What is Citrus? 7 Types of Super Vitamins
Citrus fruits are one of the most colorful products of fruit aisles. In most stalls, citrus fruits are used to decorate the aisle. It is a group of fruits with slightly rough peels. These fruits have numerous benefits both inside and out.
Thanks to the useful citrus types, the body protects itself against diseases. Citrus fruits, which are effective from winter infections to cancer diseases; It is frequently grown in the Mediterranean and Aegean provinces in Turkey. From fruit plates to salads and the most delicious drinks, citrus varieties are helpful in the most beneficial and delicious recipes.
Citrus fruits, which are rich in vitamins C and antioxidant substances, are also rich in flavonoids. Flavonoids fight free radicals and are responsible for people of all ages to have a healthier life. Thanks to the benefits of citrus fruits that support physical and mental development, people live away from diseases.
What is Citrus?
- Those who have not heard the name of citrus before; might be thinking what does citrus mean? The origin of this word is very old. All fruits from the citrus family are called citrus fruits in the aisles.
- Citrus or citrus names will remind you of the fruits on our list.
- You can find the answer to the question of what are the strongest citrus fruits that are frequently consumed in our country and that protect the immune system, by reading our list to the end.
Citrus Varieties List
- Lemon is a type of citrus with strong antioxidant properties and is used in a variety of ways. You can see it in the aisles every month of the year.
- By adding a small lemon slice to the tea, you can make the taste of the tea a little sour. You can offer a delicious service to your guests by preparing appetizing desserts such as sauces and cookies for milk desserts with lemon, which is high in vitamin C.
- Since lemon is a citrus fruit that helps to burn fat, it is a fruit frequently consumed by those who want to lose weight. Thanks to a few slices of lemon added to drinking water; metabolism will be active.
- Lemon is a natural antibiotic that clears the infection in a short time. It is recommended to consume it in moderation, as it has blood-thinning properties.
- Mandarin, the orange fruit of temperate climates, has a self-splicing structure. After peeling the shell, you can consume it comfortably and with pleasure.
- Mandarin is a useful food used in jams and juice making. Since it has an acidic structure, it is given to babies after asking the doctor.
- Depending on the type of tangerine, it is sometimes seeded and sometimes seedless.
- This citrus fruit, which has a very affordable market value, is a symbol of the winter season. This soft, medium-sized citrus fruit is very beneficial for cardiovascular health.
- Orange, which has a harder structure than tangerines, differs from other citrus fruits in that its peel is also hard.
- You can get help from the knife to peel the peel of the orange. Orange is an indispensable ingredient of both bakery products and beverages.
- Orange, a fruit that is consumed very often for its taste and the healing it distributes, is widely seen in the Mediterranean and Aegean provinces.
- Orange, which is generally harvested and consumed in winter, is also harvested in the Mediterranean in summer.
- Grapefruit is a type of citrus the size of an orange and the softness of a tangerine.
- Grapefruit is in the more sour group compared to other citrus fruits due to its taste. It is very powerful in preventing heart diseases.
- It is known to some that its taste is somewhat bitter. In order for grapefruit to be consumed more easily, it can be drunk by preparing fruit juice with orange.
- You can strengthen your body resistance by consuming this citrus fruit throughout the winter. Thanks to its rich nutritional value, the healing you are looking for against diseases can be found in 1 grapefruit!
- Kumquat, also known as kumquat, is an olive-sized, lemon-shaped, slightly sour citrus fruit with a taste reminiscent of tangerine.
- Kumquat has taken a characteristic from all citrus fruits. Jam, juice, and dessert sauce are prepared with this fruit.
- Vitamin C, antioxidants, and minerals are contained in kumquat. Kumquat is both an ornamental plant and a fruit that cures various diseases.
- Kumquat, harvested near the end of the summer season, will bring healing and health to the house it enters.
- Lime is a citrus fruit of the lemon type. It differs from the familiar yellow lemon, as the color of its outer peel is green.
- Lime, which has a seedless structure, is also known as “lime”. The peel is very thin and soft.
- Slightly smaller than yellow lemons, limes can be used anywhere, just like yellow lemons.
- Lime benefits come to mind in clearing infection, regulating blood circulation, and relieving body aches.
- Bergamot, which is frequently used in the field of aromatherapy, is used in all areas thanks to the pleasant smell it spreads to the environment.
- Thanks to the oil taken from bergamot, room fragrances and colognes are prepared.
- Bergamot leaves are dried and blended with tea. This blend offers you tea with bergamot.
- This citrus fruit, which has high antioxidant properties, helps to remove toxins in the body and prevents bad breath when consumed.