Pasta Arrabbiata Recipe
Pasta arrabbiata – an international pasta dish
Originating in the region of Rome, this pasta is simply a pasta with a spicy tomato sauce. Chili flakes, tomatoes and garlic are standard ingredients for the pasta arrabbiata.
As with all pasta dishes, you can of course easily adjust it to your own liking. For example, this time I added roasted tomatoes. Tomatoes always become wonderfully soft and sweet when you roast them in the oven. I think it’s a delicious addition to this easy pasta dish.
The term arrabbiata in Italian literally means ‘angry’ pasta which in turn has to do with how spicy the pasta is. Now that is of course also a personal choice. I like a little spice and added two red peppers to this variant.
Now some don’t think so much, while others hate it. Make sure to adapt it to your taste! Less spicy? Fine! More spicy? Just as fine.
Making the pasta arrabbiata
To make the pasta arrabbiata, first, turn on the oven so that you can roast the tomatoes. Meanwhile, you prepare the rest of the pasta. You heat a large frying pan with olive oil. In this you fry the onion until it is translucent, you add the garlic and chili and fry it for a while. I then add oregano here.
Basil can also go well with this, so use it if you like it. Also nice as a finishing touch to sprinkle over the arrabbiata.
Of course, you finish the pasta with a lot of parmesan cheese!
Pasta arrabiata recipe
A nice spicy pasta!
PREPARATION TIME: 30 min Persons: 4 CALORIES: 369 kcal
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 2 red chilies seeded, finely chopped
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 2 cloves of garlic chopped
- 2 cans of diced tomatoes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 300 gr spaghetti
- 250 gr cherry tomatoes on the branch
- Fresh parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C.
- Put the cherry tomatoes in an oven dish, drizzle with some oil and some salt, and roast in the oven for about 10 minutes.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan. First, fry the onion until it is translucent. Add the chili and garlic. After a minute you add the oregano and fry it in the oil for a while.
- Add the tomato cubes. Let it simmer for at least 10 minutes until the sauce has thickened slightly. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook the pasta according to the directions on the package. Drain and serve with tomato sauce plus fresh parmesan cheese. Pay attention to the roasted tomatoes and sprinkle some oregano on top if necessary.
NUTRITIONAL VALUE PER SERVING
Calories: 369 kcal
Carbohydrates: 75 g
Protein: 13 g
Fat: 2 g
Saturated fats: 1 g
Sodium: 306 mg
Potassium: 860 mg
Fiber: 6 g
Sugar: 14 g
Vitamin A: 759 IU
Vitamin C: 70 mg
Calcium: 111 mg
Iron: 4 mg
The stated nutritional value is based on standard tables and therefore an estimated total. No rights can be derived from the information in the nutritional table.