The water pastry recipe
The water pastry recipe, which you can eat at any time of the day, is a delicious taste that will add pleasure to your tea and coffee on the guests’ plates or you can consume it as a hot starter on your dinner tables. So, how to make water pie? Su pastry recipe, making, preparation, ingredients and trick…
For the dough:
- 4 glasses of flour
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon of water
- 1 teaspoon of salt
For internal mortar:
- 250 grams of fatty white cheese
- Half a bunch of parsley
- 200 grams of butter
To boil the phyllo:
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- Hot water
- Cold water
PREPARATION OF WATER PASTRY
- Take the flour into a mixing bowl and open the middle like a pool.
- Add the egg, water and salt and knead until you get a soft dough.
- Cover with cling film and rest for half an hour.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter and wait for it to cool.
- Finely chop the parsley, grate the cheese and mix.
- Boil water in a large pot and add the butter and salt to it.
- Put cold water in another large pot.
- Divide the rested dough into 10 meringues.
- Grease a 30 cm baking tray with butter.
- Unroll one of the meringues so that it is slightly larger than the baking tray and place it on the bottom of the tray.
- Then, open 4 meringues in the size of a tray and set them aside so that they do not stick to each other.
- Dip these phyllo in hot water in the pot and boil it for 2-3 minutes, then take it out and immerse it in cold water.
- Take it from cold water and drain it on a clean cloth, then place it on the tray.
- Lubricate them well with melted butter.
- Sprinkle the cheese and parsley mixture on the 4 layers of phyllo dough.
- After opening and boiling 4 more of the remaining dough in the same way, place them on the tray.
- Spread the remaining dough on the top without boiling it like the dough on the bottom.
- Pour the rest of the melted butter on the top and turn your pastry on the stove and let it cook.
- After browning on one side, transfer it to another tray of the same size by turning it upside down.
- Cook the other side in the same way on the stove and serve after slicing.
TIPS OF SU PASTRY
- There may be ground beef or cheese in the water pastry. Parsley can be added if desired.
- However, if the pastry is to be made with minced meat, the minced meat must be roasted beforehand.
- In the cheese pastry, only hard white cheese should be used.
- If you wish, you can also put cheddar cheese, pickle or melted cheese with lots of fat.
- Although these cheeses give the pastry a delicious look when melted, when the pastry cools down, it freezes and spoils the taste of the pastry.
- There should be plenty of eggs in the pastry dough.