Pasta casserole with broccoli
Ovendish with pasta
A delicious pasta dish from the oven with lots of vegetables in the form of broccoli, peas and a creamy sauce. Topped with crispy baked cheese.
Casseroles are, in my opinion, one of the easiest dishes for busy days. Yes it takes a while to cook in the oven but you can prepare it in advance and when it’s dinner time all you have to do is put it in the oven.
I always pre-cook the broccoli for this pasta oven dish. This is not strictly necessary, but if you don’t, the broccoli will remain very al dente. And although I also quite like raw broccoli, you don’t want that in this casserole.
So you pre-cook the broccoli florets for about 5 minutes. Assuming you have made beautiful small florets from the broccoli because large pieces take longer. However, you want small florets for this pasta casserole. So keep that in mind.
Then you also have to cook the pasta yourself, but otherwise, it is no more than putting everything together in the oven dish, sprinkle with a lot of grated cheese and in the oven!
Pasta casserole with broccoli recipe
Number of people: 4 Preparation time: 10 MINUTES preparation time: 30 MINUTES total time: 40 MINUTES
- 150 gr fussili
- 1 broccoli florets just pre-cooked
- 150 gr peas
- 300 gr ground beef
- 200 ml whipped cream
- 5 tbsp flour
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp cayenne
- pepper and salt
- 100 gr grated cheese
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C.
- Cook the pasta according to package directions, drain and set aside.
- Fry the minced meat in a frying pan until brown and done. Add the broccoli florets and peas and fry for a while. Add all the spices and stir well.
- Now add the flour and fry it for a while. Pour in the whipped cream and stir until it thickens slightly.
- Mix the vegetables with the pasta and transfer to an oven dish.
- Sprinkle generously with the grated cheese and put it in the oven for about 20-30 minutes or until the cheese is melted and golden brown.
The stated nutritional value is based on standard tables and therefore an estimated total. No rights can be derived from the information in the nutritional table.