What is Tarragon Grass? Benefits, Use in Food
Tarragon Grass: The Green Gold of Ottoman Cuisine
The right address for everything our body needs is nature itself! This is exactly what lies behind the tendency towards nature and nature lately. We can eat the best of everything from nature and we do not cut off our contact with it for a healthier life. What we learn from nature does not come easily. Today, you will meet one of the blessings of nature that you may not have encountered before: Tarragon!
What is Tarragon Grass?
- So what is this tarragon? What does tarragon grass look like? Tarragon, whose homeland is Siberia, is a member of the daisy family.
- It has distinctive elongated leaves, light green color and a pungent but pleasant scent. Today in Europe it is often grown in culture.
- People living in different countries are wondering what tarragon grass means in English or what tarragon grass means in German. English “tarragon”, German “estragon” is the name given to this herb.
- If you are wondering where tarragon grows , the main cities where tarragon is grown in our country can be listed as Ankara, Erzurum, Bayburt, Gaziantep and Şanlıurfa .
- Tarragon, which is an indispensable spring of French cuisine and can be used in many different dishes, is also known by other names.
- Among them, dragon grass, green gold, and dragon are the main ones.
- The answer to the question of when tarragon grows and when tarragon grows is not once a year, as in most plants. If well cared for, tarragon seedlings can be mowed three times a year.
What Are the Benefits of Tarragon Grass?
- It can be used as a highly effective appetite suppressant. Especially if you are suffering from not gaining weight, tarragon grass can cure your problem.
- It increases the number of digestive secretions by supporting them and in this way helps digestion. Accordingly, it is also good for stomach pains.
- It is a good reliever for stomach and intestinal gases. It can also be used for bloating, especially after meals. It eases digestion and relaxes you a lot. It is a diuretic. If you have bloating and gas problems, you can try tarragon.
- It is used to relieve the aches and pains that become the fearful dream of women from time to time during menstrual periods .
- Among the benefits of tarragon, there is also an anti-edema feature. You can remove the salt and water collected in various parts of your body with the help of tarragon.
- Thanks to its beautiful and effective smell, it is a solution to the problem of bad breath.
- It has antiseptic properties. In this way, it fights all kinds of microbes that exist in your body. Especially when it is drunk as a tea, it fights against tooth and gingivitis and prevents the occurrence of these disorders.
- We can answer those who ask what is tarragon herb good for. Here is another great benefit; It is a good supporter in eliminating problems such as insomnia and stress that you often encounter in today’s busy and stressful life conditions. It helps the nervous system to function properly.
- Finally, it has a nourishing, strengthening, and long-lasting tonic effect.
In Which Meals Is Tarragon Grass Used?
- When you ask in which dishes tarragon herb is used, which we have explained in detail, the first answer we will give is meat, chicken and fish dishes. You can also use it as a flavor enhancer in vegetable soups and juicy dishes. Lasagna and egg dishes are among the other dishes that tarragon grass suits.
- It is necessary to know the answer to the question of where tarragon is used, as well as in what quantities it is used.
- Tarragon, a mildly sweet spice, has a powerful effect. For this reason, use this spice in small amounts in your meals so that you do not feel like you are just eating tarragon. In addition, the longer the spice stays in the cooking water, the more aroma it leaves on the food. Therefore, you can get better results if you add a trace amount of food to the water at the beginning stage, not after the food is cooked.
- Tarragon also pairs well with vinegar. You can get a much more delicious vinegar when you throw one or two thin tarragon branches into the vinegar bottle. For this process, if possible, prefer wet tarragon. If you can’t find it, dried tarragon will also work. The only point you should pay attention to is that you have to wait between one and two weeks to see the effect of tarragon on vinegar. You need this time for the flavor of the spice to pass into the vinegar.
- It is possible to consume the vinegar you obtain in your salads with peace of mind. On the other hand, in countries such as Russia, Armenia, and Azerbaijan, tarragon is also used in the production of carbonated beverages apart from cooking.
- Of course, it is also possible to consume tarragon as tea. Wait for a piece of tarragon grass, which you put in hot water, to brew well. After the brewing process is completed, you can strain the tea and drink it with pleasure.
- If you set out by saying what to use instead of tarragon, you will see vinegar, pepper and salt. Tarragon, which has a bitter-sour aroma and a bitter taste, should be used in moderation due to its intense fragrance.
Tasty Tricks of Tarragon
- Apart from all these, an answer we can give to the question of how to use tarragon grass is that the tarragon branches should be cleaned thoroughly before using it.
- Otherwise, the branches of the plant may come into your mouth while you are eating and disturb you.
- Also, chop the dried tarragon leaves as much as possible before using them.
- After all this advice and information sharing, consult your doctor before you start using tarragon tea regularly.
Where to Buy Tarragon Grass?
- Tarragon is available and sold in two different forms.
- This plant, which is usually used fresh, can also be preferred in dried form for those who like a sharper aroma.
- For comparison, 2 grams of dried tarragon is equivalent to 10 grams of fresh tarragon! For this reason, it is useful to be careful when using dried tarragon in meals, because it can suppress the taste of the food.
- It can be obtained from herbalists or markets where all kinds of spices are available, along with dried tarragon twigs.
- You can also grow this herb yourself. For this reason, do not think about where to find tarragon seeds and how to get them.
- As you can find in many stores selling flowers and seedlings, today you can easily order tarragon seeds or tarragon seedlings online.
- After soaking the seeds you bought in water for 1 day, you can leave them in the soil, keeping them moist to accelerate their germination. In this way, you will have your tarragon in a short time.
Tarragon Grass Price How Much?
- Like many other herbs and spices, tarragon can last for a long time in conditions such as dry and cool weather.
- Spices used in small quantities can meet your wishes all year.
- Therefore, once you buy it, you can now benefit from this herb for a long time.
- You can easily find tarragon in many supermarkets today, or you can buy it online. The price of tarragon may vary depending on where you buy it. While the average price for 100 grams is between 25 and 35 liras, you can buy the seed rather than the grass and grow it yourself at home and cost less.
What are the Harms of Tarragon Grass?
- Excessive consumption of tarragon grass can lead to negative effects and destruction on the digestive and excretory systems. Therefore, consult a specialist before using it.
- Tarragon grass is not directly related to allergies for all bodies, but it may have an allergenic effect according to individual characteristics and health status. Therefore, it is useful to be careful with herbs that you have never tasted before.
- Always avoid excessive consumption in order not to encounter such negativities, which can be counted among the damages of tarragon.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding, never act without consulting your doctor. Do not stay under the supervision of a physician, especially if you have a goal of losing weight.
Does Tarragon Make You Weak?
- Although tarragon is known as a harmless appetite stimulant, many of its benefits also help weight loss efforts. Chief among these is the diuretic effect.
- It also relieves gas in the intestines and stomach.
- It helps you get rid of salt and water that cause edema in your body.
- Depending on all these reasons, you can add tarragon tea to your diet list, after consulting your doctor, of course.
- For this, throw one or two spoons of dried tarragon leaves into a glass of boiled water and let it brew. After five minutes, your tea is ready.
- Tarragon herb is mixed with sage, mint, and lemon and consumed as a detox tea. With this mixture, you can cleanse your body of toxins.