Roasted pepper pasta
Roasted pepper pasta
Ever since I discovered the wonder of the one-pot pasta, I can’t stop using this amazingly easy way to make pasta. I think I already knew that I am a fan of little dishes, but this delicious red pepper paste is also a winner.
Take a large pan
The only point of attention with this recipe is that you take a pan that is large enough. I must admit that I started making this dish and halfway through I discovered that the pan was really too small. A standard frying pan, for example, is already on the right side. So take a big bite or a casserole to make this dish, then you are always in the right place.
It is a vegetarian pasta with – the name already gives it away – a lot of red pepper. Of course, you can add meat if you want to, but in terms of taste, you really don’t need it!
Roasted pepper pasta recipe
PREPARATION TIME: 20 min Persons: 6 CALORIES: 430 kcal
- 1 1/4 liters of vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 450 gr Fettucine pasta
- 1 onion chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 350 gr roasted peppers from a pot
- 400 gr tin of diced tomatoes
- 1/4 tsp chili flakes optional
- Pepper and salt
- 120 gr cream cheese
- Fresh basil
- Parmesan cheese
- Cut the onion thinly and finely chop the garlic. Remove the peppers from the jar and cut them into thin strips
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan over medium heat. Fry the onion and garlic until translucent.
- Now add the stock, red pepper strips, a tin of diced tomatoes, and some fresh black pepper. Add the Fettucine and make sure everything is covered with moisture as much as possible.
- Put a lid on the pan and turn up the heat. As soon as it boils, stir it again well, put the lid back on and lower the heat.
- Let it simmer for about 10-12 minutes, stirring every few minutes, then quickly put the lid back on.
- After 10 minutes you check whether the pasta is al dente. Once the pasta is cooked, remove it from the heat.
- if you have too little moisture in between, add a little water.
- Divide the cream cheese over the pasta and stir well until you have a creamy sauce.
- Serve with fresh basil and parmesan cheese
NUTRITIONAL VALUE PER SERVING
Calories: 430 kcal
Carbohydrates: 67 g
Protein: 13 g
Fat: 13 g
Saturated fats: 5 g
Trans Fat: 1 g
Cholesterol: 85 mg
Sodium: 1813 mg
Potassium: 496 mg
Fiber: 4 g
Sugar: 8 g
Vitamin A: 1153 IU
Vitamin C: 37 mg
Calcium: 105 mg
Iron: 3 mg
The stated nutritional value is based on standard tables and therefore an estimated total. No rights can be derived from the information in the nutritional table.