Nail Extension Methods
Well-groomed and long nails are the common dream of many women. However, we must tell you from the very beginning that; Unfortunately, there is no miraculous product or cure that can grow nails instantly or overnight. If you want to lengthen your nails; You should maintain them regularly and protect them from hard impacts.
The length of each individual’s nails is different from each others. The growth rate of nails is around one millimeter per month. However, you can help your nails grow faster and healthier than normal by using nail extension products or applying natural nail extension methods.
Nail Extension Methods: 10 Natural Remedies at Home
1) Olive oil
- If you want your nails to grow fast and healthy, you should not neglect to moisturize them.
- Olive oil is one of the most effective natural products for moisturizing nails.
- Olive oil nourishes the nails and helps them grow in a healthier way.
- Moreover, it is very easy to apply.
- All you have to do is; gently rubbing your nails with olive oil.
- Olive oil provides the moisture it needs by penetrating the nail and surrounding skin during this application.
- You can do this application before going to bed at night. You can get much more effective results if you wear gloves and sleep.
- Another method is; It is to dip the nails into a container filled with olive oil 2-3 times a week and wait for 15 minutes.
- Nails are almost saturated with moisture thanks to this application.
- If you wish, you can add a few drops of vitamin E into olive oil. This increases blood circulation around the nail. If there is a previous break or damage to the nail, this cure will shorten the healing process.
2) Flaxseed Oil
- linseed oil; It is rich in omega 3 fatty acids, magnesium, potassium, and B group vitamins.
- All these vitamins and minerals help nails grow healthy and fast.
- Flaxseed has another positive effect on nails; It prevents nails from cracking and splitting into two.
- It is quite easy to apply linseed oil to the nails. All you have to do is; gently rubbing your nails for a few minutes with this oil. That is all!
- If you do this application regularly every day, your nails will grow in a very short time and gain a healthy appearance.
3) Coconut Oil
- Coconut oil, like olive oil, contributes to the healthy and rapid growth of nails.
- This oil both meets the moisture needed by the nails and nourishes them thanks to the components it contains.
- It also repairs breakage and damage to nails.
- There are different ways to apply coconut on nails.
- The simplest method; Before going to bed, after rubbing the nails with coconut oil, put on gloves and go to bed.
- If you wish, let’s move on to the recipe for another, much more effective cure. For this cure, you will need coconut oil, as well as honey and rosemary oil.
So how is this cure applied?
- First, mix a quarter cup of coconut oil with the same amount of honey and 4 drops of rosemary oil.
- Heat this mixture in the microwave for 20 minutes and then set it aside to cool.
- Soak your nails in this mixture for about 15 minutes. At the end of the period, clean your hands and do not forget to moisturize with a suitable moisturizer!
- We recommend that you do this application 1-2 times a week for effective results.
4) Violet Oil
- One of the oils that are effective in lengthening nails is violet oil.
- You can help your nails grow in a much shorter and healthier way by rubbing your nails with violet oil twice a week.
5) Biotin Supplement
- Biotin supports the production of keratin.
- Keratin helps hair and nails grow faster.
- If you complain about the slow growth of your nails; You can use it by buying a biotin supplement from the pharmacy.
- Biotin is also found in whole-grain foods, carrots, eggs, milk, salmon, walnuts, almonds, oats, tomatoes, cucumbers, cauliflower, soybeans, lentils, and strawberries. You can increase your biotin intake naturally by including more of these foods in your diet.
6) White Vinegar
- With white vinegar, you can grow your nails in a short time.
- First, wash your hands and nails with a mild soap.
- Dry gently with a soft towel.
- Put some white vinegar in a deep bowl.
- Dip your nails in this container and wait for 5 minutes.
- At the end of the period, clean your hands well and apply moisturizer. That is all!
7) Orange Juice
- Orange, which contains plenty of vitamin C, supports the production of collagen in the body thanks to this feature. collagen; It is necessary for the formation of cartilage, bone, fiber, and joints.
- In addition, orange is rich in folic acid, which helps nails grow.
- Squeeze the juice of fresh orange to take advantage of all these properties of an orange.
- Soak your nails in orange juice for 10 minutes.
- At the end of the period, clean your hands and nails and apply moisturizer.
- You can apply this method every day until your nails are the length you want.
8) Lemon Juice
- Lemon, like orange, is a food rich in vitamin C.
- In addition, lemon whitens yellowed nails with its whitening effect. It helps nails to have a shiny appearance.
- In order to benefit from these effects of lemon; First, mix one tablespoon of lemon juice with 3 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Lightly heat this mixture in a pan.
- When the mixture reaches the desired coldness, transfer it to a deep bowl
- Dip your nails into the mixture and wait for 10 minutes.
- At the end of the period, clean your hands with warm water and mild soap.
- You can repeat this method every day until your nails are the length you want.
- If you wish, you can support the growth of your nails in an easier way without dealing with this cure.
- All you have to do for this is; rubbing your nails with sliced lemons.
- However, before applying this method, you should make sure that there are no wounds on the nail skin. Otherwise, you may get very hurt.
9) Stinging Nettle
- Stinging nettle, which contains plenty of silica, is one of the plants that protects and lengthens the nails.
- In order to benefit from this feature of stinging nettle; Add 3 teaspoons of dried nettle in a glass of boiled water.
- Close the lid of the glass and wait for it to infuse for 10 minutes.
- At the end of the brewing period, you can filter and drink your tea.
- If you wish, you can add some honey to your tea to sweeten it.
10) Horsetail Herb
- Another plant that contributes to the healthy growth of nails is the horsetail.
- Horsetail grass owes this feature to calcium and silica, which are abundant in it.
- In order to benefit from this feature of horsetail grass; Add 2 teaspoons of dried horsetail herb to 2 cups of boiling water.
- Close the lid of the glass and wait for it to infuse for 15 minutes.
- When the brewing time is over, you can filter and drink your tea. That is all!
Other suggestions to help nails grow faster:
- Like hands, nails also need moisture. You should moisturize your nails frequently, especially on cold winter days.
- Avoid using your nails in daily work. Otherwise, your nails may break or be damaged.
- Excessive exposure to water causes nails to soften and break more easily. Therefore, avoid washing your hands unnecessarily. Also, make sure to use gloves while cleaning the house.
- File your nails at regular intervals and in one direction. Incorrect filing affects the growth time of nails.
- Nails that are filed bluntly break easily. You can reduce breakage by filing your nails in a round shape.
- If you have a habit of nail-biting, you should stop this habit immediately. If you need support in this regard; You can use products sold in pharmacies and popularly known as bitter nail polish.
- You should avoid using nail polish and acetone too often. These products cause nails to weaken and break more easily.
- If your nails break easily despite paying attention to all these, we recommend that you consult a doctor.
- Lack of some vitamins and minerals can cause nails to break easily and not grow.