What is acne? Definitive Treatment
The Most Effective Solutions for Acne Treatment
As a medical term, acne is the name given to acne that appears in the puberty stage of young people when they pass into adulthood and originates from the sebaceous glands on the skin. According to studies, acne occurs in approximately 85% of adolescents and usually continues until the age of 17-18 in girls and 19-20 in boys. Acne, which causes redness and swelling on the skin, is more dominant in men than in women.
What is acne?
- Acne or acne, which is a treatable skin disease, is a skin problem that can cause psychological disorders, especially in young people.
- Since acne originates from the sebaceous glands and hair follicles, it is seen not only in young and adolescent people but also in all age groups.
- In addition, acne can occur in many parts of the body, such as the back, shoulders or armpits, apart from the face area.
- Therefore, acne, one of the most common skin diseases, is easily affected by seasonal variables.
- For example, increased oil secretion with the effect of sun or sweating in summer can increase acne formation.
How to Treat Acne?
- There are many different medical or herbal methods for acne treatment.
- These methods vary according to the types of acne and the source of the acne.
- On the other hand, prevention of acne formation is at least as important as acne treatment.
- In order to prevent acne, first of all, it is necessary to give importance to skincare and cleaning. Washing your face twice a day with warm water and cleansers suitable for your skin will reduce oil formation and prevent acne breakouts.
- Oil-based cleansers should not be preferred for face cleaning.
- On the other hand, washing the face too much can increase acne proneness. For this reason, you can reduce your tendency to acne by deciding on the most suitable cleansers for your skin with an expert.
- Acne treatment shows results in a long time. The results of the treatment are usually seen in the second month. In other words, sometimes it may be necessary to wait for months in the treatment of acne.
- Treatment of mild acne is usually done with the help of solutions, gels, or antibiotic creams applied to the skin.
- Since these products suppress oil formation, they can dry out your skin. For this reason, you can use water-based moisturizers with such products.
- Oral treatment is preferred instead of creams in moderate acne. Oral antibiotics are effective against bacteria and reduce inflammation.
- Birth control pills come to the fore in the treatment of acne caused by hormones. Today, in addition to acne medication and cream, peeling, chemical peeling or laser applications can be counted for treatment.
Acne Treatment: 12 Natural Remedies at Home
- Acne is acne that usually appears during adolescence.
- The feature that distinguishes these pimples from other pimples is that they stay on the skin longer.
- Since their structure is oily, an oily appearance occurs when spread on the skin.
- Acne, which is sometimes red and sometimes inflamed, can be experienced up to 30 years of age.
- Conditions that trigger acne are more than one.
- The most basic of these factors is entering the adolescence period.
- With the effect of changing hormones, the skin wants to be renewed, and acne occurs from time to time during this innovation.
- Acne that occurs outside of adolescence sometimes bothers people during pregnancy and sometimes in stress-related situations.
- However, there is a solution to this problem.
- If you have been bothered by acne when you look in the mirror lately; You can resort to natural methods for acne skin treatment.
- Thanks to the herbs for the acne treatment that nature offers you, you can clear acne from your skin in a few days.
In this article, which we have prepared for those who say how to treat acne at home as soon as possible, there are acne treatment skincare tips. Now you will have cleaner and purer skin!
- Lavender oil
- Coffee Ground
- Lemon and Baking soda
- Clay mask
- Aloe Vera Gel
- Cucumber and Yogurt Mask
- Honey Turmeric Mask
- Apricot Oil
- Garlic Puree
- Apple Cider Vinegar and Yogurt
- Cinnamon and Lemon Juice
- Cinnamon and Honey Mask
1) Lavender Oil
- Lavender oil, which is one of the ways to easily clean the acnes that tire the skin from time to time, supports skin regeneration.
- It has the task of renewing the spotty structure by repairing damaged and withered skin.
- Applying lavender oil to your skin with a cotton pad every night before going to sleep helps you to clear acne.
2) Coffee Grounds
- The antioxidant substances in coffee will support the repair of the skin and the removal of inflammation.
- To get rid of acne, you can apply freshly prepared coffee grounds to your face and make a mask.
- It is recommended not to use drinking coffee. In some cases, it has been observed that bacteria in the mouth damage the skin. You can dry and eliminate acne by trying coffee grounds often.
