Mother’s Day pancakes: fluffy and with lime mascarpone
Fluffy American Mother’s Day pancakes with buttermilk
It’s almost Mother’s Day! And what could be more fun than spoiling your mother, stepmother, mother-in-law (or yourself!) With homemade pancakes early in the morning. In this case, I make nice, light American pancakes. Don’t be put off by that buttermilk, because you won’t taste it in the end result. The buttermilk ensures that the pancakes are extra fluffy and is therefore indispensable in this recipe.
I like to serve these decadent Mother’s Day pancakes with lime mascarpone. For this I simply mix some mascarpone with lime zest and lemon curd and possibly a little extra powdered sugar. Combine that with lots of fresh fruit and some honey and this special Sunday cannot fail!
Fluffy American pancakes with buttermilk recipe
PREPARATION TIME: 40 min
• 350 gr self-raising flour
• 2 tsp baking powder
• 1 tsp biscuit spices
• 1 tablespoon of granulated sugar
• 2 large eggs
• 150 gr buttermilk
• 325 ml of whole milk
• butter for frying
• fresh fruit, of your choice
• 250 gr mascarpone
• zest of 1 lime
• 1 tbsp lemon curd
• 2 tbsp icing sugar
1. Weigh the amount of self-raising flour in the bowl of the Kenwood Chef Titanium XL. Add baking powder, biscuit spices, sugar and a little salt and mix with the beater.
2. Now add the eggs, buttermilk and milk and beat until smooth.
3. Heat a frying pan over medium heat with some butter.
4. Fry the pancakes three at a time in a pan. Make sure there is enough space between the pancakes. As soon as bubbles form on the top and the top is dry, turn them over. Adjust the fire as needed.
5. Make the lime mascarpone by adding the mascarpone, lime zest, icing sugar and lemon curd to the bowl of the Kenwood. Mix it for a while until smooth.
6. Serve the pancakes with the lime mascarpone, fresh fruit and some honey on top.
The stated nutritional value is based on standard tables and therefore an estimated total. No rights can be derived from the information in the nutritional table.