What is Zinc Found in? Deficiency Symptoms and Benefits
The secret of a healthy life is hidden in a healthy body. In order to lead a problem-free and peaceful life; Whatever is necessary for human health should not be neglected. In order for the individual to breathe healthily throughout his life; It is necessary for the body to meet the necessary vitamins and minerals. While these minerals are sometimes taken from foods in nature, sometimes they are produced by the human body. This article has been prepared with your health in mind and is presented to you so that your life can continue in healthier conditions.
In order for your immune system to be more resistant and your metabolic activities to work better, we will inform you about the “zinc mineral” in this article. You can see the importance of the zinc mineral for your life in the bottom lines. Here is everything you wonder about zinc for your healthy days.
What is Zinc?
Zinc is a very important mineral for the functioning of the body. It is supplied externally. It is found naturally in some foods, and when these foods are consumed, the need for zinc is met. In a person’s body, it is mostly located in the muscles, eyes, kidneys and liver.
Zinc takes place in our body as a mineral that is necessary for the functioning of approximately 300 enzymes in the body. Zinc needs to work together with the pancreas for absorption from the intestines. It plays a role together with the enzymes secreted by the pancreas. The daily zinc requirement of an adult individual; It is known as an average of 10 mg.
Zinc is a vitamin that all people should take. It is abundant in meat products. For this reason, vegetarians can get the zinc they need for a healthier life from vegetables.
What Are the Symptoms of Zinc Deficiency?
In cases where the required amount of zinc is not taken during the day, zinc deficiency is observed. As a result of this situation, there may be a number of discomforts that disturb the person and affect his life. Zinc deficiency is determined by blood tests performed under the control of a doctor. Zinc deficiency symptoms are as follows:
- Prolonged loss of appetite.
- Slow development seen in developmental children.
- Frequent illness and weakness in the immune system.
- Delayed maturation of the genitals.
- Diarrhea and fatigue that cause discomfort for a long time.
- Spots around the eyes and on the skin.
- Extremely slow healing of wounds.
- Weight loss in a short time.
- Visible white spots on the nail.
- A diagnosis of severe anemia.
- Visual impairment is one of the signs of zinc deficiency.
- Zinc deficiency is also seen in people who include alcohol in their lives. This is because substances in alcohol slow down the processing of zinc in the body.
- As a result of zinc deficiency, the moisture balance of your skin is disturbed and your skin becomes dry.
What Are the Benefits of Zinc?
We have mentioned that zinc is a very valuable mineral for every human being. Let’s examine together what are the benefits of the curious zinc:
- In people who pay attention to their nutrition, if enough zinc is taken, it will protect their eye health. You need zinc to continue the vision function of the eye.
- Zinc is essential for replenishing the energy you lose during the day. It keeps you vigorous and fit throughout the day.
- Zinc is among the elements that strengthen the immune system. In order not to get sick often and to have a stronger body; Zinc consumption will be very beneficial.
- Zinc ensures faster healing of wounds in your body.
- It is effective in the disappearance of bacteria that cause diarrhea. Zinc has a great role in diarrhea especially in children. Pediatricians recommend zinc supplementation in many cases of diarrhea.
- Zinc is an important substance that nourishes the scalp. Thus, it protects your hair health. You can eliminate problems such as hair loss, dandruff and breakage thanks to zinc.
- Zinc, which provides cell regeneration, also protects your skin health. It takes action to eliminate acne, acne and blemishes on your skin.
- Zinc is very effective for DNA repair. It especially supports the development of the baby in the mother’s womb. Experts underline that zinc intake is very important during pregnancy. Zinc must be met for the development and attachment of the fetus.
- Zinc is also an important mineral for men. Sperm production and quality; dependent on zinc intake.
- Zinc-based creams and moisturizers protect your skin from all kinds of problems. If there is acne, it removes acne. If there is irritation, it destroys the irritation by renewing the cells. If you have dry skin, it moisturizes your skin.
- You can eliminate inflammation in your body with zinc. If you have persistently inflamed skin or intestines, you should pay attention to your zinc intake. Zinc is an anti-inflammatory mineral.
- As a result of the researches, it is stated that zinc fights tumor cells and destroys cancer from the body in the early stages of cancer.
- It is a known fact that it cleanses and purifies the body, as it is an antioxidant mineral.
What is Zinc Found in?
If you are wondering about the foods that contain zinc in nature; Here are those foods listed for you:
- green lentils
- Red meat
- sea products
- feta cheese
- Sunflower seeds
- Wheat seed
- Bulgur wheat
How to Use Zinc Supplements
We have stated that zinc deficiency is seen when zinc is not met from food. In such cases, your doctor; will recommend zinc supplementation to balance the zinc ratio in your body. Supplements will come in the form of nutrients and zinc tablets. Zinc tablets are dissolved in a glass of water and drunk. You can meet your zinc needs just like drinking a cold drink.
Zinc drops, which are as effective as tablets, are also among the supplements. Zinc drops, on the other hand, can be dripped into your food or drinking water as 3 or 4 drops a day. Zinc syrups are sold in pharmacies to support the development of your children. It is generally recommended to consume 10 ml per day.
Zinc vitamin is effective in renewing the cells in your skin. If you want to protect your skin health, you can use zinc creams. In case of burns, redness and irritation, you can apply it by massaging the affected area once a day for better healing of your skin.
How to Determine Zinc Height? How to Drop?
All vitamins and minerals should be taken in a certain amount. When taken more than the ideal amount, they cause some reactions in the body. The same is true for zinc. An adult needs to take an average of 10 mg of zinc per day. When an amount of zinc is taken above this figure, a high level of zinc is experienced. This condition is also called zinc poisoning.
Symptoms of high zinc; nausea, vomiting and dizziness. Along with these symptoms; The person’s immune system is weakened and iron absorption may be impaired. Thus, on the way to correcting the zinc deficiency in the person, iron deficiency is experienced. In order to prevent any possible discomfort, you should pay attention to the moderation of your nutrition program during the day.
In cases of high zinc levels, your doctor will give you special medications. When you want to reduce the excess zinc taken with the most natural method, you should consume plenty of water. And you should definitely pay attention to milk consumption during the day.