Winter Vegetables: The Secret to Strong Immunity!
Winter means spending long and cheerful times in warm houses and rich tables. You can get help from delicious winter vegetables for soups and meals that will help warm you up in the cold days of winter.
Winter Vegetables List
Winter vegetables, which stand out with their high nutritional values, will protect you from the effects of cold and diseases in the best way. It is possible to consume vegetables in salads, juicy dishes or by adding them to pilafs, accompanied by many different recipes. The fresh winter vegetables that you will consume in the season will be the best choice for both your taste and your health.
Winter recipes in our rich food culture are brimming with seasonal vegetables. Winter tables, which will be a paradise for those who care about healthy nutrition, will also strengthen the immune system.
Vegetables planted in winter and vegetables planted since the end of summer and consumed in winter are among the most used ingredients of many dishes. If you ask what vegetables are planted in winter, radishes and garlic will be the first answers that come to mind. Many products that are started to be planted in autumn and summer also give harvest towards winter months.
Vegetables such as carrots, cabbage and spinach are among the important food sources in winter. These vegetables, which are frequently cooked in every home with the vitamins and minerals they contain, also increase the taste of the dishes.
What Are Winter Vegetables?
- Carrots, which are indispensable for meals, are also frequently used in salads.
- Known to be rich in vitamin A, this winter vegetable can be beneficial for eye health.
- It is also rich in vitamin K and vitamin C. Carrots are also a nice snack that can be consumed alone.
- Cabbage, which is a very fertile winter vegetable with its stuffing, pickles and food, carries minerals such as phosphorus and calcium in abundance.
- It contains plenty of fiber and is a low-calorie food.
Honey Pumpkin is
- Famous for its baked dessert, pumpkin is one of the most preferred vegetables of the winter months.
- It contains ideal amounts of vitamins A, C, iron and copper minerals.
- Desserts made with pumpkin, which preserves its nutritional value and body balance, will appeal to both your palate and your eyes.
- This winter vegetable, which has been recommended to be eaten to be strong since childhood, stands out with its intense mineral content.
- In addition to its food, its pastry accompanies tea times.
- Spinach, which is very useful for the digestive system, will contribute to the protection of your body in cold winter days.
- It is beneficial for bone health as an important source of phosphorus and calcium.
- It contributes to the functioning of the intestines and helps to relieve fatigue.
- Standing out with its different taste, celery is a good helper for the digestive system.
- Many different dishes can be made in winter with celery, which is also beneficial for the liver.
- Especially young people may not like it when it comes to leeks. Despite this, this vegetable, which is frequently consumed at home, will be among the dishes loved by young people with its original recipes.
- Leeks, which are recommended to be consumed frequently with their health benefits, are appreciated for their antioxidant properties.
- Leeks can also find a place in many different pastry recipes.
As with all vegetables and fruits, it is possible for winter vegetables to cause various problems in some sensitive bodies or those with chronic diseases. To avoid such problems, consult your doctor before consuming winter vegetables.
When to Plant Winter Vegetables
- The cultivation of winter vegetables is generally spread over the summer and autumn seasons. Those who want to grow winter vegetables in pots can also perform these operations on the general planting dates.
- Growing winter vegetables is a difficult task, but it can be done in different ways. Planting times for winter vegetables differ according to the growing style of each vegetable.
- Carrot, which is a cool climate vegetable, can be planted from March until early autumn.
- “What vegetables grow in winter?” Different answers can be given to the question.
- It is recommended to plant leeks in the spring. Mineral storage spinach is among the vegetables that can be planted starting from the end of winter until September.
- Cabbage is also a plant that can be cultivated in spring and summer. The squash, which can be affected by cold, can also be planted in the spring.
How to Give Winter Vegetables to Babies
- Giving winter vegetables to babies who are transitioning to solid food is a good step to strengthen the immune system.
- If your baby is going to switch to complementary foods during the winter months, you can taste the full season.
- If the adventure of additional food will begin in periods other than winter, you can buy winter vegetables and store them in the freezer.
- In order not to lose the vitamin value of vegetables, it is recommended to boil them in steam. If it is not possible to boil it in steam, you can boil it in water and offer it to your babies.
- However, do not pour the boiled water. Then you can use this water for soups.
- For clean use of vegetable juice; Vegetables should be well washed.
- You can give boiled vegetables as small pieces, finger food or puree according to the month of the baby.
- Do not forget to try the 3-day rule for the first tastings.
- You should consult your doctor before giving additional food to your baby.