. If such a system occurs; the person feels unhappy and tired. Women experience delayed periods. Men experience fatigue and tension.
- Behind the question of whether slowing down the metabolism makes you gain weight, there are actually situations that affect the whole body.
- Because slow metabolism causes health problems; You should keep your metabolic rate at an ideal value by eating a balanced and clean diet.