RECIPE OF SUGARPARE
- 3 cups flour
- 3 teaspoons of powdered sugar
- 2 eggs
- 250 grams of margarine, kept at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon of semolina
- 2 packets of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
For the syrup:
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 2 glasses of water
- Juice of half a lemon
- Take the flour in a deep bowl and make a well in the middle.
- Put the powdered sugar, egg, margarine, semolina, baking powder and vanilla into the space in the middle of the flour. Knead the middle ingredient by hand without mixing it into the flour.
- Then mix the flour and continue to knead all the ingredients until they become a dough as soft as an earlobe.
- Take walnut-sized pieces from the dough and roll each one in the palm of your hand and place on a greased baking tray.
- Dip hazelnuts in the middle.
- Bake in a preheated 210 degree oven for 15 minutes.
- Then reduce the temperature of the oven to 190 degrees and bake for another 10 minutes and set aside to cool.
- For the syrup, boil the granulated sugar and water in a saucepan.
- Add the lemon juice and after boiling for one or two more minutes, take it off the stove.
- Pour the hot syrup over the cold dessert.
- Cover the dessert with cling film and leave for 15 minutes.
- Serve later.