Why Can’t I Lose Weight? Here are 15 Reasons!
For a healthier life, it is necessary to go down to the ideal weight. When you believe in yourself on the way to lose weight, it will be easier to reach the number you want. From time to time, dieters often ask themselves the following question: “Why can’t I lose weight?” The answer to this question should be explained with different information for everyone. Because it should be known that diet and nutrition programs are personal, not everyone’s metabolism rate is the same.
We are here with an article that will please and inspire those who say I can’t lose weight, my psychology is broken. If you think that I can’t lose weight lately, what should I do, this article is for you. You should definitely read our article until the end to reach the information that will guide you in the weight loss process.
Why Can’t I Lose Weight? 15 Stunning Facts For Those Who Say
1) Not Believing in Will
- Many people diet to reach their ideal weight. But sometimes I can’t lose weight even though I’m on a diet, so why?
- People who have difficulty in losing weight should first prepare themselves psychologically for this situation.
- It is recommended to find sources of self-motivation. If you believe that you will protect your will, you can spend the weight-loss period in the most efficient way.
- “Yes, I will lose weight. I’m going to say no to junk food. Because I want to live with a healthier body.” As soon as you say so, your diet adventure will begin.
2) Making Unhealthy Food Choices
- For those who say why I can’t lose weight, would it be better if I diet under the control of a dietitian, let’s give a tip about this job.
- It is a fact that those who cannot lose weight are far from healthy foods.
- When you take healthy foods into your body, your metabolism automatically accelerates and you experience weight loss.
- People who consume packaged products, processed foods, sugary and acidic beverages will have a hard time losing weight.
- When you eat low-calorie, fiber-containing foods, it will be easier to lose weight.
3) Prolonged Inactivity
- In order to lose weight, a diet should be created as well as a sports order.
- You can lose weight faster with an active body. Especially if you are a working person and your day is constantly spent at the desk; You may be thinking, how can I exercise?
- You can use less public transport on your way home or to work. If you are traveling by car, you can get out of the car by leaving a 10-minute distance.
- A 30-minute walk during the day will be enough to stimulate your metabolism.
- If you have time, you can lose weight faster by moving more.
4) Not Sleeping Regularly
- To lose weight, the body needs to store energy. Some of this energy is also stored while you sleep.
- If you sleep regularly, you can lose weight without difficulty.
- To activate your metabolism; You should sleep at the most convenient time for you and wake up early in the morning.
- The earlier you start the day, the faster your bowels will work.
- Early riser both gains and loses weight 🙂
5) Not Doing Portion Control
- Sometimes you can feel weak in the face of favorite foods. If you aim to finish the whole pot; yes, you should be warned about this.
- You can also eat your favorite meals by controlling the portion. The important thing is to serve the meals according to the calorie calculation you will receive during the day.
- To a lesser extent, you can make the weight-loss period delicious by choosing hearty meals. Therefore, it is always recommended to calculate the portion size.
6) Skipping Meals
- It will always be healthier to lose weight without making the metabolism lazy.
- It is recommended to have snacks to keep the metabolic rate in balance.
- You can eat healthier by creating a meal plan with 3 main meals and 3 snacks during the day.
- In between meals, herbal tea, nuts, fruits, cures with yogurt, homemade drinks and low-calorie snacks can be preferred.
- You can easily lose weight as your intestines will be more active on the days you have snacks.
7) High Insulin Resistance
- The condition that causes many people to be unable to lose weight is insulin resistance.
- Insulin resistance makes it difficult to lose weight.
- In order to eliminate this metabolic disease, a treatment is started under the control of a doctor.
- Faster weight loss occurs when insulin resistance and blood sugar levels are balanced.
- To avoid this ailment, you should definitely consult a doctor.
8) Experiencing Metabolic Diseases
- Sometimes the lack of weight loss can be caused by metabolic diseases. A doctor should be consulted to resolve this situation.
- When you say I cannot lose weight, which tests should I have, your doctor will ask you for a general blood test.
- According to the result, the factors that prevent you from losing weight are also determined.
- If you want to lose weight, you can consult a doctor as soon as possible and have the necessary tests done.
9) Thyroid Glands Not Working Healthy
- A disease that occurs in the thyroid gland affects the body’s metabolic rate.
- We will refer you to the doctor for the healthy secretion of thyroid hormones.
- Some people state that they cannot lose weight no matter how much they diet. Sometimes it is thyroid diseases that cause this problem.
- In order to lose weight in a healthy way without strain, you should review the condition of the thyroid glands.
10) Low Blood Values
- Conditions such as anemia, iron deficiency, vitamin D deficiency slow down the metabolic rate.
- In order for blood values to be at the ideal level, it is recommended to have a blood test from time to time.
- If there is a decrease in your blood values, you can solve this problem with supplements and diet.
- When your body recovers, you will start to lose weight.
11) Experiencing Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
- Polycystic ovary syndrome, which many women experience, also prevents weight loss.
- When this disease is experienced with insulin resistance from time to time, it becomes difficult to lose weight.
- It is recommended that women with polycystic ovary syndrome should be fed with foods with a low glycemic index.
- Patients who follow the healthy diet list both get rid of their discomfort and accelerate the weight loss process.
12) Eating Low in Protein
- You can easily lose weight when the amount of protein in the diet list is sufficient.
- But with a diet low in protein, you complicate the weight loss process.
- You can lose weight more easily when you consume foods such as meat, eggs, dairy products, cheese and yogurt.
- Protein-containing foods support fat burning both in the main meal and in the snack.
13) Excessive Alcohol Consumption
- Alcoholic beverages have appetite-stimulating properties.
- If you drink alcohol a lot, you may be eating too much.
- If you continue to consume alcohol in moderation; You gain weight control.
- In addition, since alcohol is very high in calories and the preferred ones are high in calories, it can prevent weight loss.
- During the period when you want to lose weight, be careful to consume alcohol as little as possible.
14) Being Impatient
- Do you often weigh in on the scales while dieting? If you are dating, it will make it harder for you to lose weight.
- Dietitians do not recommend that you weigh in frequently. It will be healthier to measure once a week, at the same time and after leaving the sink.
- If you are tracking your weight at home, prepare a notebook and write down your measurements once a week in this notebook.
- If you constantly measure weight, this will reduce motivation and make you think enough to affect your intestines.
15) Dehydrating the Body
- Did you know that the water you drink during the weight-loss period is losing weight from you?
- It is recommended for those who want to lose weight to drink plenty of water. When you dehydrate the body, your metabolic rate decreases and fat burning does not occur.
- To lose weight, you should drink an average of 3 liters of water during the day.
- If you are not good with water, you can color your water.
- You can lose weight faster thanks to the water you add lemon slices, orange slices, mint leaves and cinnamon sticks.