3) Lemon and Baking Soda
- Thanks to the vitamin C and antioxidant substances in lemon, acne will be cleared in a short time.
- When you mix baking soda and lemon to a creamy consistency, you can obtain a natural mask that creates a peeling effect.
- A Lemon carbonated mask will make it easier to clear acne and regenerate the skin.
4) Clay Mask
- Clay mask, which has been widely used since ancient times, has the task of clearing acne and spread acne.
- You can take clay into powder and prepare a mask with warm water.
- When you apply the clay mask to your face once in 2 days; You can eliminate difficult acne such as acne from your skin.
- As it is a completely natural material, while renewing the cells; It will also nourish your skin.
5) Aloe Vera Gel
- Antioxidant substances in aloe vera gel prevent the reoccurrence of acne and clear existing acne in a short time.
- Aloe vera gel, which also prevents the formation of spots on the skin after acne, gives effective results in regular use.
- You can remove the natural aloe vera gel and apply it to the acne area to clean the acne that occurs during puberty and from time to time with the herbal method.
6) Cucumber and Yogurt Mask
- Your yogurt is nutritious; On the other hand, thanks to the regenerative effect of cucumber, you can get rid of acne in a few days.
- Every night before sleeping, mix cucumber puree and yogurt and rub it on your skin. After 15 minutes, clean your skin with warm water.
- As a result of regular use, you can see that acne is cleared soon.
7) Honey Turmeric Mask
- Honey is a very powerful antioxidant substance. Turmeric is a natural antibiotic that is as effective as honey.
- A useful mask for acne is prepared from two ingredients.
- If desired, you can mix honey and turmeric to prepare your natural cream.
- Wait by applying this mask to your skin every night before going to sleep. After 20 minutes, you can clean your skin with warm water.
- When you see that the honey and turmeric mask removes acne, your baby skin will be reflected in the mirror even more renewed.
8) Apricot Oil
- Do you know that you can dry acne by using apricot oil?
- If you have spread acne on your skin; Thanks to apricot oil, you can have a smooth appearance.
- You can eliminate acne in a short time with apricot oil that you apply to your skin every night before sleeping.
- You do not need to clean apricot oil.
- Before sleeping, massage your skin with a cotton ball and wait for the skin to absorb this oil.
9) Garlic Puree
- Garlic is a very powerful antibiotic.
- In particular, it helps to naturally clean the filled acne.
- Finely mash the garlic to make a puree.
- Rub it on your acne skin.
- Apply this puree to the acne area for 15 minutes every morning and make it easier to clear acne.
- It will accelerate the drying and cleaning of acne by renewing the skin. It will also prevent acne from reoccurring.
10) Apple Cider Vinegar and Yogurt
- There are more beneficial bacteria and nutritious minerals in homemade yogurt.
- A natural mask can be applied by mixing homemade yogurt with apple cider vinegar.
- Make sure to prepare a mixture of apple cider vinegar and yogurt during periods when acne is tiring and spreading to the skin.
- Apply this mask to your skin every night before sleeping and wait for 20 minutes.
- Then clean your skin with lukewarm water.
- Finally, clean the dead skin on your skin with the help of a clean cotton ball.
- With regular use, you can say goodbye to acne.
11) Cinnamon and Lemon Juice
- When the power of lemon juice to repair skin cells and the nourishment of cinnamon come together, acne will be afraid of this mask!
- The rough appearance and skin fatigue caused by acne can be eliminated with an effective mask.
- Cleanse your skin every night by taking the powdered cinnamon added to the lemon juice on a cotton ball.
- After a few days, you may find that your skin is clearer and smoother than before.
12) Cinnamon and Honey Mask
- Honey, which nourishes the skin cells by renewing them, comes together with a little cinnamon.
- Those who try this mask witness that their acne disappears in a few days.
- The honey-cinnamon mask, which is applied to the skin regularly, facilitates the removal of dead skin on your face.
- You can stop acne from tiring your face by trying this mask every night.
- The waiting time of the mask on your skin is 15 minutes. Cleaning with warm water is recommended.
How Is Acne Treated? 3 Acne Mask Recipes
- The treatment of acne, which causes redness and swelling on the skin, differs according to the severity and source of the disease.
