Maca radish, also known as Lepidium lilac, maca, or maca radish, is a herbaceous plant species from the cruciferous family. It is also called maca root, especially since the root part that remains under the soil is used. The plant is one or two years old.
The plant, which grows in high mountains without the need for special care, is quite durable. Commonly grown in Peru and Bolivia. Due to its benefits, it has recently been grown in greenhouses in different regions.
Roots match carbohydrate, protein, selenium, calcium, magnesium, potassium, calcium, zinc, iron, iodine, copper, oleic acid, palmitic acid, linolenic acid, vitamins A, B1, B2, B3, C, and D vitamins convenience.
What is Maca Radish?
- Maca radish is a plant originating from Peru. This plant, which grows in the high mountains of Peru, has tubers in the form of radish we know. In biology, it belongs to the pile-rooted family.
- The color of the root part of maca, which is from the plant family including mustard, is generally similar to the color of mustard, that is, it is yellowish cream and this type is mostly consumed. However, there are also different colors such as red, blue, green, purple. The cream-colored one has a sweet taste and the black-colored one has a bitter taste.
- Maca radish is also known as Peruvian ginseng. The reason why it is similar to ginseng is that it is energizing.
- Its root has many beneficial effects. It is consumed especially in the Peru region, considering it has a positive effect on fertility. Thanks to the vitamins and minerals in it, it also increases the endurance of the body.
What Are the Benefits of Maca Radish?
Maca radish benefits are quite high due to its rich content. Let’s take a look at the healing list together:
- It makes the body more durable, strong, and alive. Increases body resistance.
- Since it supports the immune system, it supports the formation of a protective wall against diseases.
- It is nutritious thanks to its protein structure. It is a fortifying food source, especially for vegetarians.
- It is a plant that can be on the diet list of those who want to lose weight with its nutritious but weightless content.
- It is digestive system-friendly due to its fibrous structure. It helps to solve problems such as diarrhea and constipation by supporting the healthy functioning of the intestines.
- It strengthens the whole body with the vitamins it contains. With amino acids, it helps the body stay in balance and all systems work healthily.
- It balances the stress level. Thus, it helps to sleep better.
- Since it strengthens the nervous system, it reduces the risk of nervous disorders such as panic attacks and depression.
- It supports keeping the memory fit and thus provides a measure against the occurrence of mental problems. It facilitates the fight against forgetfulness problems, which can occur especially as we get older.
- It also reduces the stress of menopause and menstrual periods.
- It also helps relieve menstrual pain.
- It contributes to the establishment of stronger connections in the hormone synthesis mechanism.
- It is beneficial for the balance of hormones in women and for increasing sperm in men.
- It is said to increase fertility, support infertility treatments, and increase sexual desire with its aphrodisiac effect.
- It makes you more energetic and fit.
- It supports the gradual disappearance of the symptoms of chronic fatigue.
- It helps the skin to renew itself and protect its light.
- It is effective in making hair healthier and shiny.
- It is also believed to have an anti-aging effect from ancient times.
- There are studies showing that red maca radish supports the recovery of prostate cancer.
Where to Buy Maca Radish?
- Maca radish is usually sold as maca radish powder in herbalists or pharmacies that sell natural products.
- In addition, there are varieties with additional food supplements in the form of capsules.
- If you do not want to buy from outside, you can order maca radish products online.
- If you are going to consume maca radish for the first time, it will be useful to consult a nutritionist. Although it is a natural product, you can also control the allergen effect by consuming a very small amount first.