Surprising Benefits of Drinking Water Regularly
Water, which makes up approximately 71% of the earth, is an essential drink for all living things, especially humans, to perform their vital functions. It has important duties in all functions of the body, from the digestion of nutrients to the absorption of nutrients, from the regular functioning of all organs to electron transfer.
Composed of two hydrogen atoms and one oxygen atom, water is tasteless, odorless, colorless, and transparent. About 97% of the world’s water is found in the seas, 2.4% in glaciers, and 0.6% in rivers and lakes. Seas and lakes take on the blue color of the sky, and the rivers take on the green color of the algae in it, as its color has an absorbing feature.
Approximately 60% of the body weight of an adult male, 65-75% of the body weight of children and 50% of the body weight of women consists of water. As age increases, the water content in the body decreases, and the fat tissue increases.
About two-thirds of the water in the body is stored in intracellular structures. The remaining amount is found in the veins, digestive system, body cavities and tissues. The daily water requirement of an adult is 2 liters on average. This amount varies according to personal characteristics, disease status, and physical activity.
What are the Benefits of Drinking Water Regularly?
- It helps prevent bad breath.
- It ensures healthy hair growth.
- It prevents dandruff that occurs in the hair follicles. In addition, it is among the benefits of drinking water to prevent hair breakage at the ends.
- It prevents muscle spasms and cramps that may occur in those who do sports regularly.
- It has an important role in the regulation of brain functions.
- It prevents problems such as attention disorder and forgetfulness.
- About 85% of brain tissue consists of water.
- Decreased water in brain tissue can cause stress and depression.
- Drinking water regularly prevents stress and anxiety.
- Drinking water while standing goes directly to the duodenum without waiting too long in the stomach.
- The benefits of sitting down and drinking water are more.
- Drinking water in this position accumulates in the stomach and combines with stomach acid, helping both to kill germs and to digest food more easily.
- There are many benefits of drinking water during pregnancy.
- It ensures the removal of excess edema in the mother.
- In addition, almost 90% of the placenta in which the fetus lives is made up of water.
- Regular water consumption positively affects the development of the placenta and helps the baby move more easily.
- It facilitates the production of milk for breastfeeding mothers.
- The benefits of drinking hot water in the morning include regulating bowel movements, soothing dry or irritated throats, and preventing cramps by relaxing stomach muscles.
- Among the benefits of drinking cold water can be counted as increasing the metabolic rate and being good for stomach pains.
- Drinking a lot of water has its benefits as well as its disadvantages.
- Consuming more than 7 liters of water a day can lead to life-threatening and water intoxication.
- As a result of excessive water consumption, the amount of sodium decreases in organs such as the heart, kidney and brain, and paralysis can be observed.
What are the Benefits of Drinking Water with Lemon?
- Lemon is a fruit rich in vitamin C. Vitamin C strengthens the body’s immune system and increases its resistance to diseases. Drinking warm lemon water, especially in colds such as flu and cold, is good for throat irritations and strengthens the immune system.
- The benefits of drinking lemon water at night include constipation and intestinal laziness. It increases blood volume and helps transport the nutrients and oxygen needed by cells.
- It supports the protection of heart health by positively affecting the circulatory system. It significantly reduces the risk of a heart attack. It prevents blood from clotting and darkening and allows it to circulate more easily in the vessels.
- Warm lemon water drunk in the morning is good for reflux. It has a preventive effect on kidney stone formation and urinary tract infections.
- It creates a feeling of satiety by increasing the stomach volume, and also accelerates the metabolism, allowing more calories to be burned even at rest.
- Thanks to its antioxidant vitamin C content, it helps to get rid of toxic substances and excess water in the body, and supports a more energetic and energetic start to the day.
What are the Benefits of Drinking Vinegar Water?
Vinegar, one of the most used seasonings, is generally used in pickles and salads in Turkish cuisine. Experts emphasize that drinking vinegar water before meals and in the morning on an empty stomach is beneficial for weight loss.
- Drinking vinegar water on an empty stomach reduces the glycemic index of foods by about 20% and controls the appetite by creating a feeling of satiety. Vinegar water, which also has positive effects on the metabolic rate, helps to lose weight.
- Vinegar, which plays an important role in balancing insulin and glucose levels, regulates blood sugar spikes and reduces diabetic complications.
- Regularly consumed vinegar water is effective in lowering bad cholesterol such as triglycerides and LDL in the blood. It also protects the body against kidney and liver damage due to its role in reducing the effects of free radicals.
- Vinegar, which has antimicrobial and antifungal properties, plays a role in preventing the growth of Candida fungus in the intestines. It helps to maintain the balance of intestinal flora by helping the good bacteria living in the intestines to multiply.
- Regularly consumed vinegar water helps dissolve lymph nodes and thanks to its powerful detox feature, it does not allow toxins to accumulate in the body.
What are the Benefits of Drinking Cinnamon Water?
- Cinnamon, which draws attention with its antidiabetic properties, plays an active role in the regulation of blood sugar. Regular consumption of cinnamon water helps prevent diabetes. It increases the sensitivity of the insulin hormone and regulates blood sugar.
- It helps to regulate brain functions and plays an important role in the balance of cognitive functions. Regular consumption of cinnamon water is recommended for both the prevention and treatment of diseases such as Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s.
- Cinnamon, which contains cinnamaldehyde, an antioxidant component, prevents the formation and proliferation of cancer cells, as well as has a protective effect against DNA damage.
- Cinnamon water, which has antiviral, antifungal, and antibacterial properties, increases body resistance when consumed regularly and protects the body against both bacterial and viral diseases.
- Drinking cinnamon water, which has antibiotic and antimicrobial properties, also has benefits for the face. It has a protective effect against redness, allergic reactions, and infections on the skin and makes the face area look more lively and bright.
- Drinking cinnamon water regularly helps you overcome problems such as bloating, gas and constipation by preventing the formation of nitrosamine in the intestines.
What are the Benefits of Drinking Carbonated Water?
Baking soda, which is one of the most used substances worldwide, is sometimes used in making cakes and cookies and sometimes in house cleaning.
- Regularly drinking carbonated water has beneficial effects on health. Especially carbonated water consumed on an empty stomach helps to regulate the normal pH level of the blood by reducing the acid level of the body. Coming to the natural balance of blood pH provides positive effects on the general functioning of the body.
- In cases such as heartburn and stomach pain, the use of carbonated water is common due to its neutralizing effect on stomach acids. 1 teaspoon of baking soda thrown into 1 glass of water prevents gas and ensures that foods are digested more easily.
- Most foods contain acid. Acidic foods taken into the body affect the pH balance of the body and cause the circulating blood to be more acidic. Acid accumulation in the body increases the risk of developing diseases such as osteoporosis, arthritis, urinary tract diseases, gout and cancer. Regular consumption of carbonated water reduces the risk of catching these diseases.
- Rinsing the mouth with carbonated water destroys the bacteria and viruses formed here and has an anti-inflammatory and sore throat effect.
What are the Benefits of Drinking Clove Water?
- Clove, which has a unique aroma, is especially effective in eliminating bad breath. In addition, cloves, which help to protect oral and dental health, act as a natural medicine against throat infections when thrown into hot water and drunk for a while.
- Clove water containing antioxidant components helps to remove toxic substances and excess water from the body.
- Among the benefits of drinking warm water with cloves, which also has the effect of accelerating metabolism, it can accelerate weight loss.
- Clove water, which is drunk regularly, protects the body against urinary infections thanks to its diuretic feature.
- It prevents depression and has a relaxing effect, allowing you to fall asleep faster.