- Acne gels and acne cream are the first methods that come to mind in external treatment.
- Antibiotic acne medications are one of the effective solutions that provide the distribution of inflammation.
- Apart from solutions such as drugs and creams, acne patches, acne soap, and acne masks are among the most used methods in acne cleansing and treatment.
- Aloe vera and lemon mask, clay mask, yogurt, and tea tree oil mask, which you can easily make at home, reduce the tendency to acne by balancing oil formation.
1) Aloe Vera and Lemon Mask
- Known for its moisturizing and healing properties, aloe vera is sold in gel form in herbalists and pharmacies.
- Aloe vera, which you can have in your home, is very useful for acne.
- For a natural mask, cut and peel one of the leaf stems of the aloe vera plant and extract the gel inside.
- Cleanse the gelatin mass of the gel by washing it thoroughly.
- Whisk lemon juice with this natural gel to form a mask.
- If the lemon you use is organic, you can also add lemon peel to the mixture.
- Lemon supports the healing effect of aloe vera gel by cleansing the skin and removing excess oil.
2) Clay Mask
- Clay, which has been used to get rid of toxins in the past, is also a very effective substance for acne treatment.
- You can get rid of acne-causing substances by applying clay, which can be obtained from herbalists or pharmacies, as a mask.
- For the clay mask, which is very practical to make, it is sufficient to mix the green powdery clay with a small amount of warm water and add clay or warm water to the mixture until it reaches a spreadable consistency.
- Apply this mask on your face in circular motions and then clean your face with lukewarm water.
3) Yogurt and Tea Tree Oil Mask
- Both yogurt and tea tree oil are excellent balancers for extremely oily skin types.
- Yogurt is known for its moisturizing properties without making your skin greasy.
- Yogurt, which does not dry out normal skin types, also relaxes your skin with its refreshing effect in the summer months.
- Tea tree oil is currently recommended for the treatment of all types of infections.
- You can prepare an effective mask for your acne by adding 15 drops of tea tree oil to a bowl of homemade natural yogurt.
How Is Acne Scars Treated?
- Acne, which is uncomfortable at any age, can leave scars on your skin if not treated correctly. In addition, squeezing acne can cause acne scars in the areas where acne is located. Like scars, acne spots also create a very disturbing image.
- For unwanted scars and stains, there are options such as chemical peels, derma roller treatment, filling process or laser, apart from drugs.
- Medicines applied to the skin are effective in removing light scars. Chemical peels give results on deeper but still superficial scars.
- In peeling, chemical substances are applied to the skin, and stains are removed from the skin.
- One of the most important points is to protect your skin from the sun and moisturize your skin after peeling.
- Therefore, the summer season is not very suitable for peeling. In addition, after the procedure, the skin may dry out, crusting, dandruff and peeling may occur.
Why Does Acne Occur?
Acne can occur for many different reasons:
- Androgens, known as male hormones, are just one of these reasons.
- The male hormone, which increases in girls and boys during puberty and leads to excessive oil production, is the biggest reason for the increase in acne/acne formation during this period.
- Apart from androgens, other causes of acne can be listed as cosmetic products, environmental factors, air pollution and high humidity.
- Although the factor of stress does not cause acne on its own, it is thought that it accelerates the formation of acne.
- Squeezing or destroying pimples can both increase acne formation and lead to undesirable results such as acne pits and scars.
- In addition, contrary to what is commonly known, there is no scientific study that indicates that foods such as chocolate and fatty foods cause and increase acne formation.
- However, if your doctor or you have findings that certain foods increase or trigger your acne, you can reduce your acne tendency by avoiding those types of foods.
How to Fix Acne Pits
- Acne pits are scars that are more noticeable and more uncomfortable than acne spots.
- While chemical peeling is effective in shallow superficial pits, chemical peeling is insufficient in large and deep acne pits with impaired skin integrity.
- In such cases, treatments such as derma roller, filler or laser are applied.
- In some cases, the procedures can be done alone or in some cases in combination.
- In the Dermaroller treatment, micro-channels/wounds are created on the skin with the microneedles in the mini treatment devices that are moved over the face, thereby increasing the blood circulation and accelerating the absorption of the products applied together.
- The wound healing process enables the formation of new connective tissue.