Mexican Beans: 10 Little-Known Benefits of Mexican Beans
Famous for its hot sauces, Mexican cuisine has introduced a new flavor to many cuisines of the world. Red-colored beans, known as Mexican beans, are a guest in delicious salads and meals. If you are open to all kinds of legumes and different flavors, we will introduce you to a food originating from Mexico on this page.
For those who are vegan, prefer low-calorie meals, and love salads and colorful dishes, we are reviewing Mexican beans in these lines. When you come to the end of our article, you can add health to your plates with the benefits of Mexican beans. Let’s see, what are Mexican beans good for?
What Are Mexican Beans? Where Does It Grow?
- Mexican beans are a useful food discovered by Spanish explorers.
- This bean, which is frequently consumed in Central America and around Mexico, draws attention with its red color.
- Mexican bean, which has been in our lives for almost 7000 years, also flavors healthy dishes with its nutritional value.
- Mexican beans are often sold boiled and effortlessly used in salads and savory recipes.
- This bean has been the cure for many diseases, from cancer to infection.
10 Little-Known Benefits of Mexican Beans
1) Contains High Antioxidant Substances
- The body needs antioxidant nutrients to get rid of harmful substances and edema. One of these foods is Mexican beans.
- The substances that give Mexican beans their color are antioxidant substances. If you consume Mexican beans regularly, you will protect your body against toxic substances.
- Thanks to antioxidant Mexican beans, you can have a purified body.
2) It’s a Hearty Food
- Mexican beans are a food with high nutritional value. Thanks to this feature, it keeps it full for a long time.
- It provides satiety by taking place in salads and appetizers.
- When you want to eat at work or out, you can prepare a salad with Mexican beans at home and take it with you. Thus, you suppress the feeling of hunger for a long time.
3) Balances Blood Pressure
- Mexican beans are a food that balances blood flow. When the blood flow is balanced, the risk of heart attack and other heart diseases is minimized.
- Balancing blood pressure also eliminates the problem of blood pressure.
- In case you consume Mexican beans regularly, blood clotting and other blood problems are also prevented.
4) Source of Magnesium
- The way to relieve pain in your body is to consume foods containing magnesium.
- Mexican beans contain high levels of magnesium. When you consume this bean, the blood flow in your body accelerates and the pain disappears.
- You can try recipes prepared with Mexican beans to eliminate pain and cramps, especially during pregnancy.
5) Rich in Dietary Fibers
- Suitable for vegan nutrition, Mexican beans are a food rich in dietary fiber.
- Rich in dietary fiber, these beans help you lose weight.
- Low calorie, high nutritional value Mexican beans support the healthy functioning of metabolic activities.
6) Protein Storage
- Mexican beans are very strong in terms of protein content. As useful as meat, Mexican beans are a source of protein for those who do not consume meat.
- You can consume this nutrient to build and repair the building blocks of the body.
- You can meet the energy you need by consuming Mexican beans.
7) Protects Against Cancerous Cells
- Mexican beans, which prevent cancer cells from spreading throughout the body, fights free radicals.
- Antioxidant substances in Mexican beans build a wall against various cancer diseases.
- You can consume Mexican beans regularly to lead a healthy life. Studies show that this nutrient is very beneficial.
8) Balances Blood Sugar
- Having a balanced blood sugar is important for a healthy body. Mexican beans keep blood sugar in balance.
- Since Mexican beans balance blood sugar, it also removes the feeling of sudden hunger.
- This nutrient also prevents problems such as dizziness and fatigue.
9) Alleviates the Effects of Menopause
- The effects of menopause are felt in many women. Mexican beans counteract these effects.
- You can consume Mexican beans to eliminate problems such as sweating, stress, metabolic stagnation, low blood sugar during menopause.
- You should make room for Mexican beans in your home for a more peaceful menopause period!
10) Strengthens the Immune System
- Mexican beans, which are strong in terms of iron, fiber, vitamin C and antioxidant substances, also strengthen the immune system.
- People with a strong immune system do not get sick easily and are not affected by seasonal changes.
- You can also use Mexican beans on your plate while preparing healthy plates.
Mexican Beans Calories and Nutritional Information
If you often prefer Mexican beans in your meals, we would like to give you information about the calories and nutritional value of Mexican beans. Wondering what vitamins and minerals are in this beneficial food? Here are the calorie values and nutritional value of Mexican beans!
- 1 cup of Mexican beans: 607 calories
- 1 cup of Mexican beans: 809 calories
- 50 grams of Mexican beans: 169 calories
- 100 grams of Mexican beans: 337 calories
The list of vitamins and minerals found in 100 grams of Mexican beans is as follows:
- 61.29 grams of Carbs
- 22.53 grams of Protein
- 1.06 grams Fat
- 15.2 Fiber
- 12mg Sodium
- 1359mg Potassium
- 83mg Calcium
- 4.5mg of vitamin C
- 6.69mg Iron
How Much Do Mexican Beans Cost? Where is it sold?
- You can find Mexican beans in cans at most grocery stores.
- For easy use, you can buy packages that are sold in boiled form.
- There are packages of Mexican beans available for sale by various brands.
- The current price of canned and boiled Mexican beans in 2020 is 9 TL on average.
Meal Suggestions You Can Make With Mexican Beans
We would like to give information about the dishes that leave a mark in the kitchen for those who say what dishes I can make using Mexican beans. Recipes for flavoring boiled Mexican beans are:
- You can consume Mexican beans, which you mix with the vegetables you want, with delicious salads.
- You can create a warm main dish with potatoes and carrots.
- You can serve a meaty meal by cooking it with minced meat or meat.
- When you combine Mexican beans with a tomato paste sauce, you can consume it on pasta.
- Buritto, which is prepared with tortilla bread, is among the Mexican dishes. You can also try Mexican beans in buritto.