What is White Vinegar? What are the Benefits?
Vinegar is a special substance used in many different areas in all ancient civilizations that have lived on earth, especially the Egyptians and Greeks. In the past, it was used as a flavoring in meals, as well as in medicine.
Vinegar varieties, which are also used as cleaning materials, maintain their popularity today. White vinegar, which can be used in different areas, is a very economical vinegar due to its ease of production. In addition to its cheapness, white vinegar can be used safely in cleaning processes due to its structure that does not contain harmful substances to human health.
So, is it okay to drink white vinegar? White vinegar is a very useful vinegar due to its antioxidant vitamins and acetic acid content. White vinegar, which is diluted and drunk daily, supports the treatment of many health problems.
What is White Vinegar?
White vinegar, which has a more transparent color than other vinegars, is also known as vinegar spirit. The usage areas of white vinegar, which is widely used due to its economy, are also noteworthy. Since there are so many types of vinegar in our country, the use of white vinegar is more popular abroad.
White vinegar, which is obtained as a result of fermenting corn or sugar beet, has a high alcohol content and can therefore be used as a disinfectant.
White vinegar, which is effective in every area from the dandruff on the scalp to the cleaning of every kind of furniture in the house, gives a different aroma to the salads. This vinegar, which stands out with its health benefits, can also be used safely for cleaning sinks and toilets with its effective and natural cleaner feature.
Since it is a renewable product, people who are especially sensitive about environmental health prefer to clean with plenty of white vinegar. Since it is made using grains with a high carbohydrate content, it has a milder odor and taste than other types of vinegar.
Why Is White Vinegar Made?
One of the curious subjects about white vinegar is the question of what white vinegar is made from. White vinegar, in which corn or sugar beet sugar is used, is a type of vinegar containing 5% acetic acid. The white vinegar obtained as a result of the fermentation process is quite easy to make.
A structure called the mother of vinegar is needed to make white vinegar at home. It takes effort and patience to make vinegar at home. Vinegar varieties in the markets are made in a shorter time as they are a product of refining.
When vinegar is first established, a gel-like layer forms on it. This layer is defined as the mother of vinegar. Clean water, corn or sugar beet and legumes such as bulgur or chickpeas are required for the formation of this layer. Mix these ingredients, put them in a glass jar, close the lid of the jar well and put it in a place out of direct sunlight at room temperature. Mix the mother of white vinegar only once for 20 days. Then add the mother of white vinegar into as much clean water as you want. Keep it tightly closed for 20 days. Then strain your vinegar and here is your homemade white vinegar.
What are the Benefits of White Vinegar?
- White vinegar, which slows down the conversion of consumed foods into sugar due to the acetic acid in its content, has an antidiabetic effect by regulating the glucose level in the blood.
- White vinegar, which has a cholesterol-lowering effect, reduces the risk of diseases such as stroke and heart attack.
- It provides higher absorption of calcium by the bones.
- Regular consumption of white vinegar ensures the development of brain tissues and also improves cognitive ability.
- It protects the body from harmful microorganisms. With this feature, white vinegar plays an active role in the treatment of nail fungus.
- Rich in riboflavin, vitamin B1 and various minerals, white vinegar has antioxidant properties. The acetic acid in its content shows anti-cancer effect.
- It is used in the treatment of warts. White vinegar added to bath water helps to relieve itching on the skin.
- It helps to heal wounds due to its antibacterial properties.
- It prevents dandruff on the scalp and makes the hair look more lively and shiny.
- The white vinegar you add to your toothpaste is very beneficial for teeth. It whitens teeth and removes bad breath.
- So, can white vinegar be applied to the face? The acetic acid in its content tightens the skin pores and is also beneficial for skin blemishes. Therefore, white vinegar that you add to a clean cotton ball can be used for skin care.
- White vinegar also helps to lighten sunspots on the skin.
What Does White Vinegar Do?
What is the use of white vinegar, which has made a name for itself with its versatile use? Cleaning the house with white vinegar is quite simple and practical:
- It can be used to clean all floor surfaces by adding white vinegar to the cleaning water. Bathroom cleaning can be done with white vinegar, which is a natural disinfectant and contains acid.
- White vinegar, which eliminates harmful microorganisms, is also very useful for ironing.
- White vinegar added to the detergent water can also be used for carpet cleaning.
- The inner and outer surfaces of pots and pans can be cleaned by adding white vinegar to the dough prepared by adding equal amounts of flour and salt.
- You can use white vinegar together with baking soda to disinfect cutting boards, one of the most contaminated tools in the kitchen.
- Adding white vinegar to the dishwasher provides better cleaning of the dishes.
- White vinegar can also be used as a softener. You can prepare a softener with a glass of white vinegar, two glasses of water, half a glass of baking soda and a few drops of vegetable oil, and protect your laundry from chemical effects.
- In addition, white vinegar is very effective in cleaning glass.
- One of the areas where white vinegar is used most is in the washing of vegetables and fruits. Vegetables and fruits can be cleaned and used safely with white vinegar added to the washing water.
Does White Vinegar Make You Weak?
Due to its regulating effect on blood sugar, white vinegar is supportive in weight loss. The antioxidants in its content ensure the removal of toxic substances from the body. Thus, edema removal from the body is accelerated. In addition, white vinegar, which accelerates metabolism, makes it easier to lose weight when consumed regularly. White vinegar consumed by adding it to water before meals helps to control the appetite.
When added to salads, the product, which creates a feeling of satiety in the stomach, prevents carbohydrates from being stored as fat. White vinegar, which brings a different flavor to some dishes and sauces with its unique light aroma, is more effective when consumed on an empty stomach in the morning. However, those who have stomach problems should pay attention to the consumption of white vinegar on an empty stomach. The acid in its content can be harmful in diseases such as ulcers or gastritis.