Tropical grilled shrimp for weekend menu
Tropical grilled shrimp served with peanut sauce will make a great start to the meal. You can grill the shrimp on a barbecue or grill them indoors if the weather is bad, both of which will result in a great finish.
Serve them with cucumber and chili salad and add hot rice to make them a main dish if you like.
Delicious grilled shrimp dish
Ingredients Used for grilled shrimp
– 1/2 cup vegetable oil dầu
– 6 tablespoons of lemon juice
– 1/2 ginger root
– 2 cloves of garlic
– 1/2 teaspoon sugar
– 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
– Coriander about a small bunch, finely chopped
– 1 tablespoon soy sauce
– Seasoning: salt and pepper
– 26 shrimps (equivalent to about 700 grams)
Use for peanut sauce
– 1/4 cup vegetable oil
– 1 small onion, finely chopped
– 2 cloves of garlic
– 1/2 teaspoon chopped red chili ớt
– juice of 1/2 lemon
– 2 teaspoons soy sauce
– 5 tablespoons crispy roasted peanut butter
– 1 teaspoon brown sugar
– 1 cup coconut milk
Whisk together the oil, lemon juice, ginger and garlic. Then add sugar, chili powder, finely chopped coriander, soy sauce, salt, and pepper to taste and stir to mix.
– You soak 8 bamboo skewers in water for about 30 minutes, then string about 4 shrimps on each skewers and place them in a shallow food tray. (If using metal skewers, marinate shrimp before skewering)
– Pour the prepared sauce over the shrimp. Then place in the refrigerator for about 1-2 hours, flipping occasionally.
Make peanut sauce
– Heat oil in a small saucepan. Add the onion and cook, stirring for about 2-3 minutes, until slightly golden, then add the chopped garlic and red pepper; Cook until the onion is golden brown, but remember not to let the garlic turn brown, it will be bitter.
– Add lemon juice and soy sauce to the onion mixture; Stir until the spices are evenly combined. Next, melt the peanut butter and brown sugar on the stove. Then let it cool until it reaches room temperature.
– Beat coconut milk until smooth. Then, measure the required amount and pour in the peanut sauce. Stir well until the sauce is a bit thick.
– Preheat the oven to bake with oil. Transfer shrimp from the pan to the baking rack. Rotate the skewers evenly in the sauce. Bake them for 2-3 minutes until they turn pink. Occasionally brush the sauce over the shrimp during the baking process. Continue grilling until shrimp are pink on the other side, about 2-3 minutes more.
– Place the barbecue on a plate, add a small bowl of peanut sauce attached. Squeezing some lemon juice over shrimp is also a great way to enjoy this dish.