What are the Benefits of Vaseline? Skin Benefits and Use
Vaseline, which continues to be among the indispensable care products of many women today, has a long history. Vaseline cream, which has many uses from skin care to hair and nail care, is a product that can be used not only by women, but also by men and children when needed.
What is Vaseline?
Vaseline is a type of cream or ointment obtained by processing crude oil through certain stages, usually translucent in color and containing mineral oils. Vaseline is petroleum-derived in terms of its content. It is widely used in the cosmetics industry and is found in many skin care products.
What are the Benefits of Vaseline?
- One of the reasons why Vaseline is the most preferred product all over the world is its strong moisturizing feature. This dense product, which is mostly preferred by those with dry, dehydrated and cracked skin, creates a barrier on the skin surface and traps moisture in the skin. Thus, while the skin is protected against external factors such as cold and wind, it does not lose its moisture.
- Vaseline, thanks to its moisturizing feature, often gives effective results in areas such as elbows and heels that need extra care on the body.
- In addition to these, it is also used in eyebrow and eyelash care, hair care and dressings.
- It is a product found in many homes thanks to the benefits of vaseline, which softens the cuticles and removes the hard appearance of the cuticles when used in manicure.
- It has been observed that it is good for chapped and dry lips.
- There are also users who state that good results are obtained when used for minor injuries other than personal care.
- Vaseline can also be used to protect wooden items, polish leather products and remove paint stains.
What are the Benefits of Vaseline for the Skin?
- Although Vaseline is frequently used with its high moisturizing feature, it would be correct to choose a quality product if it is to be applied to the face area.
It may also not be suitable for all skin types. If the product is to be used for the face, an expert opinion should be taken.
- Vaseline should not be used on the face in all cases, the skin structure should be taken into account. For example, vaseline can cause negative results such as acne on oily and clogged skin.
- Vaseline can be applied under the supervision of a doctor to skins that experience excessive dryness or even show signs of eczema. Vaseline will help remove rashes and prevent irritation and itching.
- Aging skin loses its elasticity over time. Among the reasons for this is the slowdown of collagen production with age. Vaseline varieties and derivatives included in many face care creams aim to restore the skin’s elasticity. For this reason, vaseline mask is used by some users. The aim here is to remove wrinkles and fine lines. However, before using Vaseline in this way, a dermatologist’s opinion should be obtained. Afterwards, if necessary, the product can be applied to the face as a thin layer.
How to Use Vaseline for Eyelash and Eyebrow Care?
Eyebrow dyes, mascaras and eyelash curlers used in make-up can weaken and even shed the hairs in these areas over time. On the other hand, like our skin and hair, our eyebrows and eyelashes also need moisture.
Vaseline has recently been used in eyebrow and eyelash care. Moisturizing the eyebrows and eyelashes with Vaseline will give flexibility to the hairs in these areas; however, there are points to be considered while using it. Especially since there is a sensitive area such as the eye, a quality product should be preferred and the application should not be overdone.
A small amount of Vaseline can be applied to the tips of the eyelashes with the help of a cotton swab a few days a week. Care should be taken not to get the product into the eyes during application.
If possible, the application should be done before going to bed at night, opening and closing the eyes continuously during the day may cause Vaseline to get into the eyes. After applying the product similarly to the eyebrows, it should be cleaned with a suitable cleanser.
Curious about Vaseline:
Does Vaseline Enlarge Breast?
The countless uses of Vaseline will have been especially attractive to women, and they did not hesitate to try this product for brand new benefits. One of them finds a place for itself as breast enlargement. There is no clear answer to this question. Some women may look for non-aesthetic breast enlargement methods due to some aesthetic concerns. Applying Vaseline to the breasts is one of these methods.
Although some users state that they apply Vaseline by massaging their breasts for 30 days and get results, such an application of course carries a risk.
There is no proven result that Vaseline enlarges breasts. As with every product, vaseline should not be used unconsciously, an expert should be consulted and the right amount should be applied as the expert deems appropriate.
Vaseline prices vary according to the quality and quantity of the product. Although it seems like a relatively economical option, proven methods should be preferred for such purposes.
Is Vaseline Good For Stretch Marks?
Rapid weight gain and loss, genetic predisposition, hormonal changes and rapid growth can cause cracks in the body. After the cracks form, they often leave scars on the skin. Except for the formation of an undesirable appearance, these traces do not cause any harm.
Although many methods have been tried for the treatment of cracks, the treatment process requires patience and should be done under the control of a specialist. Laser therapy can give effective results in most users, but for some users the problem cannot be completely resolved. For this reason, it will be more beneficial to prevent cracks from the beginning.
The formation of cracks in the body is not the same in everyone. If the person’s connective tissue is suitable for crack formation, he should take precautions before cracks occur. In order to prevent this situation, it is recommended by many experts that the skin is always moist. The skin, which has lost its moisture, cannot protect itself against the causes that pave the way for crack formation and ruptures occur. Vaseline, which traps moisture in the skin, can thus prevent the formation of cracks by preserving the elasticity of the skin.
Is Vaseline Good For Herpes?
Herpes, which is seen in almost many people, can be painful when left untreated or when the right products are not used. At first, herpes starts to make itself felt with itching. The bubbles formed during this process may burst over time and cause wounds. At this point, before the blisters burst and turn into sores, it is necessary to be protected. For this, special medicines can be used for herpes, or if the medicine cannot be reached, help can be obtained from products with moisturizing properties such as vaseline.
When Vaseline is applied on the herpes, it will form a barrier, protecting the area against bacteria, and preventing the blisters from drying out and bleeding. Since the moistened area does not crack, the burning and pain sensation will also be relieved.
What are the harms of vaseline?
Vaseline, which can be found in almost every home with its easy accessibility and wide area of use, can have disadvantages if not used correctly as well as its benefits. Although there are always differences of opinion about the benefits and harms, the important thing is to use the product consciously.
- For example, vaseline, which is considered a good moisturizer for the skin, is not suitable for all skin types. Vaseline can cause worse results on acne-prone, oily skin.
- If it is applied excessively and not cleaned properly from the skin, it can cause clogging of the pores, attracting dust and dirt to the skin surface.
- Another thing to avoid is applying Vaseline and going out in the sun. The sun can cause stains on the skin where vaseline has been applied.
- Vaseline is also a preferred product during make-up removal. It is often used to remove waterproof make-up products. However, after removing the make-up with vaseline, the skin should be cleaned well, if possible, this process should not be done continuously. Otherwise, clogging of the pores may occur.