Persimmon Nutrition Facts: How Many Calories in Persimmon?
Also known as the apple of paradise, the persimmon or the Japanese apple, the other known name of the persimmon is the uruk date. It is said that persimmon, whose homeland is Japan and China, was first cultivated in Hatay in our country. The persimmon, which looks like a tomato, is among the indispensable fruits of the winter months.
Since persimmon is easily grown in subtropical climates, it is usually grown in Hatay, Antalya and the Black Sea Region coasts in our country. The fruit is also known as persimmon because the spread of the fruit to Turkey was mostly through Trabzon. When the persimmon is eaten in its immature state, it leaves a sour taste in the mouth.
Ascorbic and phenolic compounds are found at the highest levels in persimmon. Thanks to the beneficial components, minerals and vitamins in it, it helps to eliminate many health problems besides its anti-inflammatory properties.
Persimmon is a very healthy fruit and has many benefits. One of the benefits of persimmon is that it is a helpful food source in the fight against cancer, thanks to its high vitamin A content. Another remarkable benefit is that it protects body temperature and acts as a shield against colds and flu in cold weather.
Those who are considering dieting also wonder how many calories in persimmon. Because persimmon, which has a very low calorie value, is among the indispensables of diet lists. So, how many calories do persimmons and dried persimmons have? The answers to all these questions are in this article.
Here are the calories and nutritional values of persimmon!
How Many Calories in Persimmon?
How many calories in 1 persimmon, or how much is the calorie value of 100 grams of persimmons? Let’s examine the calorie values of persimmons under this heading, until it has many benefits. Calorie values of persimmon:
- 100 grams of persimmon: 73 calories
- 1 medium (80 g) persimmon: 58 calories
- 1 persimmon: 118 calories
How Many Calories in Dried Persimmon?
Dried persimmon is frequently preferred by those who are on a diet, thanks to its taste and low caloric value. If you are thinking of losing weight, you can include this delicious fruit in your diet list.
Calorie values of dried persimmon:
- 1 serving of dried persimmons: 54 calories
- 100 grams of dried persimmon: 274 calories
- 1 dried persimmon: 14 calories
Persimmon Nutrition Facts
- Apart from its calories, the apple of paradise also draws attention with its richness in terms of nutritional value. Persimmon is rich in vitamins C and A, folic acid, potassium and fiber.
- Persimmon has high nutritional values, especially in terms of carbohydrates and vitamin A. This delicious fruit is a storehouse of vitamins. Especially since it is a winter fruit, it is a complete protector against winter diseases.
- According to studies, persimmon is good for cardiovascular diseases, digestive system and immune system. Thanks to its high iron content, it is used in the treatment of anemia. Thanks to vitamins A, B and C, it is perfect for people with vitamin deficiencies.
- We have already mentioned that persimmon is indispensable for diet lists due to its low calorie and high nutritional value. Due to its high nutritional value and fiber content, persimmon prevents the feeling of hunger in people who are on a diet.
In 100 grams of persimmon:
- 15.06 g Carbs
- 5.1g Fiber
- 0.4g Protein
- 0.1 g Fat
- 0.0mg Cholesterol
- 153.0 IU of Vitamin A
- 7.0mg Vitamin C
- 177.0mg Potassium
- 12.0mg Calcium
- 0.1mg Iron