What is Mangosteen Fruit? 9 Amazing Benefits
What is Mangosteen Fruit?
- Mangosteen fruit is known as the fruit of the gods in many sources.
- This fruit is collected from a tree that can reach 6 to 25 meters tall.
- It is stated that the person who introduced the mangosteen fruit to Europe for the first time and made the name of this fruit known was the Portuguese Garcia de Orta.
- Mangosteen fruit attracts attention with its outer shell. Inside the peel, there is a fruit similar to tangerine slices. These fruits somewhat resemble garlic cloves.
- The fruits in the peel are 5 or 7 slices and the texture is a mixture of banana and pineapple.
- According to those who taste this fruit; The taste of mangosteen has an aroma in a pineapple or grape blend.
- Mangosteen is as big as an orange. One of them weighs an average of 150 grams.
9 Amazing Benefits of Mangosteen Fruit
- Mangosteen is preferred for regulating the intestines in cases of diarrhea. It cuts diarrhea.
- As it is a powerful antioxidant, it purifies the body from harmful toxins. It removes infection and inflammation.
- Mangosteen, which has a fibrous structure, can be added to diet meals. It works the intestines.
- It protects the health of mother and baby during pregnancy. It provides cell regeneration.
- Mangostan maintains the quality of red blood cells and fights anemia.
- Thanks to its ability to strengthen the body’s immune system, it prevents serious diseases such as tuberculosis.
- Mangosteen, which has a high vitamin value, builds a wall against heart diseases as it balances blood pressure.
- Mangosteen fruit is also known to protect brain health. Eliminates distraction and strengthens memory.
- Both the mangosteen fruit and the peel of the fruit are effective for the skin. You can boil the peel and purify your skin from harmful substances.
Mangosteen Calories and Nutritional Values
Let us remind you that nutritionists emphasize the consumption of mangosteen in season. This fruit helps those who want to lose weight due to its fibrous structure and low calorie. It contains vitamins B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, B9, C, calcium, phosphorus, potassium, iron, magnesium, manganese, sodium, zinc. How many calories are in mangosteen fruit? Which vitamins and how much does it contain? Let’s find answers to these questions now!
- 10 grams of mangosteen: 7 calories
- 50 grams of mangosteen: 37 calories
The list of vitamins and minerals you will get from a 50 gram portion of mangosteen is as follows:
- 8.96 grams of Carbs
- 0.21 grams of Protein
- 0.29 grams Fat
- 0.9 grams of Fiber
- 3.5mg Sodium
- 24mg Potassium
- 6mg Calcium
- 17.5 iu of vitamin A
- 1.45mg Vitamin C
- 0.15 Iron
Where Does Mangosteen Grow?
- Mangosteen is a beloved fruit of Asian countries. This exotic fruit, which grows productively in Asian soils, is also seen on Jolo Island in the Philippines.
- Mangostan, which is frequently grown in Malaya and Sunda Islands, is the herbal medicine of these regions.
How to Eat Mangosteen Fruit
- The parts remaining inside the mangosteen fruit are eaten.
- To consume this fruit, you can first remove the outer peel, just like watermelon slices or peeling an orange.
- The inner part of the fruit separated from its shell; You can get it on the plate with the help of a teaspoon.
- You can use gloves while peeling the mangosteen. Because when the purple color on the outer shell gets on your hands, it leaves its color on your hand for a while.
- You can consume the fruit raw. If you wish, you can provide sweet touches by using it to decorate yogurt or ice cream .
- The part inside the mangosteen has a refreshing and sweet taste.
- It is also known that dysentery is treated thanks to the minerals found in the extracts of this fruit. In special medicines, mangosteen extract is used.