What is Concentrate? Natural, Intense Juice
We often see the word concentrate on juice packaging. So if we ask you what is concentrate, what would your answer be? Although we come across this word often, many of us do not know what it means and how it is produced.
Fruit juice concentrate is a product obtained entirely from fruit. Fruits harvested in their season cannot be stored for a long time. Therefore, it is evaporated. As a result of this process, fruit juice concentrate is obtained. These products do not contain any preservatives. Only some products have added sugar.
Did you know that you can easily prepare juice concentrate at home? Here are the most clicked homemade fruit juice concentrates of our site …
What Does Concentrate Mean? How is it done?
- The meaning of the word concentrate is often confused. Let’s see what concentrate means!
- According to the Turkish Language Association, the word concentrated means intense.
- We often see this word, which came into our language from French, especially in the packaging of juice boxes.
- Concentrate refers to fruit concentrate.
- As it is known, 85-90 percent of fruits consist of water. The product obtained by evaporation of this water is called fruit juice concentrate.
- The word concentrate is also used in milk production. You must have heard the expression of concentrated milk! This expression means condensed milk.
- This product is obtained by boiling the milk for a while and disappearing the steam in it. The milk, which loses its steam, decreases a little, but finds its own essence, and its taste becomes much more delicious.
- This product is generally used as a thickener and flavor enhancer in dessert recipes.
Homemade Concentrated Juices
Preparation for Winter: Natural Winter Peach Juice
- Would you like to consume the same peach juice, which refreshes you on hot summer days, in winter as well?
- If your answer is “yes”, we must say from the beginning that the recipe we are going to give now is for you.
- Plus, you don’t need a lot of ingredients for this recipe.
- You can prepare this unique flavor with only 4 kilograms of peaches, 1200 liters of drinking water, 3 glasses of sugar, 1 teaspoon of lemon salt.
- Not forgetting, you will also need a sterilized jar lid.
- If you wish, you can boil one of the jar lids at home and use it. However, you should be careful that this cover is not too old.
Easy to Make: Apricot Juice Concentrate
- Apricot juice, which is one of the drinks that many people love with its unique taste, is also very good for the problem of constipation.
- If you want to drink homemade apricot juice in every season of the year, you should definitely try the recipe we will share now. This recipe requires 2 kilos of apricots, 1 glass of drinking water and 2 glasses of sugar.
- We start the concentrated juice preparation by washing the apricots first.
- Then chop the apricots and put them in a large pot. Add drinking water and boil it.
- In the meantime, do not forget to mix the apricots from time to time. Otherwise, the apricots may stick to the bottom of the pot. Add the above-mentioned amount of sugar on the cooked apricots.
- When the sugar melts, pass the apricots through the blender and fill them in jars while they are boiling.
- Turn the filled jars upside down and wait for them to cool. After cooling, you can store the jars in a dry and cool cabinet.
Homemade Natural Cherry Syrup
- Making concentrated cherry juice at home is much easier than you think.
- Unlike other concentrated drink recipes, there is no boiling step in this recipe.
- All you have to do is dilute a kilo of cherries with 4 liters of drinking water and some sugar.
- First, wash the cherries. Then squeeze out the seeds and the husk until it remains.
- Divide the water accumulated at the bottom into jars and put them in the freezer. You can dilute and drink the cherry syrup you have prepared whenever you want.
Everyone’s Favorite: Plum Juice Concentrate
- We continue our list with prune juice concentrate, which is loved by everyone, big and small.
- You can turn the damson plums you buy from the market or market in the summer into concentrated fruit juice and drink it in the winter.
- First of all, wash 1.5 kilos of plums well and remove the seeds. Then cut the plums into small pieces and put them in a large pot.
- Add a little more than half a glass of sugar to it. Turn on the stove and bring it to a boil. Run the mixture through the blender.
- Add cinnamon and 2-3 glasses of boiled water on it and boil it one more time. That is all. Finally, pour the juice into the jars and put the jars in a cool place.
Vitamin C Depot Lemonade Concentrate
- We are here with a very easy recipe. Moreover, for this recipe you will only need 2 oranges and 2 lemons.
- All you have to do is squeeze the oranges and lemons and fill them in small plastic bottles. Then put these pet bottles in the freezer.
- You can drink this water you have prepared by taking it out of the freezer at any time and diluting it.
- If you wish, you can sweeten the mixture with sugar. It’s that easy to make concentrated lemonade!