What Is Good For Heel Cracks? 9 Natural Remedies
Although it is not mentioned much, heel crack is a problem seen in the general public. Treatment of heel cracks, which occur for various reasons such as untreated calluses, dry skin, and standing for a long time, is often not in the hospital. It is often seen as an aesthetic problem.
However, if it is not cured and continues for a long time if additional problems such as inflammation occur, a doctor should be consulted.
Today, many people struggling with this problem are looking for an answer to the question of how the heel crack passes. You can prevent this problem from occurring by doing regular foot care before heel cracks occur. If the heel crack is newly formed, you can stop the crack from multiplying by moisturizing your feet and heels.
If you have cracks in your heels, it is possible to get rid of this problem with simple and cost-free methods that you can easily apply at home. Here are the natural solutions for cracked heels…
What Is Good For Heel Cracks? 9 Natural Remedies
If you are looking for a herbal solution for a cracked heel, we must say that you are at the right address. You can eliminate the heel crack problem by applying the methods we will list now at home.
- Lemon, which is good for many skin-related problems, prevents cracking by softening the skin thanks to its acidic structure.
- If the cracks in your heel bother you; Add some lemon juice to warm water and soak your feet in this water for about 15 minutes. Then brush your heel with the help of a pumice stone.
- Finally, wash your feet with clean water and dry them with a towel.
- The point you need to pay attention to when applying this method is that the water is not too hot. Because hot water causes your skin to dry and therefore your heels to crack more.
2) Vegetable Essential Oils
- Olive oil, coconut oil, sesame oil or almond oil… The common feature of these oils, which are said to be very good for the skin, is that they moisturize the skin naturally.
- To get rid of heel crack; After soaking your feet in warm water for a while, rub your heel with a pumice stone. Then clean and dry your feet. Then massage the soles of your feet with one of the essential oils of your choice. After this process, put on socks on your feet and sleep like this.
- When you wake up in the morning, the softness on your heels will surprise you. You can repeat this method every night until the cracks on your heels are completely gone.
- Vaseline is another natural solution we can recommend to those who ask what to do for cracked heels. You can get support from Vaseline to soften your heel and give your skin the moisture it needs.
- As with essential oils, after soaking your feet in warm water, rub your heels with a pumice stone. Then apply a lot of Vaseline to all your feet and sleep like this after putting on socks on your feet.
- When you wake up in the morning, there will be a serious softening in your heel.
- If you wish, you can mix Vaseline with a teaspoon of lemon juice and apply it to your feet.
- It is recommended to do this application every day until the crack in the heel is gone.
4) Moisturizing Cream
- After washing the feet in lukewarm water every evening, cleaning them with a Posa stone and then applying moisturizing cream to the soles of the feet allows the heel crack to pass quickly.
- Applying this method after every shower prevents the formation of heel cracks.
- Thanks to the antibacterial and moisturizing properties of the miraculous nutrient honey, you can quickly get rid of heel cracks.
- For this you need to do; Adding some honey to a bowl of warm water and keeping your feet in this water for 15 minutes.
- Then, as in other methods, you need to rinse your feet, dry them and brush your heels with a pumice stone.
- You can apply this method until the cracks on your heels disappear completely.
6) Ripe Banana
- You can benefit from the moisturizing properties of bananas for soft and smooth heels.
- After mashing and mashing a ripe banana, rub your heels with the mashed banana.
- If possible, leave the mashed banana on your feet for 5-10 minutes.
- Then clean your feet with warm water. Afterward, soak your feet in cold water for 5-10 minutes.
7) Rice Flour
- Thanks to the exfoliating rice flour, you can throw the dead skin on your heels and thus prevent cracks. With the recipe we will give you now, you will be able to moisturize your skin while getting rid of dead skin on your feet.
- Let’s get to the recipe: Mix 1 handful of rice flour with a few teaspoons of honey and apple cider vinegar until it becomes a paste. Soak your feet in warm water for 10-15 minutes, then pat dry. Finally, rub your heels with the paste you prepared.
8) Epsom Salt
- The best way to prevent and eliminate heel cracks is to keep the skin moist. With Epsom salt, you can both moisturize your heels and improve circulation.
- Put Epsom salt in a bucket of warm water and soak your feet in this water for at least 10 minutes.
- After the time is up, rub your softened heels with a pumice stone.
- Then soak your feet in Epsom salt water for 10 minutes again.
- Finally, dry your feet and apply moisturizer to your heels. With this method, we can guarantee that you will get rid of your heel cracks in a short time.
9) Rose Water and Glycerin
- When glycerin and rose water are used together, it heals cracked heels in a short time.
- Glycerin, which is widely used in the cosmetics industry, softens the skin.
- Rosewater, on the other hand, protects the skin thanks to its antiseptic, antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties and vitamins it contains.
- To benefit from the healing power of glycerin and rose water, all you have to do is mix both ingredients equally.
- Rub the mixture on your heels and feet before going to bed at night, then put on a pair of socks and go to sleep.
What Causes Cracked Heel?
- Standing a lot (especially on hard floors)
- Feet staying in shoes for a long time
- Wrong choice of shoes
- skin dryness
- lack of moisture
- Dehydration of the skin
- dry air
- Untreated calluses
- Inadequate foot care
- Unhealthy and malnutrition
- Chronic skin problems such as psoriasis, eczema
- thyroid disease