Nutritional Value of Lahmacun | How Many Calories in Lahmacun?
Lahmacun is one of the delicious foods that Arab cuisine has brought to Turkish cuisine. This dough dish, which is in the form of meat bread, consists of Arabic words meaning kneaded meat. Lahm; Meat means meat, while acun or acin means dough. When two Arabic words are combined, it appears as “kneaded meat dough”.
It is seen that Evliya Çelebi includes lahmacun in his Seyahatname . It is also a fact that such an ancient food is still loved by many people today. So, how many calories are in lahmacun made in different flavors in each city? Who thought about this while eating, raise your hand 🙂 Yes, most people do not calculate the calories they will take while consuming lahmacun, but it will still be useful to be moderate for a healthy diet. For this reason, we have calculated how many calories in lahmacun and we have obtained the results below.
After learning the calorie values of lahmacun, you can eat it more controlled. Enjoy and health!
How Many Calories in Lahmacun?
You can consume Lahmacun in different sizes and with different ingredients in every city. This is due to the richness of local flavors. The average 80 grams of lahmacun has a very satisfying taste. When you say how many calories in a lahmacun;
- 80 grams of lahmacun 118 calories,
- 1 lahmacun of 120 grams is 177 calories,
- 100 grams of lahmacun will be calculated as 148 calories.
How Many Calories in Hazelnut Lahmacun?
The type of lahmacun called Hazelnut lahmacun is usually made in street bakeries in Mersin region. One eater can eat at least 10 of these hazelnut lahmacuns, which are prepared in the size of a palm. If you have greens with lemon and an ice-cold ayran, perhaps this figure can be higher. We can calculate how many calories in 1 hazelnut lahmacun by stating that every food will be healthy when you are in moderation:
- 55 grams serving 117 calories,
- 110 grams serving 234 calories,
- A 100 gram portion will be worth 213 calories.
How Many Calories in Homemade Lahmacun?
They say that every meal is healthy at home. So, when you calculate how many calories in 1 homemade lahmacun with plenty of ingredients that the taste of your own hands touches at home:
- 1 lahmacun of 205 grams 327 calories
- 50 grams of 1 lahmacun 80 calories
- 73 grams of homemade hazelnut lahmacun 135 calories
- When you say how many calories are in 2 hearty lahmacun, you can see the value of 653 calories.
Nutritional Value of Lahmacun
Lahmacun is a doughy, meaty, vegetable and spicy food. For this reason, lahmacun is among the foods with high nutritional value. Those who want to lose weight should eat a measured and balanced diet. Approximately in 1 portion;
- 32.27 grams of carbohydrates
- 9.74 grams of protein
- 5.55 grams of fat
- 2.87 grams of fiber
- 14.54 mg of cholesterol
- 268.2 mg sodium
- 296.28 mg potassium
- 31.54 mg calcium
- 92.28 iu of vitamin A
- 26.78 mg of vitamin C
- There are 1.79 iron
Does Lahmacun Make You Gain Weight? Can it be eaten on a diet?
- We would like to say with regret to those who love Lahmacun; Lahmacun is a food with a very high nutritional value.
- Therefore, it should be consumed in moderation during the diet process.
- Due to its high calorie content, it can be preferred instead of 2.5 slices of bread, 1.5 meatballs, 0.5 teaspoons of oil and 1 vegetable in main meals.
- Digestion can be alleviated by adding plenty of parsley and lettuce while consuming.
Tips for Preparing Lahmacun Dough
One of the details that gives flavor to Lahmacun is the stuffing. Another is the quality of the dough. In order to leave an unforgettable taste on the palate, the lahmacun dough must be quite good. After eating, a crispy lahmacun dough should be offered to those who love it, which does not feel heavy in the stomach. What needs to be done for a successful lahmacun dough?
Here are the tricks everyone should know:
- 5 ingredients are added to the Lahmacun dough. Flour, water, salt, fresh yeast and water.
- Prepared dough, 30 minutes on cold days; On hot days, it should rest for 15 minutes.
- For crispy lahmacun, you should roll out the dough as thin as possible. You can also use a rolling pin to open it.
- You should roll out the dough evenly. If there is a thick portion on one side, the lahmacun will be a little misshapen.
- The yeast you use should definitely be fresh yeast. It will be a little difficult to get a delicious lahmacun dough with dry yeast.
How to Prepare for the Most Delicious Lahmacun?
- While preparing the lahmacun, your meat choice should be according to the lahmacun. Lahmacun made with lamb meat is generally preferred more delicious. Approximately 20% of the curly lamb meat should be added to the stuffing to be fat.
- When preparing minced lamb with finely chopped parsley, red pepper powder, finely chopped green pepper, the stuffing should rest for at least 4 hours. You can’t get the expected taste with lahmacun prepared in a short time.
- Since there are regional differences, garlic, onion and different spices can be added to the ingredients. In order for the material to give flavor, it must go through the resting phase.
- When adding tomatoes, it is recommended that the juice of the tomato is removed.